Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12611 12612 [12613] 12614 12615 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14374004 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: [Why] Sssoomebody once told me- (Happy thread)
« Reply #189180 on: February 17, 2019, 05:50:41 pm »

What I've never liked is the intense social pressure to start drinking.
Well, we can agree on that.
Though I dislike the opposite as well.

Eh, if my Grandfathers can make it to 80+ drinking, I might survive a drink now and again. Not sure if I'd even want to get to 80, but eh I'll call it when I get there.
Sounds like a next-level drinking game.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #189181 on: February 17, 2019, 08:47:15 pm »

Beer is a vile and disgustingly pointless drink, but it makes goddamn amazing burgers.

My mommy said she'd love to have one of my saws, I'm making her three.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #189182 on: February 17, 2019, 08:53:08 pm »

How dare you, sir!

I don't feel comfortable encouraging drinking.  It's a hobby for me, and it carries a lot of deadly serious risks.
Beer *can* taste really good, though.  You don't need a taste for alcohol, just for bitterness.  Or sweet ciders, etc.  Conveniently, these tastes are available in non-alcoholic beers as well!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189183 on: February 17, 2019, 09:05:44 pm »

I'm a pothead, haven't been high in years actually but if I had weed I'd be enjoying it, and I look forward to trying edibles at some point.

I've had enough drunkeness for the rest of my life, you wake up enough times wondering where these bizarre scratches on your hand came from, well, it got old before I was even 21 yet. Known enough people who died from booze, saved a dude from a car crash I found where the driver was drunk (and dead in the car when I found it in a ditch, roof got sheared off by a tree into the back seat, passenger flopped over just before it happened and fell out after the car stopped moving, gave me a hug when I met him later) and my best friend Chris who was with me ended up dying a few years later in a car crash where that driver was drunk, so fuck booze, go smoke a joint folks.

You get drunk and sloppy and loose track of risks behind the wheel you end up fucking up your life and others.

You get high and paranoid and do what, drive along 10 mph below the speed limit before pulling into a convenience store parking lot and staring at the snack isle for an hour?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #189184 on: February 17, 2019, 09:11:20 pm »

i approve of the "fuck booze smoke a joint" thing, though also don't operate heavy machinery when high

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189185 on: February 17, 2019, 09:13:03 pm »

You get high and paranoid and do what, drive along 10 mph below the speed limit before pulling into a convenience store parking lot and staring at the snack isle for an hour?

Driving while stoned is associated with an increased rate of accidents.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #189186 on: February 17, 2019, 09:16:50 pm »

Yeah, drugs are bad, m'kay?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189187 on: February 17, 2019, 09:20:42 pm »

*compared to unimpaired driving, my comparison was to drunk driving, and that study singled out THC levels in the blood which is a reasonable sounding but piss-poor measure of actual pot use these days due to vaping and edibles with all sorts of tweaked ratios of cannabinoids vs thc content*

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #189188 on: February 17, 2019, 09:30:13 pm »

*compared to unimpaired driving, my comparison was to drunk driving, and that study singled out THC levels in the blood which is a reasonable sounding but piss-poor measure of actual pot use these days due to vaping and edibles with all sorts of tweaked ratios of cannabinoids vs thc content*
Driving under the influence of drugs is a fucking stupid thing to do.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189189 on: February 17, 2019, 10:28:20 pm »

Is it really so hard to just NOT impair your mental functions for false happiness

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #189190 on: February 17, 2019, 10:35:43 pm »

"false" is subjective friendo. It is a crutch for lots of people but for lots of other people it is actually conducive for a good night to get better.

But this is happy thread. So I will say I've applied for an IT job at the Uni I'm attending to make college a whole lot cheaper! And I'm applying tomorrow for a developer position that I've been recommended for!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #189191 on: February 17, 2019, 10:41:50 pm »

Is it really so hard to just NOT impair your mental functions for false happiness

Human history indicates yes.
As soon as we figured out that letting things rot just right could make juice that makes us feel funny, we've basically made that one of the main pillars of civilization. Sure, we found other things from plants and fungi and such later, but ethanol is easy enough that we just started drinking it and haven't stopped to this day.

I'd tell you to fuck with your own brain chemicals responsibly, but that's probably not possible.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189192 on: February 17, 2019, 10:49:03 pm »

I'd tell you to fuck with your own brain chemicals responsibly, but that's probably not possible.

That's arguably what taking properly prescribed antidepressants and anxiolytics and things does, though: fucks with your brain chemicals responsibly.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #189193 on: February 17, 2019, 10:58:04 pm »

Own is the operative word here. It's more responsible to have someone else tweaking your brain.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189194 on: February 17, 2019, 11:35:20 pm »

Driving under the influence of drugs is a fucking stupid thing to do.
For real, though. If motor vehicles were basically dodgem cars or something, it'd be funny. But they're not, they're big, fragile machines of high-speed death that are hard enough for an easily-distracted human fleshbag to keep under control at the best of times.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 12611 12612 [12613] 12614 12615 ... 13310