Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12592 12593 [12594] 12595 12596 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14377373 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: [Why] Sssoomebody once told me- (Happy thread)
« Reply #188895 on: January 23, 2019, 03:41:24 am »

Indeed, nothing makes me feel more real than cashiering. It fucking hurts. Like jeez, talking to strangers constantly pretty much is a wound to the soul.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #188896 on: January 23, 2019, 06:20:17 am »

Suddenly, I can see some of the Loud Whispers' avatars. Sweet Armok, what devilry is this?
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188897 on: January 23, 2019, 01:57:29 pm »

Well as right now even 20 bucks is a small fortune for us, a 135k place is... well... no no no. But I do long a quiet, kinda country or small town live, with a decent job and the tranquility of it, as far as I can from huge metropolis. My paternal family used to have land and cattle and visiting on vacations I learned the ropes and basics of much of it.

However my wife loves the cities and shun living on a small town or the countryside, so a compromise would be a small city. But honestly anywhere with a bunk, food, work for us and education for peter would be fine.

Still there's much to do and bureaucracy to defeat, but this is very huge.

Richmond VA is my locale, and I can be in [downtown Richmond] but get to [Mechanicsville] in 15m, tops.

I'm from NJ, and therefore obviously used to a more urban style, but I always appreciated the ability to be in quiet countryside or bustling city anytime I feel like it.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #188898 on: January 23, 2019, 03:20:44 pm »

...I read that as in you are doing it for the rush.
Like, "cashiering is the only time I feel alive!" or something. 🤣

Nah. I'll probably have to spend most of my pay on new feet after this
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #188899 on: January 23, 2019, 04:17:52 pm »

Ahahahahaha

Kill the everything and burn the bodies.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188900 on: January 23, 2019, 07:53:24 pm »

Are we allowed to know more? I greatly enjoy D&D and the fun things people create thereof.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188901 on: January 23, 2019, 08:27:06 pm »

That's super cool, dood.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188902 on: January 23, 2019, 08:48:11 pm »

Yeah, keep it up greatorder, that's real cool.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188903 on: January 24, 2019, 09:29:27 am »

I'm in an unusually great mood right now. Good doesn't do it justice, I'm just feeling really, really happy. Not that kind of... surface happiness, for lack of a better way of putting it. The kind where you can be having a bad day but in that moment you're happy,.It's a proper, deep-seated one.
Jesus. Hang in there, buddy. It'll pass.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #188904 on: January 24, 2019, 10:11:11 am »

I'm in an unusually great mood right now. Good doesn't do it justice, I'm just feeling really, really happy. Not that kind of... surface happiness, for lack of a better way of putting it. The kind where you can be having a bad day but in that moment you're happy,.It's a proper, deep-seated one.
Jesus. Hang in there, buddy. It'll pass.
<insert demotivational Jesus poster>

Spoiler: Close enough: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 10:14:13 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #188905 on: January 24, 2019, 10:47:59 am »

Ah, yes. The passion of Christ, where he got nailed in front of a crowd.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #188906 on: January 24, 2019, 10:49:27 am »

Well as right now even 20 bucks is a small fortune for us, a 135k place is... well... no no no. But I do long a quiet, kinda country or small town live, with a decent job and the tranquility of it, as far as I can from huge metropolis. My paternal family used to have land and cattle and visiting on vacations I learned the ropes and basics of much of it.

However my wife loves the cities and shun living on a small town or the countryside, so a compromise would be a small city. But honestly anywhere with a bunk, food, work for us and education for peter would be fine.

Still there's much to do and bureaucracy to defeat, but this is very huge.
I wouldn't worry about a 135k house, those places are laying empty in this country because no one can/wants to buy them.  And the people who do buy them take out a loan.  There are places in the US you can rent relatively cheap, still what you would define as a huge amount of money but even "bad" jobs here pay a lot.  For 2 people and a kid I'd say like... $600 a month is pretty reasonable in a cheap part of the country.  Less if you hunt around/are willing to semi-legally shove a bunch of people into one apartment.  That probably sounds like a ton but remember the minimum wage here is 7.25$ and in most states its higher.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188907 on: January 24, 2019, 11:00:16 am »

Just don't be a waiter, cause then they can pay you less than minimum wage with the justification that you'll make it up in tips because bosses are scumbags

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #188908 on: January 24, 2019, 03:52:40 pm »

Working on a fun little short story and looking for some feedback, anyone know where that is on these here dang forums? I have no idea where to look considering my relationship with B12 over the past few years can be best described as "shared custody"

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #188909 on: January 24, 2019, 03:56:00 pm »

Creative projects subforum/board/ whatever it's called.

There's a couple of threads there dedicated to writing, but making your own thread would be perfectly acceptable.
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 ... 12592 12593 [12594] 12595 12596 ... 13310