Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12609 12610 [12611] 12612 12613 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14377150 times)

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
Re: [Why] Sssoomebody once told me- (Happy thread)
« Reply #189150 on: February 14, 2019, 05:59:12 am »

Soo... I met someone, (but we have to keep it a secret for complicated real life reasons) and i'm feeling pretty good these days. We've spent time together on 5 of the last 7 days and although it's weird and we have to steal a few hours at a go, that's all I need to get me through my days.  We talk all day, every day, at work, at home, wherever.

So yeah, pretty buzzed right now.  and to think I was clinging to my last threads of hope just a mere month ago!
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #189151 on: February 14, 2019, 09:38:33 am »

Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #189152 on: February 14, 2019, 12:38:49 pm »

Intravenous THC drip. Awwwwww ye.

I got bong water in my eye once and it burned for a brief instant then felt oddly good. Mind you I kept my bongs nearly surgically clean with regular salt and alcohol baths. I wouldn't recommend it if it's not clean. Bongs collect fungus and nastiness FAST.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189153 on: February 14, 2019, 04:32:01 pm »

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #189154 on: February 14, 2019, 05:00:28 pm »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #189155 on: February 14, 2019, 07:05:45 pm »

There's a been stray cat outside my work for the past 4 days now.

He's not feral because I was standing 3 feet from him smoking a cigarette before I even realized he was there, just chilling against the wall in the sunlight, trying to stay warm in low 20 degree weather. He's clean, has no battle scars on his ears or elsewhere, has no fleas or ear mites that I can see, and he's not exactly lean.

So I think he's someone's "don't really care about this cat" cat.

I fed him the first day and he wolfed down at least two servings in one sitting. And he's showed up at the same spot every day since.

But I really knew he wasn't feral because once I started petting him, he was all up in my lap and face, the way you expect a domestic house cat to be. I spent probably 5 or 10 minutes outside just cradling him in my coat, and he was perfectly happy to be there.

So I was really torn: he's probably someone's low maintenance cat, but if so what the hell is he doing sitting next to a major street with a lot of traffic looking miserable and cold and hungry everyday? If he's someone's cat, why isn't he chipped and fixed?

TBH I didn't really want another cat. Love cats but I've been enjoying the pet free lifestyle for a few years now.

But he was so sweet and was following me around and vocalizing a lot, and we're supposed to have three days of major snow starting tomorrow.

I basically wasn't going to be able to live with myself if I didn't do something.

So I picked him up, brought him in to my car and took him to the vet. And lo and behold, February is their discount spay/neuter, distemper and rabies vacc. month. The timing seems fortuitous.

Vet doc lady saw him and was like "that's a nice lookin' cat." And he is. Various shades of grey and white, blue eyes, smart face. I explained the situation and she just nodded and said "He's your's."

So I guess I'm a cat owner again. I'm going to call him Frosty. No idea if my roommates old ass cat will get along with him, or if he's going to handle living in a small apartment very well, but if nothing works I can always give him up for adoption. To be honest I'm still really on the fence about it, I don't really want to be responsible for a pet, especially one that I haven't raised myself. For all I know I could spend all this money and he'll just run off the first chance he gets, or turn in to a neurotic psychopath in a few weeks. He definitely was skittish about being brought indoors at work, he clearly didn't want to be inside.

But if nothing else, I've done my good deed for the month. It's not even like there's a shortage of feral cats in that neighborhood, I've been laying out food for some for a few years and so does everyone else. This cat clearly didn't know what to do with himself though and was attached to people, and is a huge lover to boot. That's what tore it for me. Ferals that don't want help and just want food I can find it easy to ignore eventually. One's that actually like people though are much harder to walk away from.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 07:15:07 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189156 on: February 15, 2019, 04:59:40 am »

I rarely buy any new clothes, but I ordered this Tshirt, it arrived and I'm wearing it out for the first time tonight:

https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/2462746-unlucky-morpheus-black-pentagram

Other than really liking this band, the logic here is that I'm very picky when it comes to who I'd theoretically be interested in dating, and if someone knew who Unlucky Morpheus was that would tick several boxes at once (heavy metal, video gaming, japanese pop culture).
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 05:06:24 am by Reelya »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #189157 on: February 15, 2019, 07:39:58 am »

I like the thought that Reelya has been a bot playing the long-game just for this moment.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #189158 on: February 15, 2019, 07:41:40 am »

I like the thought that Reelya has been a bot playing the long-game just for this moment.
I knew it!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #189159 on: February 15, 2019, 07:50:02 am »

Aw, but now I'm invested in the Reelya brand.

