Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12610 12611 [12612] 12613 12614 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14374476 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: [Why] Sssoomebody once told me- (Happy thread)
« Reply #189165 on: February 17, 2019, 08:13:46 am »

-snip-
This reminds me of my roommates' cat that she wouldn't take care of so everyone else in the unit had to.  A friend (who actually takes care of her cats, and who my roommate did not know) offered to kidnap it.  Sadly I refused... makes me wonder what would have happened if I went through with it.  I think the cat as fine; from what I understand her SO and family members are too nice and take care of it for her.

Good on you for doing that, cats are tough but I think that one would be dead AF if you hadn't done anything.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189166 on: February 17, 2019, 08:52:00 am »

I had mentioned a while ago that I was thinking of purchasing some wine in order to try it out. So I decided to do that, I got a Peach flavored moscato wine, and thought I'd try some... Opening the bottle, and taking one whiff of the alcohol was enough to provoke the unmistakable and overwhelming feeling of animosity and disgust that I grew up feeling every day. I immediately poured it all down the drain, experiment complete and curiosity sated. Twas only a 4 dollar bottle, so nothing lost.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #189167 on: February 17, 2019, 08:55:12 am »

I had mentioned a while ago that I was thinking of purchasing some wine in order to try it out. So I decided to do that, I got a Peach flavored moscato wine, and thought I'd try some... Opening the bottle, and taking one whiff of the alcohol was enough to provoke the unmistakable and overwhelming feeling of animosity and disgust that I grew up feeling every day. I immediately poured it all down the drain, experiment complete and curiosity sated. Twas only a 4 dollar bottle, so nothing lost.
>decides to try wine
>buys the cheapest, shittiest wine he can find. Flavored on top of all
>decides he doesn't like wine
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189168 on: February 17, 2019, 09:00:06 am »

There's something like 100+ varieties of drink in my Grocer's corner, I'm sure as hell not going to linger about a second longer than I have to examining and tasting every single one. I'll just accept that one as the representative for all of them, to save myself time and money that will probably be unnecessarily spent anyway.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189169 on: February 17, 2019, 09:02:33 am »

Like eating a rotten apple and deciding you must not like fruit as a consequence
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #189170 on: February 17, 2019, 09:44:51 am »

As far as I’m aware, Joshua has some poor experiences with an alcoholic relative, so the association he has with the smell of alcohol probably means he wouldn’t enjoy it regardless of quality.

Also, the sensation of being drunk is quite unpleasant for the uninitiated; unless he chances upon the ambrosia, I don’t think he’s going to find something he’ll be pleased with.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #189171 on: February 17, 2019, 09:52:40 am »

Like eating a rotten apple and deciding you must not like fruit as a consequence

technically it's more like eating a rotten peach
Love, scriver~

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #189172 on: February 17, 2019, 11:34:59 am »

i dislike alcohol because it causes about half of all violent crime, is directly implicated in the vast majority of sexual assault cases, causes cancer way more effectively than the vast majority of things you hear "causes cancer" and despite all this still has people citing beer company-funded studies about how small amounts is "good for you" (when independent studies prove time and time again that this is false and, in fact, even small amounts is bad for you)

As far as I’m aware, Joshua has some poor experiences with an alcoholic relative, so the association he has with the smell of alcohol probably means he wouldn’t enjoy it regardless of quality.

great, the "you must have had a bad personal experience" meme

no, it's actually objectively the worst drug in today's society, stop pretending like people have to like it

EDIT: why the fuck is this whole conversation in the happy thread, what, i thought this was wtf when i was posting, even taking the context of the convo into consideration

EDIT 2: if you cannot tell this is the result of some frustration. i will go vent it in the appropriate topic, the coder thread.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 11:57:43 am by Putnam »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #189173 on: February 17, 2019, 12:13:36 pm »

Alcohol is expensive, damaging to health, speeds aging of the skin, often causes crime, and can be addictive.

It's also a social norm.

This does not mean one should push others to try a wider variety of what is essentially woozy-causing poison.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #189174 on: February 17, 2019, 12:56:58 pm »

Lmao I know right
Never was a wine person, the one wine that made me think I thought wine was worth a shot was a dessert wine with 3% alcohol content and made me realise I just liked cranberrys and strawberries

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189175 on: February 17, 2019, 01:56:19 pm »

Oh, will you all just stop wine-ing already.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #189176 on: February 17, 2019, 02:19:02 pm »

Like eating a rotten apple and deciding you don't like rotten food.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189177 on: February 17, 2019, 05:15:29 pm »

Wine is indeed a rather pungent-smelling drink. Especially red.
It most likely would not have been one of my recommendations for dipping one's toe in alcohol for the first time, haha. Why'd you pour it out, though? ??? Couldn't you have given it to someone with an appreciation of plonk, or, failing that, a homeless person?

Also, Putnam... stick a sock in it. Haha. Some of y'all get so triggered by the very mention of happy joy juice.

On-topic: I don't really have any happies this morning so far, but today I plan on dividing my time between my current, very enjoyable book and one or two mobile games.
Also, brushing my teeth. And massaging my gums. And flossing (ugh). And nuking my mouth with blasts of Savacol.
It'll be fun.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189178 on: February 17, 2019, 05:32:37 pm »

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.

As an aside, I don't mind if people drink. It obviously makes them feel happier, and gives them something to do that matches 'em up with other people. What I've never liked is the intense social pressure to start drinking.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 05:35:49 pm by Th4DwArfY1 »
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #189179 on: February 17, 2019, 05:40:42 pm »

Eh, if my Grandfathers can make it to 80+ drinking, I might survive a drink now and again. Not sure if I'd even want to get to 80, but eh I'll call it when I get there.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses
Pages: 1 ... 12610 12611 [12612] 12613 12614 ... 13310