Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12647 12648 [12649] 12650 12651 ... 12759

Author Topic: [Poi~] Poi is once again permitted (Happy thread)  (Read 7913920 times)

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
Re: [Why] Sssoomebody once told me- (Happy thread)
« Reply #189720 on: April 10, 2019, 03:44:46 pm »

I am so looking forward to forgetting everything I know when I leave my job in the summer.  14 years of knowledge will evaporate into thin air.   :D
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Th4DwArfY1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #189721 on: April 10, 2019, 03:46:16 pm »

I'd buy one as a gift for my dad.

Maybe you should think of doing an Etsy-style thing? I'd definitely buy one. Assuming a non-astronomical price of course XD
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  Th4DwArfY1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • Itís shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #189722 on: April 10, 2019, 04:29:18 pm »

Shipping it may be an issue, unless you just get the handle.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189723 on: April 10, 2019, 04:34:13 pm »

Shipping it may be an issue, unless you just get the handle.
People ship knives and swords: I doubt tools would be an issue.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Th4DwArfY1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #189724 on: April 10, 2019, 04:38:46 pm »

Sharp objects like knives*, kitchen utensils and gardening tools may only be posted if they are packaged appropriately so that they are no risk to employees, other postal items or recipients. *Excludes knives that are banned under UK laws - see Weapons.
Wrap heavy cardboard around sharp edges and points, strong enough to ensure that the contents do not pierce the outer packaging. Wrap each item with cushioning material. Place in a suitable outer container such as a padded envelope.
The sender's name and return address must be clearly visible on the outer packaging.

The Royal Mail at least doesn't mind.

Though, humorously they don't allow ice.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  Th4DwArfY1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189725 on: April 10, 2019, 04:41:08 pm »

Sharp objects like knives*, kitchen utensils and gardening tools may only be posted if they are packaged appropriately so that they are no risk to employees, other postal items or recipients. *Excludes knives that are banned under UK laws - see Weapons.
Wrap heavy cardboard around sharp edges and points, strong enough to ensure that the contents do not pierce the outer packaging. Wrap each item with cushioning material. Place in a suitable outer container such as a padded envelope.
The sender's name and return address must be clearly visible on the outer packaging.

The Royal Mail at least doesn't mind.

Though, humorously they don't allow ice.
They clearly don't like cold beverages. :3

Nah, I get why that would be. Ice could get messy.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189726 on: April 10, 2019, 05:20:35 pm »

I'm trying to think of a reason one would ship ice through a post office and failing, since the only time I know of ice shipping being useful is that time some guy mined a bunch of it, put in some insulation and sent it to places like the Caribbean where ice and cold don't really happen, so he could sell them cold drinks, something they hadn't had before.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189727 on: April 10, 2019, 07:23:06 pm »

I'm trying to think of a reason one would ship ice through a post office and failing, since the only time I know of ice shipping being useful is that time some guy mined a bunch of it, put in some insulation and sent it to places like the Caribbean where ice and cold don't really happen, so he could sell them cold drinks, something they hadn't had before.

Presumably for chilling labile chemicals, bacteria, or perishable food during shipment. That last one is probably what they were thinking of.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #189728 on: April 11, 2019, 12:13:40 am »

I usually use ice when I send my ransom victim's body parts to their close ones if they don't want to pay up.
Love, scriver~

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #189729 on: April 11, 2019, 01:40:27 am »

I think its more that if you mail enough packages eventually someone will be silly enough to try.  The US post office has a warning for, among other things, mailing explosives.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189730 on: April 11, 2019, 02:41:43 am »

I usually use ice when I send my ransom victim's body parts to their close ones if they don't want to pay up.
You're overthinking things.  Just wrap the bunch in absorbent paper to make sure it doesn't leak.  If your purpose is organlegging you dont want to rely on the rather slow regular mail services anyway, use a private transport company (I understand Seaborne Freight is popular in the UK) and ship it alongside bagged ice
I recently became a objectivist, I am reasonably certain that means all my opinions are now universal fact.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
  • Disdains the law
    • View Profile
« Reply #189731 on: April 11, 2019, 05:38:50 am »

I think its more that if you mail enough packages eventually someone will be silly enough to try.  The US post office has a warning for, among other things, mailing explosives.

I laughed my ass off when I heard somebody in germany got busted for selling those insane eastern european fireworks... AND SHIPPING THEM IN MAIL PACKAGES...  ;D I. can't. even.  ::)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189732 on: April 11, 2019, 12:01:06 pm »

Super Nerdgasm:

I got the btrfs_win driver to work reliably with imdisk ramdisk driver. (both are free and foss. The former is very much work in progress though.)

I now have a compressed windows ramdisk that is actually worth a shit. :D

(It was a pain in the butt to set up, but works reliably. I have temp folder and browser caches pointed there to save my ssd. I allocated a disk big enough to run games out of as well.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #189733 on: April 11, 2019, 02:42:49 pm »

Anytime now wierd will be running around soldering leds to his hdds and rambling about the best RAID setup.
In a time before time, I had a name.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189734 on: April 11, 2019, 02:46:09 pm »

silly human.

HDDs havent had LED connectors since the 90s. :P

No, why am I so happy about the above nerdgasm?

Well-- btrfs supports a much better compression algorithm called zstd.  It only gets twice the compression rates that ntfs compression gives, AND it does not fragment the files it produces that way into shitloads of 4kb fragments all over the goddamn drive like ntfs compression does.  So yeah.  (raspberry)
Pages: 1 ... 12647 12648 [12649] 12650 12651 ... 12759