Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12617 12618 [12619] 12620 12621 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14384257 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: [Why] Sssoomebody once told me- (Happy thread)
« Reply #189270 on: February 22, 2019, 08:58:19 am »

I wish I could grow my hair out more. It has been basically static in length for a long time. :'(
No, to attract the attention of these tradie ladies perhaps I shall start incorporating more high-vis into my wardrobe. Yes. Quickly chuck on a bright orange windcheater before passing their usual location, and maybe lug an entirely superfluous toolbox with me wherever I go.

Night Bay12.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189271 on: February 22, 2019, 11:04:18 am »

I wasn't quite so lucky with my SSRI's, i ended up having tremors (that got immensely compounded by energy drinks, my entire body was shaking), nausea, nilly willy ability and panic attacks. Began weaning off immediately after the panic attacks, didn't want to deal with that shit.

Caffeine isn't great with anxiety (don't remember the effect on meds for certain), but I do remember that allergy medication causes panic attacks for the duration of the allergy meds (10+ hours) when you're an anxiety medication. I mean, they list drinking as something you should probably stop in the instructions, but not "avoid allergy medications unless you want to pass out from exhaustion from the severity and length of a panic attack, not even kidding."

Also, before my insurance cut me off from "unnecessary" medicines and doctor visits (severe diarrhea 28 days/month leading to massive weight loss? No big deal.), I got put on a smoking cessation drug I don't remember the name of that had side effects of treating anxiety and depression. Most things that treat one make the other worse, so that's pretty nice. It's less effective than SSRIs, but I felt some of the normal human emotions again after changing, so that was also good.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #189272 on: February 22, 2019, 11:19:06 am »

I had the vet sample the lump on my dogs thigh, turns out its just an inflamed follicle (as opposed to a cyst, no pus), not a tumor like i was worried it might be. Thank god! Its not bothering her any and the vet thinks its not a threat, so i might not even need to have it removed.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #189273 on: February 22, 2019, 11:51:51 am »

Made fresh guac at my desk, avocados were 6 for 1.50 so I did that.

I came out really good you guys
It's super easy to make guac!!! As long as you have a decent knife for carving the avocados open, a spoon for mashing, and some spices you can make some really tasty guac on your lunch break. If you have a cafeteria that has a salad bar with some pre-sliced veggies nick some of those bad boys as well and you're all squared away

Got me a bottle of lime juice, onions, tomatoes, oregano, salt, pepper.

I have a small kitchen in my drawer.
You'd be my favorite coworker if you always had fresh veggies at your desk

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189274 on: February 22, 2019, 01:52:23 pm »

Made fresh guac at my desk, avocados were 6 for 1.50 so I did that.

I came out really good you guys
It's super easy to make guac!!! As long as you have a decent knife for carving the avocados open, a spoon for mashing, and some spices you can make some really tasty guac on your lunch break. If you have a cafeteria that has a salad bar with some pre-sliced veggies nick some of those bad boys as well and you're all squared away

Got me a bottle of lime juice, onions, tomatoes, oregano, salt, pepper.

I have a small kitchen in my drawer.
You'd be my favorite coworker if you always had fresh veggies at your desk

Imma be honest I usually have fresh something. End of the pay period I sometimes run out, but I usually have fresh fruit, at least.

I used all my avocados though, making guac for people. Brought some home to me wife and some to me co-oworker.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189275 on: February 22, 2019, 01:58:10 pm »

And here I thought I had a STEAL on .50 avocados...  That's OK, I made a deal with my hispanic co-worker.  Handed her a bag of 12 of them, in exchange for authentic guac in a few days.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189276 on: February 23, 2019, 12:29:46 am »

Just sat out in the sun with a beer and finished the book I've been reading, The Mosquito Coast. Went through the last 44 pages. It was... pretty powerful stuff.
I don't know if it's just the mixed emotions involved in the latter parts of the book leaving me shellshocked or if maybe I sat out in the sun too long, but I'm not really sure how to feel about it though.
One thing is for certain though, it is an excellent book.
Booze is Life for Yoink

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #189277 on: February 23, 2019, 12:57:12 am »

And here I thought I had a STEAL on .50 avocados...  That's OK, I made a deal with my hispanic co-worker.  Handed her a bag of 12 of them, in exchange for authentic guac in a few days.
You sure she wasn't a plainclothes?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189278 on: February 23, 2019, 03:35:10 am »

I decided to update the Dwarfy quote in my sig, with a more recent one of a similar theme. :))
Booze is Life for Yoink

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189279 on: February 23, 2019, 03:49:46 am »

You sure she wasn't a plainclothes?

Yeah. Besides, guac is not a controlled substance.  Normally these things are like a whole dollar each at the local store, with the "on sale" price of 78 cents.  They dropped to 50 cents, and I pounced.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #189280 on: February 23, 2019, 04:56:47 am »

There is an avocado black market however, and people have been arrested for dealing in illegal avos.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #189281 on: February 23, 2019, 04:59:22 am »

Yeah. Besides, guac is not a controlled substance.
You say that, but don't be surprised when they show up on your doorstep with a warrant. Your "stolen" avocados are a probable cause, and the guac is a confession!
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189282 on: February 23, 2019, 05:10:54 am »

I have the receipt.  Those avos were purchased legally. Not my fault the seller had them at bargain basement prices.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #189283 on: February 23, 2019, 05:16:19 am »

A receipt! They've got you good, you avocado trafficker you.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #189284 on: February 23, 2019, 04:00:15 pm »

Yakuza Kiwami just released on Steam... and it's awesome. I'm loving this, it's more insane than 0 was.

pretty dang decent game, idk about it being better than 0 though. Something distinctly ps2-like comes across even after the complete overhaul of everything from yakuza 1. Maybe it's the level design/bosses? idk man. That boss fight where you fight the two guys using different styles can fuck right off though. It took me easily 2 dozen tries and a full inventory of stamina+
Pages: 1 ... 12617 12618 [12619] 12620 12621 ... 13310