Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12591 12592 [12593] 12594 12595 ... 13311

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14514431 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: [Why] Sssoomebody once told me- (Happy thread)
« Reply #188880 on: January 22, 2019, 03:29:23 pm »

We got the papers, finally, after months of sleeplessness nights, after unending hours in queues... Finally we have them on our hands....

Now, next steep is going to the Colombian consulate to register my father in law as a Colombian. By chances the first anniversary of his death is this week. Fuck, even my happy posts have shades of gloom, first thing I'll do when we are outta here is to take us somewere fun and entertaining, or maybe eat a clown.

In case you decide to make your way up to the States, Idaho has some pretty cheap cost of living. Plus it's got beautiful outdoors (minus the snowstorm barreling towards us right now.) so it's a great place to raise a kid on nature.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #188881 on: January 22, 2019, 03:57:25 pm »

We got the papers, finally, after months of sleeplessness nights, after unending hours in queues... Finally we have them on our hands....

Now, next steep is going to the Colombian consulate to register my father in law as a Colombian. By chances the first anniversary of his death is this week. Fuck, even my happy posts have shades of gloom, first thing I'll do when we are outta here is to take us somewere fun and entertaining, or maybe eat a clown.

In case you decide to make your way up to the States, Idaho has some pretty cheap cost of living. Plus it's got beautiful outdoors (minus the snowstorm barreling towards us right now.) so it's a great place to raise a kid on nature.
Is it actually cheap compared to other places? Its still totally unaffordable considering a couple would both have to work full time to live comfortably in most of the apartments for rent. Especially if you have kids. Or youd have to live with multiple roommates.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 04:00:55 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #188882 on: January 22, 2019, 04:09:12 pm »

I think he was referring more to being out in the boondocks, rather than in an urban center.

And it's not like the old days where they were giving land away for free, but picking up a 1148sqft house + barn on 18 acres for $135,000? That's a hell of a lot more value than you'd get for that amount of cash in California.

Pretty sure it doesn't have Google fiber connection though

EDIT: Oh lawdy, just looked at the listing profile. His profile picture is a bow-hunting trophy photo with a mountain lion, baseball cap, and a horseshoe moustache? I can't get over how real this is.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188883 on: January 22, 2019, 06:18:33 pm »

Well hey you were posting about that a while back so great job! Keep it goin', your efforts are bearing fruit!
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #188884 on: January 22, 2019, 06:25:47 pm »

Is it actually cheap compared to other places? Its still totally unaffordable considering a couple would both have to work full time to live comfortably in most of the apartments for rent. Especially if you have kids. Or youd have to live with multiple roommates.
In Boise or up north, maybe. Chubbuk or Idaho Falls are usually pretty affordable. Maybe Pocatello.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188885 on: January 22, 2019, 06:43:51 pm »

I just realised that most of my caffeine withdrawal symptoms have abated.
You should celebrate with a cup of coffee!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188886 on: January 22, 2019, 06:55:38 pm »

I just realised that most of my caffeine withdrawal symptoms have abated.
You should celebrate with a cup of coffee!

It took my buddy approximately 1.5 weeks for his symptoms to disappear, and permanently. His was a cola thing, and he drinks non-caffeinated only now.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188887 on: January 22, 2019, 07:06:00 pm »

I re-upped my Netflix subscription. I subsequently started enjoying extremely campy j-dramas. These feel very creative and wholesome. The one I'm watching right now is about a son trying to bond with his father in Final Fantasy XIV; and another about people's friendships and romances that are formed at a backalley diner. An overarching pattern is that the J-dramas have very simplistic premises and (I'm guessing) shoestring budgets, but it seems to make them work hard and the shows turn out charming as a result.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 07:21:55 pm by JoshuaFH »

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188888 on: January 22, 2019, 08:09:20 pm »

Well as right now even 20 bucks is a small fortune for us, a 135k place is... well... no no no. But I do long a quiet, kinda country or small town live, with a decent job and the tranquility of it, as far as I can from huge metropolis. My paternal family used to have land and cattle and visiting on vacations I learned the ropes and basics of much of it.

However my wife loves the cities and shun living on a small town or the countryside, so a compromise would be a small city. But honestly anywhere with a bunk, food, work for us and education for peter would be fine.

Still there's much to do and bureaucracy to defeat, but this is very huge.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #188889 on: January 22, 2019, 09:04:34 pm »

Well as right now even 20 bucks is a small fortune for us, a 135k place is... well... no no no. But I do long a quiet, kinda country or small town live, with a decent job and the tranquility of it, as far as I can from huge metropolis. My paternal family used to have land and cattle and visiting on vacations I learned the ropes and basics of much of it.

However my wife loves the cities and shun living on a small town or the countryside, so a compromise would be a small city. But honestly anywhere with a bunk, food, work for us and education for peter would be fine.

Still there's much to do and bureaucracy to defeat, but this is very huge.

Just marry my wife's sister, and your wife can marry her crappy bf, then Peter can marry her daughter. Boom, three new Muricans
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188890 on: January 22, 2019, 09:08:30 pm »

In Moscow, at least, it's about $250 to $400 per bedroom per month depending on who you're renting from. With Washington wages literally five minutes away, it's pretty affordable for a single bechelor/ette to live on their own over here. Heck, I'm managing alright with all sorts of debts I'm paying off right now at $11/hr

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #188891 on: January 22, 2019, 11:20:36 pm »

Yeah, apartments in CDA are like 450 a month for a one room apartment, which is the best ive seen, and a coworker is offering the same for a studio apartment above his garage. I work full time for $9/hr and after college loans and the car i have like $400 left, so i could keep it up only so long on my savings. I totally need to find a job in washington.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188892 on: January 22, 2019, 11:56:36 pm »

...I mean Schweizer is always hiring, minimum 13.75 for so but that means moving. And the U of I offers pretty decent pay for even custodial work.

(Something something need a roommate after this summer something)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #188893 on: January 23, 2019, 12:28:33 am »

Working a temp job at a college bookstore. Cashiering for the rush. I've got a ton of hours crammed into this week but they're worth $13 each, so I'll get to not be broke for a bit afterwards.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188894 on: January 23, 2019, 03:35:33 am »

...I read that as in you are doing it for the rush.
Like, "cashiering is the only time I feel alive!" or something. 🤣
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 12591 12592 [12593] 12594 12595 ... 13311