Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12355 12356 [12357] 12358 12359 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14376962 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: [?!?!] What the fuck is tail time (Happy thread)
« Reply #185340 on: May 08, 2018, 09:05:56 pm »

All of us.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #185341 on: May 08, 2018, 09:16:04 pm »

Yeah. You and your whole life-managing company, right?
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #185342 on: May 08, 2018, 09:30:32 pm »

I was just continuing a Portal 2 joke :P
"Hello, manager?"  "..."  "I can't hear you over this echo..." "..." "Hm...  I think I understand."
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185343 on: May 10, 2018, 08:19:48 pm »

Those do sound like nice pastries! Maple Pecan is one of my favorite pastry accoutrement, right up there with chocolate, almond, and custard. Semi-related, but also lemons are marvelous and anyone who disagrees is a punk who doesn't know what they're talking about.

Life's not given me any major lemons lately, but on the metaphorical flip-side of that, with whatever the opposite of lemons is? I did land a cozy job as head writer and content-creator for a Vancouver-based teaching company. Writing a game design course for young students right now, and it's been kinda harrowing, and also really life-affirming and good. Once I can wrangle the wicked bout of Impostor Syndrome and all the associated anxieties that came with it, I'm sure it'll be even better! I'm a mess sometimes, but the group I work with are understanding, and it's just a situation I'm immensely thankful for.

Also got a road trip planned for next month, to tour North America with some folks, visit a bundle of friends and places I've been meaning to see, and find my favorite options for regions of the US and Canada to consider settling in for the next while. Really lookin' forward to it!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #185344 on: May 10, 2018, 10:09:15 pm »

Saw the new Avengers movie.

Without going into any plot details whatsoever, it was awesome.  The question of an Avengers movie is, if we shove all these high power heroes together, who could be a believable threat?  The other movies never found a good answer.  Infinity War... does not have that problem.  MCU Thanos is terrifying.  On the level of Darth Vader or Frieza.

The plotting was cool too.  The other huge crossovers (looking at you Civil War) struggled with the large number of characters.  This one makes it work.  Everyone feels in character and most of them have a strong motive for being there.  The fight scenes have the epic scale of a typical MCU movie but are comprehensible like they were in Winter Soldier.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #185345 on: May 11, 2018, 12:01:03 am »

Saw the new Avengers movie.

Without going into any plot details whatsoever, it was awesome.  The question of an Avengers movie is, if we shove all these high power heroes together, who could be a believable threat?  The other movies never found a good answer.  Infinity War... does not have that problem.  MCU Thanos is terrifying.  On the level of Darth Vader or Frieza.

The plotting was cool too.  The other huge crossovers (looking at you Civil War) struggled with the large number of characters.  This one makes it work.  Everyone feels in character and most of them have a strong motive for being there.  The fight scenes have the epic scale of a typical MCU movie but are comprehensible like they were in Winter Soldier.

I liked most of it, don't get me wrong... The final mass scale fight though, that really kinda felt like it phoned it in. I get that these folks haven't actually gone to war in millenia, but Jesus Christ that was Imperial Engineering level of stupid in terms of tactics.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #185346 on: May 12, 2018, 08:27:10 am »

Watched the movie, Coco (by Pixar) with family.
...I've read before that it's a gem in the rough, less watched or popular compared to others, and I agree fully. Also reminds me in part of our culture but hum.

Love it so much.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #185347 on: May 12, 2018, 09:04:43 am »

I loved that movie so much.

Didn't know it was less popular though.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #185348 on: May 12, 2018, 10:07:02 am »

I loved that movie so much.

Didn't know it was less popular though.

I've never heard of it.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #185349 on: May 12, 2018, 10:09:23 am »

Same, I only know Koko Flanel
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #185350 on: May 12, 2018, 12:03:37 pm »

I dunno where you got the idea it wasn't liked much, it did brilliantly with audiences and critics alike :v I've been meaning to see it myself, but idk if the out-of-theatres release is out yet.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #185351 on: May 12, 2018, 01:10:16 pm »

I don't think it was advertised very much prior to its release, but I don't watch much in the way of TV so... maybe it was?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185352 on: May 12, 2018, 01:35:55 pm »

It is out on video yes, it is a favorite of my nieces/nephews.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #185353 on: May 13, 2018, 05:30:07 am »

Spotify finally banned the music of R. Kelly.
Now let's hope he will someday face charges for his pedophile psycho ways too.
EDIT: ohwait, they didn't ban it, they just stopped actively pushing it to users.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #185354 on: May 13, 2018, 07:51:02 pm »

Just cuz the artist is bad doesn't make the art bad.

That'd be like saying Ender's Game is bigoted, when it's not. There's nothing weong with the series, and it shouldn't be banned. Though maybe I guess for some people it may be worth it to wait until Scott Ordon Card dies first. That way he doesn't get royalties.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 12355 12356 [12357] 12358 12359 ... 13310