Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12290 12291 [12292] 12293 12294 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14549053 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: [Wao] Pot noodle stole the precious thing. (Happy thread)
« Reply #184365 on: January 18, 2018, 07:35:48 am »

I hope I don't cheer too soon, but it looks like my glass fibre connection is finally getting installed today.
I ordered it in november, I think. This is the third time they're here.
1st time: "oh, there's no connection to your house yet, we'll need to send the team that can dig up the street"
few weeks later, 2nd time: "oh, they already pulled the wire from the street into your front yard. You need the team that can drill a hole in your wall.
3d time, today, looks like it'll get fixed now (fingers crossed)

EDIT: wahahahahahaa. I should change my middle name to 'Murphy'.
So after drilling my wall and pulling the pipe in, mechanic discovered that the glassfibre itself hadn't been blown into the pipe going into my front yard.
I'll have to wait for the next team.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 07:49:10 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184366 on: January 18, 2018, 05:22:18 pm »

Got a second hand fish tank on Sunday as a replacement for my 54 litre one. New one is 296 litres and should be more than enough for my fish for the next few years. Got my goldfish and loaches transferred pretty quick, they seem to like the increased space, especially the loaches who I haven't seen squabble at all since the move.

Went out and bought some danios to add a bit of presence to the upper water layer today. They seem to be settling in well despite some initial fussing, their shoal is looser and more relaxed now and they're swimming deeper than they did at first.

Also my black moor, Othello, keeps swimming up to the filter output and pushing against the current for short periods before letting it sweep him away and my smallest goldfish Gomez spent a while doing twirls and wide sweeps in the biggest clear space in the tank, seems like they're playing with the new space, though Othello did like the filter current in the old tank as well.

Planning to get some minnows and new plants on Wednesday to get things all nice and filled up and give the goldfish more stuff to graze on between feedings. Little wrecking balls love their elodia but they kill it in next to no time.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184367 on: January 18, 2018, 06:23:26 pm »

Nice.  I bet they love the extra space.

Can you keep goldfish & minnows together?  I'd kinda have thought the goldfish would try to eat them.   :P
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #184368 on: January 18, 2018, 06:38:24 pm »

My only experience of keeping goldfish is that magpies love them. Same goes with amphibious snails. Snails and goldfish do seem to get along though.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184369 on: January 18, 2018, 08:04:18 pm »

Nice.  I bet they love the extra space.

Can you keep goldfish & minnows together?  I'd kinda have thought the goldfish would try to eat them.   :P

Goldfish generally get along fine with minnows, minnows grow to a couple of centimetres long and are very good swimmers as well as living in shoals. Goldfish usually don't even try to eat them and have a vanishingly small chance of pulling it off if they try. Since my goldies are fancy ones they're rather slow and clumsy. Two tails and egg shaped bodies isn't great for swimming after tiny things. I'd be hesitant about a full grown normal goldfish, but not overly concerned.*

The danios I've got are about minnow sized at the moment and the goldfish haven't even acknowledged them for example. Nor have they bothered the hillstream loaches I've got even though they're very small at the moment. Mostly they just murder plants, root around in the gravel, beg for food whenever humans go near the tank and the big ones sometimes bully the smaller ones. I used to help out at the pet shop I get my fish from and minnows are usually kept in with the goldfish there. The odd danio sometimes winds up transferred across somehow as well, though they have a separate tank a good four feet away from the goldfish tanks. One lived with the biggest goldfish there, about 8-10 inches, for months before I decided to move him across to the other danios so he could shoal properly.

All that said goldfish aren't good community fish, they're big, poop a lot and don't shoal with the little guys at all, but I think a more varied array of fish and plants is probably more stimulating for them than just goldfish and should help cut down on the big ones picking on the little ones.

* A lot of small aquarium fish are actually more of a threat to goldfish than goldfish are to them really. A lot of cichlids would outright murder them, barbs would probably shred their tails, guppies/platys would probably snatch a nibble when they could, some plecos and other suckers eat the slime coat off them which causes oh so many problems. Fortunately most are outside the overlapping temperature range for tropical and coldwater so people don't try to keep them together, but suckers usually overlap and cause problems.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Pancakes

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels drink: Too insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #184370 on: January 18, 2018, 09:43:55 pm »

I've started posting more on the forums lately, albeit not that much more. I have this bad habit of writing replies to many topics, and then just deleting them. And my username is from when I was younger, and with the new Marvel movies there's a connection some people draw, that's uh, kind of amusing hehe. But, I'm starting to break up that habit, a bit.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #184371 on: January 18, 2018, 11:32:09 pm »

My only experience of keeping goldfish is that magpies love them. Same goes with amphibious snails. Snails and goldfish do seem to get along though.
My only knowledge of fish in general is that birbs are way better

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #184372 on: January 19, 2018, 01:11:52 am »

That is comparing one of the least time requiring pets to one of the most needy pets you can legally own.  Granted, varies by bird species, but assuming you don't mean chickens most pet birds are needy AF.

(but yes, birbs are good)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #184373 on: January 19, 2018, 01:18:54 am »

That is comparing one of the least time requiring pets to one of the most needy pets you can legally own.
as someone who owns birbs i am aware of this already, i was just talking about general cuddliness

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184374 on: January 19, 2018, 01:23:45 am »

I'm torn: i have two friends going to clubs tonight. One is an anime nightclub with lots of cosplaying girls, the other is a metal nightclub with good music. I would like to go to both, but will probably hit up the metal nightclub, because it's less often. Also, after the anime nightclub they have this DJ who plays shit like "sandstorm" and "cotton-eye joe", e.g. shit that was out of date 15 years ago. Brings back bad memories of my hometowns "nightclub".

#firstworldproblems
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 01:26:48 am by Reelya »

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #184375 on: January 19, 2018, 10:07:46 am »

they have this DJ who plays shit like "sandstorm" and "cotton-eye joe", e.g. shit that was out of date 15 years ago.
But does he play this

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #184376 on: January 19, 2018, 10:38:58 am »

Cotton Eye Joe will fucking never be out of date I will fite u
Love, scriver~

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #184377 on: January 19, 2018, 11:11:03 am »

Cotton Eye Joe will fucking never be out of date I will fite u
+1

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #184378 on: January 19, 2018, 01:21:30 pm »

they have this DJ who plays shit like "sandstorm" and "cotton-eye joe", e.g. shit that was out of date 15 years ago.
But does he play this
Haha, I love the comments on that.  I was wondering why it sounded so familiar, like a lazy chiptune for a trainer.  (Was expecting a rickroll, thanks for not)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 12290 12291 [12292] 12293 12294 ... 13312