Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12612 12613 [12614] 12615 12616 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14375869 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: [Why] Sssoomebody once told me- (Happy thread)
« Reply #189195 on: February 18, 2019, 01:20:18 am »

Makes one wonder why horse drawn carriages went out of style - drive themselves, especially when youre drunk. Only half as likely to trample you to death, too!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #189196 on: February 18, 2019, 01:21:19 am »

The shit they leave everywhere is easier to step in, though.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #189197 on: February 18, 2019, 01:22:53 am »

That is true, yeah...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189198 on: February 18, 2019, 01:54:18 am »

I guess speed>safety, apparently. *shrug*   
Also some vegans consider the very idea of horse riding to be cruel, but I think that's dumb af. The shit argument probably holds some water, though.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #189199 on: February 18, 2019, 02:30:20 am »

I donno... do you have hard data to support horse carriages being actually safer?

Because you're basing yourself on  speed alone, and I think there are other factors in play
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #189200 on: February 18, 2019, 03:35:23 am »

The shit they leave everywhere is easier to step in, though.

That seems like a problem for people not riding horses.
Love, scriver~

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #189201 on: February 18, 2019, 05:35:17 am »

Horses? Pfeh. Horses are for mooks and girls. I want something dependable and robust that I can rely on!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It pains me to admit that I legitimately thought about riding around town on a Bactrian before seeing this image. I am much more hipster than I'm willing to admit, and it's starting to be a problem.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #189202 on: February 18, 2019, 06:17:13 am »

cmamel
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #189203 on: February 18, 2019, 06:40:48 am »

cmamel
It should really be the difference between a camel and a canel, but nobody wants a real solution.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #189204 on: February 18, 2019, 08:11:01 am »

Makes one wonder why horse drawn carriages went out of style - drive themselves, especially when youre drunk. Only half as likely to trample you to death, too!

Horses and carts are still very much in use here and let me tell you I'm 95% sure the drivers would ride me down without blinking if they were drunk. All you do is exchange a tonne of steel for two hundred kilos of flesh and fifty to a hundred kilos of cart, and you know how good horses are at slamming on the brakes when they've got a cart behind them. :P Especially since they're always blinkered and can't see a pedestrian on their side.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #189205 on: February 18, 2019, 08:48:12 am »

You get high and paranoid and do what, drive along 10 mph below the speed limit before pulling into a convenience store parking lot and staring at the snack isle for an hour?

Driving while stoned is associated with an increased rate of accidents.
*compared to unimpaired driving, my comparison was to drunk driving, and that study singled out THC levels in the blood which is a reasonable sounding but piss-poor measure of actual pot use these days due to vaping and edibles with all sorts of tweaked ratios of cannabinoids vs thc content*
Driving under the influence of drugs is a fucking stupid thing to do.
Never said it wasn't, just that doing it drunk is worse than high. Honestly I'm glad I don't drive much these days because smartphones weren't a thing when I was last regularly driving everywhere, and given how long it is taking for boomers to die off I actually look forward to self-driving becoming the default and full human control going the way of the manual. I enjoy cars, I enjoy driving, I enjoy internal combustion engines, but I'm happy to let them go to avoid dealing with more crazy old morons trying to drive themselves around like they did 60 years ago as kids. Very few people are actually qualified to handle something as dangerous and powerful as a modern car, and most of them are actually busy driving racecars around tracks with names like Spa, Le Mans, and Laguna Seca.

The rest of us will be better off with fully automated traffic control, and far fewer of us will end up dying thanks to crashes.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #189206 on: February 18, 2019, 08:53:37 am »

A’ight, was just making sure in the most aggressive way possible, apparently ‘cause that was one interpretation of the quoted statement.

Given the choice between driving drunk and driving high, I’ll walk, or stew in my space, respectively.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #189207 on: February 18, 2019, 09:15:54 am »

Yeah, really the general outcome of plans to drive while high is probably going to be fizzling out on the couch watching tv or surfing the web, like that one guy demonstrating what it is like to drive on salvia.

Excuse me... I have to go to space now.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #189208 on: February 18, 2019, 09:34:23 am »

Five Giant Cave Spiders in one cavern layer. Sure, the most was three at one time. But five total. That's... well, usually I only see one per fort.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #189209 on: February 18, 2019, 09:35:41 am »

Think of all the spider silk though.

I mean, uh, use it to knock down the rest of the fort? I’ve never played Angry Birds.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 12612 12613 [12614] 12615 12616 ... 13310