Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12456 12457 [12458] 12459 12460 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14377299 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: [Tho] It is made of raw. It creates extra posts [#####+] (Happy thread)
« Reply #186855 on: September 06, 2018, 11:26:50 pm »

Just want to shout out Yakuza 0 again. I've not had this much enjoyment out of a game's story, like, ever. Despite being just normal ass people, everyone is highly memorable. Even the pissants that only appear in one cutscene, it's very easy to immediately like them and remember them far far after their time in the story is over. I especially like the antagonists whose voice actors make them sound like they've been smoking two packs a day since kindergarten.
I've been meaning to get into the Yakuza series. Not nearly enough real beat-'em-ups these days.
Heck, I think the last one I remember playing was Canis Canem Edit, which was wonderful. (I think I like that title more than Bully, personally.)

Is 0 the first entry in the series, or is it the prequel episode that was released just recently? Would it be a good jumping-on point?   
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 11:28:51 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186856 on: September 07, 2018, 04:17:12 am »

Just want to shout out Yakuza 0 again. I've not had this much enjoyment out of a game's story, like, ever. Despite being just normal ass people, everyone is highly memorable. Even the pissants that only appear in one cutscene, it's very easy to immediately like them and remember them far far after their time in the story is over. I especially like the antagonists whose voice actors make them sound like they've been smoking two packs a day since kindergarten.
I've been meaning to get into the Yakuza series. Not nearly enough real beat-'em-ups these days.
Heck, I think the last one I remember playing was Canis Canem Edit, which was wonderful. (I think I like that title more than Bully, personally.)

Is 0 the first entry in the series, or is it the prequel episode that was released just recently? Would it be a good jumping-on point?   

It's a prequel that came out after a bunch of the other games. Canonically it's the first game in the series. I'm a newcomer to the series myself so I can't give you the full skinny off the top of my head. I'm worried that I'll be disappointed by the other games in the series after I finally move on to those, cause Yakuza 0 seems be a highly polished gem, and I don't know if it's brethren will be able to stand up to it.

As far as beat'em ups go, you won't be disappointed. There's six fighting styles to master, all of them fleshed out and uniquely useful in their own way. A Final Fantasy 10 sphere grid for each one. The combat is very responsive and deep, honestly way more complex than is ever required by the in-game challenges. And if you happen to be a sadist there's a large large, just way too large collection of 'heat moves' where you can proc special cutscenes of brutally cathartic moves on enemies; you'll be surprised I'll guarantee it, there's more than a few that made me go "THEY PUT THAT IN THE GAME? BUT WHY?!" and I already know the reason why, because it was fucking cool. 

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #186857 on: September 07, 2018, 06:56:31 am »

Yakuza: The game series where you sing karaoke, run a hostess club, hang out at the arcade, show off your dance moves, and maybe do some organized crime stuff. Maybe.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #186858 on: September 07, 2018, 06:57:23 am »

It’s a prequel, but they’re also remaking the first two games at least for modern consoles. Yakuza Kiwami, I believe it’s called. Not played the remakes, but Yakuza 3 was my favourite, so maybe they’ll remake that next, even though it was only released last generation.

PPE: you also play golf and fish, and deliberately get punched in the face so you can eat excessive amounts of restaurant food.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #186859 on: September 07, 2018, 07:11:15 am »

A certain someone is back.

However, his arguments are now no longer giant walls of text filled with hypocrisies and nonsense (what I hated about him). Instead, he brought up more-or-less reasonable stuff. Let's see how long this lasts. And that's my Happy.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 07:43:36 am by KittyTac »
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #186860 on: September 07, 2018, 07:32:40 am »

Stop name-dropping people.

You're supposed to passive-aggressively allude to someone in a vague way and hint that someone should PM you to ask for the deets so you can tell them all about it.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #186861 on: September 07, 2018, 07:38:41 am »

SOMEWONE is back.  They better have packed their brain this time, because if they go and step up with that soap box non-sense Ima rip off their scalp and scoop out whatever's actually there with a sundae scooper.

Too aggressive?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #186862 on: September 07, 2018, 07:42:44 am »

Nope.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #186863 on: September 07, 2018, 07:55:49 am »

A certain someone is back.

However, his arguments are now no longer giant walls of text filled with hypocrisies and nonsense (what I hated about him). Instead, he brought up more-or-less reasonable stuff. Let's see how long this lasts. And that's my Happy.
Could you please stop polluting the Happy thread with this? Thanks!
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #186864 on: September 07, 2018, 07:55:58 am »

Ah, I remember when I hated someone on the forums.
looks at ban list
Good times. Heh
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #186865 on: September 07, 2018, 08:28:42 am »

I hate no one here. I am a Zen master. Until I get on Discord. Dislike a person or two there.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186866 on: September 07, 2018, 08:37:57 am »

I hate everyone equally
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #186867 on: September 07, 2018, 08:49:29 am »

I have dodged the banhammer by pretending to be a lawabiding forumer.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #186868 on: September 07, 2018, 08:52:08 am »

We are the poster forumly known as Pathos
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186869 on: September 07, 2018, 08:57:59 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:30:50 pm by dragdeler »
let
Pages: 1 ... 12456 12457 [12458] 12459 12460 ... 13310