Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12289 12290 [12291] 12292 12293 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14373120 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: [Wao] Pot noodle stole the precious thing. (Happy thread)
« Reply #184350 on: January 15, 2018, 05:04:28 pm »

Shower: Gainful. Employment: Shaven. Beard scruff: Taken.

Well, good.

Feels pretty moderate.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #184351 on: January 15, 2018, 05:29:32 pm »

Hey losers im giving away free crap again

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=168023.0

enjoy or dont whatever

stoke my ego
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #184352 on: January 15, 2018, 06:12:08 pm »

Shower: Marry. Employment: Kill. Beard Scruff: Fuck.
Love, scriver~

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #184353 on: January 15, 2018, 06:54:17 pm »

Shower: Marry. Employment: Kill. Beard Scruff: Fuck.

Ye gods, man. You sound like Bella from Twilight.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #184354 on: January 15, 2018, 07:29:23 pm »

I'm pretty happy the blocks on the hospital internet seem gone or reduced, I've been collecting oblivion mods so I can finally play that properly again after years without digging up my old broken and weird install.

Has anyone else here modded up oblivion recently? I'm a little curious what bay12 considers must have mods at this point.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #184355 on: January 16, 2018, 12:50:51 am »

God, I haven't played Oblivion in ages.

I assume all the UI mods are still required, but then I may be thinking of Skyrim.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #184356 on: January 16, 2018, 01:49:19 am »

Yeah Darnified UI is still a thing, definately got that one already. I was mostly wondering what would be a good option to load up alongside Maskars Oblivion Overhaul. The old shit was Oscuros but I know not everyone seems so big on it these days, and I never tried Fransescos or Martigens monster mod and some of those others...

Of course I guess I could try to merge them all together but that might make me scream. ... Well silent scream as it seems my vocal cords still aren't working.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #184357 on: January 16, 2018, 05:32:04 am »

Cross posting in terrified thread because it's sorta both.

I do martial arts, have for a significant portion of my life, I've said things to this effect before. But up until now it's been purely in the role of a student; I teach classes fairly regularly but I don't decide the advancement of other students or anything like that. But recently my sensei and I have been looking into setting up a subsidiary school that I'd run a few days a week as a way for me to continue doing martial arts as I go through school and also make money, and it's been implied to possibly lead into other things...?

This prospect is naturally exhilarating, but also fucking terrifying because holy shit that's a huge responsibility I'd be trusted with and the thought of accidentally fucking it up petrifies me. If it goes through it'd be such a good occupation! I already do this stuff for fun and health several times a week, if I can make that passion into a livelihood then I'd be effectively bettering myself, for money! Who could ask for more than that as far as occupation goes? But if I fuck up I won't just have let down a business opportunity, I'll have let down my mentor's trust in me, which took a long time to build up.

I'm resolved to not fuck up, but still. Looking at it in the future is ... I know it'll be such a good opportunity for growth, learning valuable shit, and bettering the lives of other people if it goes through and I want to succeed in it so badly. That's what scares me, I think - I've rarely desired something to this degree, and I have little to reference and compare it to. The only sort of emotional state I've experienced that's remotely similar to this cocktail of excitement and terror are the various times I've legitimately become infatuated with somebody, and even that doesn't really match up entirely.

the fact that that's also happening again but in what appears to be a potentially receptive situation both is and isn't helping things aaaa
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #184358 on: January 16, 2018, 02:22:56 pm »

That's so fucking cool! Do it dude, you'll do great!!!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184359 on: January 16, 2018, 05:31:03 pm »

After about 3 years, the manager at work finally fired this particularly annoying asshole. I really have no explanation to why it took so long, but he was stupid enough to walk away from what he was supposed to be doing to go badmouth the manager to another employee while said manager, the store manager, and the district manager were all in earshot.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #184360 on: January 16, 2018, 06:27:31 pm »

A friend I made last year that bonded with me and owl over strategy games and stuff and who we became pretty close with FINALLY got to visit me after a whole month and a half of her being too busy or in trouble to actually spend time with us. ... The very first thing she does is punch me in the stomach harder than I feel like I've ever been punched in the stomach, and calls me an idiot for getting myself stuck in the hospital before doing it again.

Then she felt bad and tearfully apologized and now we're just hanging out. ... My friends are weird but I love them.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #184361 on: January 17, 2018, 02:50:11 am »

A miracle happened.

My ex, who I still talk to (albiet quite strained most days) finally put her pride aside and decided to stop going into nursing and pursuing something she actually enjoys.

Context is she went back to school this fall to go into pharmacy tech, but she couldn't get in and saw she'd make much more as a nurse. Problem is, she hates sciences (at least ones they deal with in nursing). After a gruelling conversation where she said she's too proud/stubborn to back out, she gave my words some thought (for once) and decided her happiness is better than having slightly higher starting pay.

She's going into lab technician where she's gonna use that to work towards becoming a "lab rat" that works with forensics.

The fact she thanked me almost brought tears to my eyes. To say I'm happy for her is an understatement, because she's really gotten the short end of the stick in anything involving her happiness. To see her finally be able to enjoy something in her life makes me happy, because even though she's my ex, I still want to see her happy

For an additional happy I finally got a haircut today and shaved my beard off (I Appologize for losing my dorf power). When I looked in the mirror, I could see in my face I'm losing weight. And to make things even better, I look like my avi if I look down and grin wickedly :P
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #184362 on: January 17, 2018, 03:25:49 am »

I feel you. My ex (also on friendly terms though we hardly talk) had a hell of a time getting through college. She’s doing wonderfully now as a freelance comic artist and YouTuber and I’m proud of her, as weird a choice of words that feels.

As a side note, I’m glad I’m a happy drunk, I’ve got a good buzz going. It also scares me a little as I can see how this could become a problem for me seeing how quickly I was hooked on caffeine. I’m glad I can prioritize rent and food over whiskey.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184363 on: January 17, 2018, 05:07:36 am »

I don't think getting hooked on caffeine is all that comparable to becoming an alcoholic... that said, I'm glad you're a happy drunk, too!
*happy-drunk-five*   

In other news, it was rather hot today and after a (fairly decent) day at work I decided to buy myself a six-pack on the way home and am now five beers deep, including the one I gave to my housemate.

Edit: the bus driver this morning is playing some Bollywood radio station. So, so very much better than the shite bus drivers usually play if they feel inclined to turn the radio on at all.
Cheers me up a bit given how late I'm running and how sick and/or tired I feel.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 04:48:00 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #184364 on: January 17, 2018, 10:52:57 pm »

Despite being snowed in and the power mostly being out, I had a good day. Walked 6km through pretty snow, hatched several Pokemon eggs including my first togepi (named Bad Egg). Power was on long enough to make some hot tea and spicy ramen. Read physical books by the daylight, mostly sci-fi short stories.

I even found my hand-crank survival radio/light/phone charger! So I can play a little Pokemon Silver before helping my sleep schedule with an early night.

I'm very fortunate...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 12289 12290 [12291] 12292 12293 ... 13310