Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12319 12320 [12321] 12322 12323 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14528669 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: [Wao?!] When all you have is 12 tons of pot noodle... (Happy thread)
« Reply #184800 on: March 06, 2018, 12:31:47 am »

Chronicles of Amber done in New World of Darkness

This sounds ridiculous fun.  Are you using the Amber Diceless system?
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #184801 on: March 06, 2018, 07:47:30 am »

I considered it but no, NWoD is the system.  It's the system we're most familiar with besides 3.5, and it supports the modern setting well.  Along with an impressive array of "archaic" weaponry, since vampires tend to use and be vulnerable to blades. 

Heck, when one character duct-taped some fan blades to a "raccoon-stick", I was pleased to see that naginatas are already statted in the Armory supplement.  I knocked down the "damage" (attack bonus) a little, but added a secret surprise effect due to the crafter getting an exceptional success.  They know there's a surprise, but not what (:
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
  • Rejecting reality and substituting my own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184802 on: March 06, 2018, 12:14:28 pm »

Finally got to hear the adjudicator's comments from my first adjudication, and I was actually complimented directly. Felt nice, especially since it was on aggressive playing, since I've been trying to be less modest. Overall, our band only did good, and I know I screwed up in a few places, but it was fun overall.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184803 on: March 06, 2018, 02:33:38 pm »

I've been doing really well for the last week or so, spending a lot of time at the gym and exercising, eating well, drank some disgusting beet juice but for how awful it tasted I don't feel bad, getting some enjoyment out of my games and such, it's just small stuff like this that constitutes having a good day. I'd love it if I could keep this up, rather than constantly vacillating between depressed and 'content', though it's a kind of contentment where every time I go outside it feels like weeks have gone by, kinda like I'd lost track of time, and that leads back into a kind of panic about about life, which then makes me depressed. But right now, I feel really good.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184804 on: March 06, 2018, 06:55:03 pm »

Snake seems to have stopped looking for mates and is eating again, been nearly four months since he stopped eating this time. Not got that low level anxiety about his diet to deal with anymore, at least for the next few months.

He didn't even rub one of his scales away trying to find ladies this year either.  :)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 06:56:38 pm by Grim Portent »
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184805 on: March 06, 2018, 06:57:12 pm »

Wait, snakes stop eating when they look for mates!? Why would that be advantageous in any way

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #184806 on: March 06, 2018, 07:00:51 pm »

Mostly because snakes get damned lethargic whenever they've fed. It's the same for most species, but it's a lot worse for them because of how intense their digestive process is.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [?!?!] What the fuck is tail time (Happy thread)
« Reply #184807 on: March 06, 2018, 07:38:19 pm »

Yeah, snakes almost all breed immediately after coming out of brumation, which is basically reptile hibernation, with the opening window differing for different species. Corn snakes like mine usually spend between 1 and 3 months looking for females in the early springtime. There's a couple of advantages to this, one is that they wake when there's little food immediately available anyway, so delaying for a few weeks/months gives prey species time to start breeding themselves, which means the snakes aren't wasting time hunting during lean times and are also then developing eggs about the same time mice and shrews are having their 2nd or even 3rd batch of babies which make convenient snacks for snakes who need a shot of protein and fat after a long fast, and the snake's young then hatch out in the mid/late spring when there's still tons of small baby mammals in cosy little holes to nom.

Some snakes eat one large meal once a year and sleep for 6-8 months, not uncommon for large constrictors after eating deer or caiman. There's 2 sets of snakes I know of who can only eat for a few months a year because they can only eat one thing. African egg eating snakes have no true teeth (they have spines in their throat for cracking eggshells) and can only consume small bird eggs, which are obviously seasonal, and rubber boas from North America can only eat baby rodents because they're sufficiently small and placid that adult rodents are a bit beyond them, so they mostly eat in late Spring and then fast for the rest of the year.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184808 on: March 06, 2018, 09:27:51 pm »

Gotta shed (no pun intended) that beer belly to look trim for the ladies.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #184809 on: March 07, 2018, 08:06:18 am »

Those are some pretty weird specializations, nature.
Love, scriver~

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #184810 on: March 07, 2018, 09:33:11 am »

It's not unusual among cold blooded species.  Crocs also go for the "one giant meal every few months" lifestyle.

We like to pretend that warm-bloodedness is superior, but it basically forces you into eating constantly just to keep running.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184811 on: March 07, 2018, 09:49:31 am »

On the other hand, it allows constant activity. Imagine how it'd be if humans only operated half of the year/day?

Mmmmmmm perhaps better, as there'd probably be less pollution from humans scurrying about all the time?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #184812 on: March 07, 2018, 10:03:41 am »

We should all become Lizardmen.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #184813 on: March 07, 2018, 12:00:29 pm »

We should all become Lizardmen.

To some extent, we are. Agitation or stress sometimes will put off our need to eat in order to prepare ourselves for an invisible conflict.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #184814 on: March 07, 2018, 12:09:01 pm »

Humanity confirmed for closet lizardmen?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 12319 12320 [12321] 12322 12323 ... 13312