Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12402 12403 [12404] 12405 12406 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14378060 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: [Tho] It is made of raw. It creates extra posts [#####+] (Happy thread)
« Reply #186045 on: July 17, 2018, 01:30:41 pm »

On the image is a cat. The cat is indifferent.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #186046 on: July 17, 2018, 07:20:16 pm »

Oh man, for once Youtube's sidebar videos did me something good; it reminded me that these new Disney shorts exist, and apparently are still being made. I could make recommendations, but honestly they're all worth watching, and they're nice and short too so it's not a huge commitment to watch a few every now and then. Art and animation style is kind of a hybrid between old school and modern, and it's really fucking well done if you ask me. Top notch animation and humour that hits all the right notes for me, what else could a man wish for? :v
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 07:21:56 pm by Shook »
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #186047 on: July 19, 2018, 12:33:44 am »

Okay, so the new df dev log sounds like an april fools joke and frankly i cant believe it, but holy fuck does it sound awesome
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #186048 on: July 19, 2018, 12:37:26 am »

No longer do you have to search the ground for fluffy wamblers to throw, you can just start with dozens of them! This is probably the most exciting adventure mode news in a long time.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #186049 on: July 19, 2018, 01:19:07 am »

Praise be to the shoulder hamsters, may they live gloriously.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186050 on: July 19, 2018, 01:47:30 am »

Oh man, for once Youtube's sidebar videos did me something good; it reminded me that these new Disney shorts exist, and apparently are still being made. I could make recommendations, but honestly they're all worth watching, and they're nice and short too so it's not a huge commitment to watch a few every now and then. Art and animation style is kind of a hybrid between old school and modern, and it's really fucking well done if you ask me. Top notch animation and humour that hits all the right notes for me, what else could a man wish for? :v

Thanks for this, I've been enjoying them as well. They do have a nice amount of detail put into them as well as lots of small reference. I've been watching some of the older episodes as well and, while I do still prefer the hand-drawn ones, these newer shorts seem to have a faster tempo and better timing on jokes. The backgrounds are also really nice, looking like watercolour paintings.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #186052 on: July 19, 2018, 06:34:48 pm »

Hey I feel ya, I was getting a bit down about having bodyfat as I creep up on 38 after being a wiry bundle of teenaged muscle into my twenties.

Woodworking with hand tools is a surprising amount of exercise, great for pain resistance too, I now have to check if I actually hit myself with an edge by waiting to see if it bleeds... hrrm.

They're so damn important but I never think about them.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #186053 on: July 19, 2018, 06:57:09 pm »

Thanks for this, I've been enjoying them as well. They do have a nice amount of detail put into them as well as lots of small reference. I've been watching some of the older episodes as well and, while I do still prefer the hand-drawn ones, these newer shorts seem to have a faster tempo and better timing on jokes. The backgrounds are also really nice, looking like watercolour paintings.
Yer welcome, also ditto. The old traditionally animated ones will forever have a special place in my heart, but these new ones can absolutely stand on their own. Gotta say, i also quite like the new Minnie, she's much more of a character now than just Mickey's Flat Love Interest(tm) (... and also her giggle is cute as fuck).
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #186054 on: July 19, 2018, 07:15:52 pm »

Hey I feel ya, I was getting a bit down about having bodyfat as I creep up on 38 after being a wiry bundle of teenaged muscle into my twenties.
Sorta this, though I'm only 32.  When I went to college I stopped exercising as much, and I had learned to associate food with exercise/justification, so I had a pretty serious brush with anorexia.  Over years at a tech company I taught myself to eat "for no reason", which has problems of its own, and I was technically overweight briefly.
I'm now at a pretty good balance, in my honest opinion, thanks largely to low-effort exercise.

Woodworking with hand tools is a surprising amount of exercise, great for pain resistance too, I now have to check if I actually hit myself with an edge by waiting to see if it bleeds... hrrm.

I don't think I've mentioned that your woodworking pictures are really cool.  Both my grandfathers worked wood, now that I think about it.  One made tools and things like you, the other repaired and varnished furniture for people.

Be careful about that pain tolerance, though.  That kind of outlet should be treated with caution, in my experience.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #186055 on: July 19, 2018, 07:46:29 pm »

Heh I don't know if exercise ever made me "happy", though "relieved it was over" was certainly a thing.  The endorphins felt good, but it's a numb giddiness that I now recognize as being a lot like alcohol.

That's why I hesitate to call what I do now "exercise".  It's playing Pokemon GO, or Dance Dance Revolution on my lame plastic pad, or just picking a slightly farther destination and walking to it, to show I can.  The DDR is fully aerobic but there's a point where I get too exhausted to make any game progress, so I go do something else.  As opposed to chasing the endorphin high.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #186056 on: July 19, 2018, 08:40:44 pm »

Well, I went to Krav Maga. Turns out it's more a kind of MMA thing, but it was still enjoyable.

I missed a good chunk of the lesson because between being unfit and the heat, the 10 minute warmup left me lightheaded and a bit nauseous, but once I got over that I enjoyed the rest of it. Highlighted my need to exercise more though. Doubt I'll do any tomorrow, don't think my thighs would appreciate that, but Saturday would work.

How much did you eat prior to it?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #186057 on: July 19, 2018, 10:06:25 pm »

Exercising is a good way to be productive without needing to think too hard imo

We live in a world where we're so efficient that we need to set aside some time to waste energy
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #186058 on: July 20, 2018, 07:21:37 am »

It's funny because Krav Maga looks like the Swedish words for Demand Belly-a. Belly Demand
Love, scriver~

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #186059 on: July 21, 2018, 03:41:49 am »

I was contemplating taking up leatherworking, but it's a minimum of £140 to get started with all the tools, and that's going for fairly cheap shit that'll probably break pretty readily. That's without taking leather into account.

Still, I have something to do, and it ought to motivate me into exercising more. I was already losing weight, but slowly, and adding exercise into it can only help. I think one of my issues is that the standard "Exercise makes you happy" system seems broken in my head, so I need to find exercise I'm interested in to enjoy it.
Oh god, leather the way I'm doing this shit means I'd need to dismantle a cow and tan it at some point, I think wood is easier, but more to the point, leather is something I can do some things with if I try, wood is something I just get, though there remains the satisfaction in knowing you're starting a project which doesn't have a guaranteed outcome. I've fucked up most of what I've tried to make, some in huge noticeable ways like my first snapped saw handle, others in little scrapes or badly chosen grain directions which only another woodworker would even notice.

Wish I'd picked this up twenty years ago though.
Pages: 1 ... 12402 12403 [12404] 12405 12406 ... 13310