Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12324 12325 [12326] 12327 12328 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14541340 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: [?!?!] What the fuck is tail time (Happy thread)
« Reply #184875 on: March 15, 2018, 04:34:02 am »

Man, I know how that feels, actually... I always feel a lot less bogged down when I'm without easy internet access for a while, or without a smartphone at least.
Personally I usually fall back into the same rut before long afterwards, though. Hopefully you can keep it up! :)

What is it?
The Savage Detectives, by Roberto Bolaño!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184876 on: March 15, 2018, 04:45:46 am »

I seem to have managed to salvage a model conversion I just about ruined, had to completely remove the head with a pair of plastic cutters and glue on a new one from a different kit, but I actually think it's an improvement. Ruined the original one by trying to change the horns and accidently making it unable to properly fit the pieces they're attached to into the open slots on the original head.

Given the amount of models I've ruined over the years with tinkering and cutting I'm happy this one's turning out alright.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #184877 on: March 15, 2018, 08:27:23 am »

Today is the Ides of March. This makes me oddly happy.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #184878 on: March 15, 2018, 09:29:50 am »

INCREDIBLE! I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT JUST HAPPENED TO ME.

I now have glassfibre internet.

After I ordered it 5 months ago, and 4 teams of mechanics before the one that came today didn't manage to get it installed.

The first team was under the impression that the glassfibre connection was already present in my house, which it wasn't. So he was like 'I am not equipped with a team that can dig open the street to pull the cable to your house, we'll send a new team'

The second team dug open the street, and found out that the cable had already been pulled up to my house, just not inside it. They were like 'we are not equipped to drill a hole in your wall and we are running late for our next appointment, bai'

The third team neatly drilled a hole in my wall, and pulled the cable inside, only to find out that said cable was just an empty shell, and the glassfibre itself still had to be blown in from the street's main connection point.
So he was like 'sorry man, I really hoped to be able to finally get you your glassfibre (it was already januari), but I am not equipped to dig open the street and blow fibre through the cable, I just drill holes'.

The fourth team called me to tell me they had to cancel the appointment, because freezing temperatures had made the ground too hard to work with.

The fifth team came today, and got the job done.

I mostly blame the provider for wrongfully informing the glassfibre mechanics that there was already a glassfibre connection in my house.
I blame the 2nd team, they could have seen the cable was just an empty shell had they not been in such a hurry, and ordered the right team for it.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 09:32:49 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #184879 on: March 15, 2018, 10:50:43 am »

INCREDIBLE! I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT JUST HAPPENED TO ME.

I now have glassfibre internet.

After I ordered it 5 months ago, and 4 teams of mechanics before the one that came today didn't manage to get it installed.

The first team was under the impression that the glassfibre connection was already present in my house, which it wasn't. So he was like 'I am not equipped with a team that can dig open the street to pull the cable to your house, we'll send a new team'

The second team dug open the street, and found out that the cable had already been pulled up to my house, just not inside it. They were like 'we are not equipped to drill a hole in your wall and we are running late for our next appointment, bai'

The third team neatly drilled a hole in my wall, and pulled the cable inside, only to find out that said cable was just an empty shell, and the glassfibre itself still had to be blown in from the street's main connection point.
So he was like 'sorry man, I really hoped to be able to finally get you your glassfibre (it was already januari), but I am not equipped to dig open the street and blow fibre through the cable, I just drill holes'.

The fourth team called me to tell me they had to cancel the appointment, because freezing temperatures had made the ground too hard to work with.

The fifth team came today, and got the job done.

I mostly blame the provider for wrongfully informing the glassfibre mechanics that there was already a glassfibre connection in my house.
I blame the 2nd team, they could have seen the cable was just an empty shell had they not been in such a hurry, and ordered the right team for it.
Do you live in a Monty Python sketch

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #184880 on: March 15, 2018, 10:53:16 am »

Nah, more like a Kafka novel with brief Pythonesque intermezzos
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #184881 on: March 15, 2018, 11:08:43 am »

Does that mean you'll turn into a giant cockroach that is then immediately stomped on by a massive drawn foot?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #184882 on: March 15, 2018, 12:13:18 pm »

How delightfully silly

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #184883 on: March 15, 2018, 12:22:38 pm »

Today is the Ides of March. This makes me oddly happy.
Careful you don't get stabbed by those you trust, plus all your political opponents.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #184884 on: March 15, 2018, 12:25:24 pm »

Do you live in a Monty Python sketch
"But how would the mechanics get the cable in the house?"
"They could grip it by the husk"
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184885 on: March 15, 2018, 03:15:03 pm »

I seem to have attracted the friendship of another guy! We spent an afternoon hanging out at his house, playing Mario Kart, shooting pellet guns, Yahtzee, and having lively conversation. What a nice day that was. He's very much a harsh juxtaposition to my own character, with him being a very stereotypical, perhaps "normal" man that is married with kids, a very shameless appreciation for sex, and a hobby with guns and power tools. His mind is geared towards extroversion, with a high value in honesty and fulfilling one's own desires without hesitation, very different from myself to say the least. That's what I gather from our first time hanging out together at least.

I'm actually somewhat scared of the deal, because he definitely threatens to drag me from my isolated world into the wider 'proletariat' world. Or rather, this is my chance to escape my isolated world into another one, but I can't say I'm not nervous, it obviously entails some trade-offs, with some unknown unknowns being present definitely... But perhaps I should shake things up just for the sake of shaking things up?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #184886 on: March 15, 2018, 03:38:46 pm »

Fackin' do it.

Do not think about it too much :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #184887 on: March 15, 2018, 07:08:42 pm »

Chuck tingle now has a podcast, ran by the people who made Night vale.

It is as beautiful and terrifying as it sounds.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #184888 on: March 15, 2018, 07:11:53 pm »

Chuck tingle now has a podcast, ran by the people who made Night vale.

It is as beautiful and terrifying as it sounds.

Pounded in the butt by my own podcast
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #184889 on: March 15, 2018, 07:20:56 pm »

No longer immobilized by stomach illness.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 12324 12325 [12326] 12327 12328 ... 13312