Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12580 12581 [12582] 12583 12584 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14376298 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: [Tho] It is made of raw. It creates extra posts [#####+] (Happy thread)
« Reply #188715 on: January 12, 2019, 07:31:20 am »

Happy survival day!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188716 on: January 12, 2019, 11:36:52 am »

I cleaned my apartment up a bit today. I finally decided to scrub the ceiling, cause there was all these really disgusting-looking filth stalactites on the bathroom ceiling. They have this almost gelatinous texture to them, I really wonder what they're made of. But I got nearly all of them, it was satisfyingly hard.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #188717 on: January 12, 2019, 11:57:57 am »

I cleaned my apartment up a bit today. I finally decided to scrub the ceiling, cause there was all these really disgusting-looking filth stalactites on the bathroom ceiling. They have this almost gelatinous texture to them, I really wonder what they're made of. But I got nearly all of them, it was satisfyingly hard.
Jesus christ I feel really good about my living conditions now, I mean, sawdust can be a mess but it's a clean mess, you know?

Someone barfs, you put sawdust on it to make it easier to clean up.

So, recent research has indicated that probiotics really don't do much of anything to restore proper gut flora. In some cases, heavy probiotic usage can actually make things worse and have it take longer to restore the balance. Supposedly the only thing that works right and proper-like is a self-donor fecal transplant.

I still love me some yoghurt though.
Poop transplants are seriously one of the easiest and least considered ways to fix lots of the problems which our shitty toilet design exacerbates.

Squatty potty stools and shit will help you shit out some stool, but god damn, fuck the motherfucker who invented the throne toilet right in his stupid motherfucking braincunt.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188718 on: January 12, 2019, 12:35:42 pm »

Jesus christ I feel really good about my living conditions now

It's not that bad, though when I was scrubbing, I had the sponge directly over my face, and I had underestimated how much water was in the sponge. I put a little elbow grease into it, and accidentally squirted my face with water mixed with whatever mystery juice the stalactites were made of, and with paint scrubbed off the ceiling. It wasn't an irritant, but I hope that doesn't wind up being a problem!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188719 on: January 12, 2019, 12:44:03 pm »

Again, I am still really happy that I've never discovered bathroom stalactites, you should possibly talk to your landlord about that.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188720 on: January 12, 2019, 03:10:52 pm »

It is too late. They have already sprouted from their nest.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188721 on: January 12, 2019, 04:37:07 pm »

Sleeping in an outdoor hammock is actually... heavenly.
Well, apart from these flies who have just showed up. Fukk off ya cunts, I'm not dead. Compost bin's over yonder.
Also last night turned out pretty ace in general.

Edit: awww yes, and there's more of Kagus's Hellsign LP! I'm gonna read that whilst lying in this hammock and then try and go back to sleep.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 04:51:54 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188722 on: January 13, 2019, 02:58:39 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 03:32:27 pm by dragdeler »
let

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #188723 on: January 13, 2019, 03:41:10 pm »

Hey man, if it's out of your control, it's nothing to worry about.

It's easier said than done I'll admit. I have trouble with it literally all the time. But if nothing you do can change the situation for the better sometimes it's best to shove it out of your mind until such a time comes up you can do something.

Once you get there it really is a heavenly state of bliss. I'm there right now with job hunting at my local uni. Nothing for me to apply for so I'm taking all the time to relax at home.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188724 on: January 14, 2019, 12:46:54 pm »

I installed the Daughters of Ash mod for Dark Souls 1. I'm not usually the kind of person to mod games, but GOD am I loving it so far. It's nice to explore this world again and seeing everything recontextualized through someone else's talent of careful item & npc placement and rewritten item descriptions. Just the atmosphere, lore, and game balance are all superb. On more than one occasion I'm just forced to stop and go "Perfect, that's just perfect!" and I'm only up to the Undead Burg so far.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 12:50:16 pm by JoshuaFH »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188725 on: January 14, 2019, 01:57:39 pm »

Went to the DMV today, got my ID renewed. Then I went to my mom's credit union to open an account and apply for a credit card. Gotta get that credit rating up, but first I gotta get that credit rating existing first.

Doing a bunch of mature adult things today. First thing I'm probably going to put on that credit card is a Nintendo Switch, maybe get a few plushies or something while I do that.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #188726 on: January 14, 2019, 02:02:43 pm »

Didja thank the DMV peeps for working during the shutdown? DMV life is pretty shitty on a normal day, not getting paid for the ordeal makes it break the speed limit of shit.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188727 on: January 14, 2019, 04:59:14 pm »

Department of Motor Vehicles is state, not federal, so they're not affected by the shutdown.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188728 on: January 15, 2019, 01:47:06 am »

I turned a rusty paint scraper, the side of an old hp computer case, and the front of a dresser we were gonna get rid of into... well, big surprise here...
Spoiler: It's a saw! (click to show/hide)
Gonna put a better spine on it since I was kinda experimenting with different ways to get a workable sized piece off that computer case so that first one was kinda scuffed and scraped up before I got the trick for breaking it loose properly.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188729 on: January 15, 2019, 05:44:27 am »

Didja thank the DMV peeps for working during the shutdown? DMV life is pretty shitty on a normal day, not getting paid for the ordeal makes it break the speed limit of shit.

When they say they aren't paying people, that means they're not working. This is the reason government websites in the USA are going offline: no techs are at work to renew the TLS certificates. That's how bad it's getting. When government websites are going offline since you laid off the IT staff that are supposed to maintain them, you know those places really are completely shut down and not just running without pay.

It costs more to keep an office open than just wages. These federal office don't have any money at all, for things like electricity even. So no, it's not just people working without pay, it's entire departments closed up since they have no operating funds. I'm sure federal workers care about their jobs and some would be willing to put in unpaid time to keep something running, but they'd be doing so with the lights off and no computers even if they did that.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 05:51:04 am by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 12580 12581 [12582] 12583 12584 ... 13310