That's how they get you.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #189160 on: February 15, 2019, 11:29:30 am »

-neuter-
Hey, if nothing else, by taking him in for just a little bit and getting him fixed, you're helping prevent more generations of feral cats out there, even if you can't keep him.

And if he's as gorgeous and friendly as you say, you know he'll get adopted pretty quick if your situation isn't right for him. (I wouldn't mind seeing a picture of this handsome fellow if you happen to take a picture)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189161 on: February 15, 2019, 02:13:55 pm »

-neuter-
Hey, if nothing else, by taking him in for just a little bit and getting him fixed, you're helping prevent more generations of feral cats out there, even if you can't keep him.

And if he's as gorgeous and friendly as you say, you know he'll get adopted pretty quick if your situation isn't right for him. (I wouldn't mind seeing a picture of this handsome fellow if you happen to take a picture)

Thought u were talking about Reelya there for a minute.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #189162 on: February 16, 2019, 11:54:29 pm »

Here's the dude:

Things have gone pretty well!

He hid only for about an hour under my bed before emerging. Was still coming off the anesthehia from getting fixed so he was kinda wobbly but interested.

Remains just as sweet as when he was in dire straits. I might almost call him needy with how close he wants to get. He's real careful with his claws I've noticed, and keeps his mews pretty soft.

My cat senses tingled because I was in the kitchen and saw him go back to my room in a hurry. Sure enough I caught him squatting on my grandmother's antique throw rug, ready to take a piss. I picked him up and put him by the litterbox and swished my fingers and, bingo bango, apparently he's house broken.

Roommates cat is not a fan, but then again he's a complete asshole. I've known him on and off for like 15 years, and it took me 3+ years of living around him before he'd let me pet him for longer than a minute without eventually biting me. So I'm not surprised he's not warming up to Frosty. Then again, Frosty isn't respecting his personal space too well and going in to his room and trying to eat his food. Normal cat stuff.

What I didn't account for was the smell though. Hooboy, my apartment is not that big and after an hour or two here, his smell filled the whole place up. Musky and vaguely not quite like pee.

So I was dreading having to give him a bath, because as any cat owner has experienced, cats fucking hate it and will draw blood to avoid it. However he was very good. (And I was super smart and filled a bucket with water from the shower instead of running it with him inside.) He meowed a lot, tried to escape teh shower through the door while I was washing him. Did tag me with his claw once when I was repositioning him. But other than that he was pretty easy about it. Now he's all silky smooth and definitely smells a lot better. Gonna take a few weeks of him cleaning himself to really do the job, I imagine.

He's still a cat of the streets though, and has been at least for a little while. I strolled into my room after coming in from outside, while wearing my long bathrobe and hooded sweatshirt, which makes me look kind of large. I also moved a little closer to normal speed, having kind of forgotten he was there. Up until now I've been moving very slowly and deliberately to not startle him. He saw me come through the door and immediately hissed and ran under my bed. I called to him and he ran right back out, right from one extreme to the other other. So there's plenty of that instinctual street wariness and attitude in him, which makes me think he's spent a little amount of time on the street, despite missing most of the signs of being out on the street. I've brushed out a few small knots of fur, but I think most of that is flea blood, not from any wounds. I'm mighty curious about his background.

Anyways, all in all, it's promising. But this is all still new to him. I've always had indoor/outdoor cats and while I know that being outdoor cats drastically increases their risk of being dead...I dunno. I've always felt bad keeping pets cooped up inside, and even worse when the place is small. Cats who have lived outdoors need lots of stimulation; sitting around sleeping and eating all day and nothing else can tend to make them a little neuoritc in my experience. Being outside and getting to hunt and be the predators they are allows them to get all the crazy shit out of their system so when they come back inside all they want to do is snuggle and sleep. So I'm wondering how he's going to fare when he's explored every inch of the apartment and is well and truly bored out of his skull. His only real stimulation right now is intense cuddle and pet sessions with me, trying to find anything and everything to eat, and getting hissed at by my roommate's cat.

I'll get some toys and w/e but it's on my mind.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 04:14:45 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #189163 on: February 17, 2019, 01:13:41 am »

Very pretty kitty. He'll get over the wariness in a few days probably.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189164 on: February 17, 2019, 03:36:20 am »

Did I mention we also have a line of touhou-related kitchen designs?
Pages: 1 ... 12609 12610 [12611] 12612 12613 ... 13310