Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12620 12621 [12622] 12623 12624 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14376796 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: [Why] Sssoomebody once told me- (Happy thread)
« Reply #189315 on: February 26, 2019, 10:57:51 am »

I kinda assumed some sort of autocorrect being entirely too helpful, heh.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189316 on: February 26, 2019, 01:08:38 pm »

What I read:

I got a 2nd hand just to play GTA-V.

I think I might change my mind about avoiding caffeine today.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #189317 on: February 26, 2019, 08:02:05 pm »

Unity retweeted my code example, even though you could see the OBS window for like two frames and it's really really poorly compressed. I feel exceptionally valid today.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189318 on: February 27, 2019, 09:33:45 pm »

Partly a WTF, but I have been unusually capable and productive today. First I had an uber-stressful appointment this morning which got me on the verge of a panic attack, but I managed to muddle through and even, amazingly, got up when prompted and spoke to a few people about some daft bullshit with reasonable eloquence and without freaking out and stumbling over my words. Much.
I may have also been put down for some horrible apprenticeship that I have absolutely no interest in whatsoever, but eh, I have faith in my ability to weasel my way out of that one at a later date.

Then, once I was home, I not only responded to a recent message from my father and then fielded a phonecall on the subject of his upcoming visit, I also called up the psychologist (psychologists'? Psychology practice?) I was yet to hear back from and managed to finangle my way into an appointment tomorrow morning that had just opened up due to a cancellation. As an added bonus, that might even cause a clash with another, far less beneficial and more unpleasant appointment that is also booked for tomorrow, giving me ample reason to cancel! Hooray!

Now I think I shall walk to the next suburb in search of vegan Magnum ice creams, which are currently half-price at a certain supermarket chain - I went there yesterday but they had already sold out.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189319 on: February 27, 2019, 11:15:30 pm »

Now I think I shall walk to the next suburb in search of vegan Magnum ice creams, which are currently half-price at a certain supermarket chain - I went there yesterday but they had already sold out.

Magnum ice cream, for your magnum sized appetite for ice cream.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #189320 on: February 28, 2019, 09:29:04 pm »

So car manufacturers make concept cars to explore  unlikely or unfeasible design features and/or explore different regions of the design phase space.

Damn but I'm satisfied by how the Kestrel turned out, take all the material I retained for additional support/stiffness, plus the material I left to support that material, now coping saw the fuck out of it, file and sand and scrape at it until you're left with a saw which I can use, gently with full awareness of the now-lacking reinforcement and thus all the potential breaking points it gained in my mad pursuit of an aesthetic purity that has been in the back of my mind for a while now.

When you consider that it could completely fit inside of a Peregrine pattern handle with a surprising amount of room left over it wound up being more useful in many ways than some of the totally user-ready saws I have beside it: the remaining strength in the Kestrel provides a surprisingly insightful stress test of the initial strength present in a Peregrine handle, making me even more confident about putting them in the hands of folks who don't obsess over the mechanical properties and stress balancing involved in sawmaking but are interested in having a well made saw that won't hold them back from successfully making whatever they're interested in making. Think I'm taking the plunge once the tax money goes through and discovering new ways to hurt myself by playing with steel and wood and rasps making some saws which I would like to keep* but enjoy knowing others are using them more... plus seeing if I can keep rolling funds back into upgraded tools/more mats/etc.

*Don't know exactly how successful I'll end up being but as long as I make sure I want to keep anything I plan to sell, I'll at least be satisfied doing it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #189321 on: February 28, 2019, 09:39:42 pm »

Don't you listen to him Sam, he's a sharksaw whoreboot not a man, and he spreads the burning sands with wat -- wait a second no

p.s. if you want it to be a bird give the wings feathers
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #189322 on: March 01, 2019, 04:53:41 am »

Fencing and taekwondo both decided yesterday should be heavy fitness day. It low-key makes you feel like you'll die, but it feels excellent afterwards.

Also, the taekwondo instructor decided to go off-script and replaced some of the stance drills with special techniques, AKA trickshots you never use in a real match but look flashy, so we got to spend the last half hour practicing scissor kicks and back kicks. Fun.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189323 on: March 01, 2019, 09:10:55 am »

I am happy because this year´s spring is starting extremely well!

Yesterday the temperature hit 20.2°C in Slovakia and it was sunny for a week in a row.
I am the kind of person whose mood is heavily dependent on weather or season cycles so this was an amazing morale boost to my psyche.

I hope the rest of the year will be as good as it starts.
Spent a lot of hours outside for the last two days, cycling on my bike and (whoa I even sped past some other cyclists!!)
The sun finally set and I looked into the mirror and my face was red, whoa, I received a mild sunburn and the March didnt even start yet.

Feels surreal, but its nice, as I am typing the next day, my sunburn has faded into a light brown.
The concerns about global warming I saw on the internet are well deserved.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #189324 on: March 01, 2019, 12:17:56 pm »

It's like someone strapped a shark fin to a whore's boot.

I laughed loudly enough at this that I got weird looks.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #189325 on: March 02, 2019, 02:15:31 am »

Heh, that's what it's all about, uncontrollable public bursts of laughter like I had when I was walking through Kroger's near here to grab a couple things and noticed one of the little impulse-buy type of hanging displays in the soda aisle.

Multiple sheets of cardboard with a blister packed container of some sort of knock-off silly putty toy, and the eye-catcher was big bold neon capital letters proclaiming:
MAKES
AWFUL
NOISES!!!

I am wearing house slippers because it's fun to slide around corners in them so I actually do like a panic-brake slide to a stop and double check what I thought it said before bending over at the waist and heaving up laughter.

Every time I grabbed something from my list I went through the little mental check-off process which refreshed my mental image of those bubble font words excitedly informing me of this strange product by highlighting something you would normally treat as a major flaw and declaring it to be the best fucking feature ever.

I'm crying and wheezing by the time I get back to the checkout and the poor woman there is very confused and concerned and not even Thor could help me muster up the strength to hold back the laughter so I held up a finger and ran over to the aisle (nobody else in line so she nods and says ok, starting to chuckle herself) and then I get back and show her the package and she goes through a similar "what the... oh shit..." moment before breaking down into wheezing gasping laughter too, she had to point at the display on her register because she couldn't tell me my total!
Spoiler: Whoresharkboots! (click to show/hide)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189326 on: March 02, 2019, 06:59:57 am »

I am pleased that my self-learned mindfulness meditation based method of releasing happy-time endorphins still works.

Tonight has been shitty in both the figurative and literal senses. There is a nasty and virulent GI bug that is making the circuit around the facility, and we performed 6 full bed changes this evening.

Despite this turn of events, along with one bloody nose and appropriate biohazard precautions needing to be enacted, I am shitting motherfucking rainbows right now.

I love endorphins.  It's been awhile since I had to do this, almost forgot that I knew how.  So glad I remembered.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189327 on: March 02, 2019, 10:37:38 am »

How does one do this secret technique of happiness

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #189328 on: March 02, 2019, 10:47:03 am »

One puges the world of infidels.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189329 on: March 02, 2019, 10:56:39 am »

No.. More a combination of mindfulness type meditation type body control thing, with some self-experimentation.

I learned how to do it when doing telephone technical support.  Sadly, it does not seem to be super effective at actual cold-hard-depression.  At least not for me anyway.

And it has odd social side effects; Like being inappropriately chipper for a given situation.
Pages: 1 ... 12620 12621 [12622] 12623 12624 ... 13310