Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12642 12643 [12644] 12645 12646 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14376343 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: [Why] Sssoomebody once told me- (Happy thread)
« Reply #189645 on: April 10, 2019, 02:21:46 pm »

I'm decided to consider this a happy.

Took my car to the dealership for some stuff. They said they found like 3000$ worth of repairs that needed doing while it was there. I was like ha ha no thank you, took it to my regular mechanics, he gave me a price tag of around $800.

Which, mind you, is about 700$ more than I can afford, but hey. Saved $2200. And it is actual needed stuff to pass inspection.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #189646 on: April 10, 2019, 03:20:20 pm »

Max, at risk of being nosey, isn't the "waist" in the handle a little too thin?
In the grip? You'd think that but no, a thicker handle forces you to grip it back forcefully, while a thinner handle can be caged in a relaxed fist. Wrap your fingers around your thumb, then wrap them around two and then three fingers.

Compare the upper three against the lower saw here and think about where your index finger points when you make a comfortably loose grip. Much like Gramcery I find the feel best when my finger points to where the cutting teeth are just about to exit the wood, others prefer a lower hang and/or a thicker tote, I never particularly felt comfortable with one. Always find spots where my hand feels awkward or like I'm gonna get a blister.

If you mean strength wise, I've had a handle break at that spot and I had the grain lined up wrong which caused it, now I deliberately avoid that sort of failure.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189647 on: April 10, 2019, 03:25:37 pm »

That is an impressive level of artisanry. No lie.

I mean, DO you sell these? I'd buy one if I had like, a workshop to put it in. Apartment lyfe.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189648 on: April 10, 2019, 03:44:46 pm »

I am so looking forward to forgetting everything I know when I leave my job in the summer.  14 years of knowledge will evaporate into thin air.   :D
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #189649 on: April 10, 2019, 03:46:16 pm »

I'd buy one as a gift for my dad.

Maybe you should think of doing an Etsy-style thing? I'd definitely buy one. Assuming a non-astronomical price of course XD
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #189650 on: April 10, 2019, 04:29:18 pm »

Shipping it may be an issue, unless you just get the handle.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189651 on: April 10, 2019, 04:34:13 pm »

Shipping it may be an issue, unless you just get the handle.
People ship knives and swords: I doubt tools would be an issue.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #189652 on: April 10, 2019, 04:38:46 pm »

Sharp objects like knives*, kitchen utensils and gardening tools may only be posted if they are packaged appropriately so that they are no risk to employees, other postal items or recipients. *Excludes knives that are banned under UK laws - see Weapons.
Wrap heavy cardboard around sharp edges and points, strong enough to ensure that the contents do not pierce the outer packaging. Wrap each item with cushioning material. Place in a suitable outer container such as a padded envelope.
The sender's name and return address must be clearly visible on the outer packaging.

The Royal Mail at least doesn't mind.

Though, humorously they don't allow ice.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189653 on: April 10, 2019, 04:41:08 pm »

Sharp objects like knives*, kitchen utensils and gardening tools may only be posted if they are packaged appropriately so that they are no risk to employees, other postal items or recipients. *Excludes knives that are banned under UK laws - see Weapons.
Wrap heavy cardboard around sharp edges and points, strong enough to ensure that the contents do not pierce the outer packaging. Wrap each item with cushioning material. Place in a suitable outer container such as a padded envelope.
The sender's name and return address must be clearly visible on the outer packaging.

The Royal Mail at least doesn't mind.

Though, humorously they don't allow ice.
They clearly don't like cold beverages. :3

Nah, I get why that would be. Ice could get messy.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189654 on: April 10, 2019, 05:20:35 pm »

I'm trying to think of a reason one would ship ice through a post office and failing, since the only time I know of ice shipping being useful is that time some guy mined a bunch of it, put in some insulation and sent it to places like the Caribbean where ice and cold don't really happen, so he could sell them cold drinks, something they hadn't had before.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189655 on: April 10, 2019, 07:23:06 pm »

I'm trying to think of a reason one would ship ice through a post office and failing, since the only time I know of ice shipping being useful is that time some guy mined a bunch of it, put in some insulation and sent it to places like the Caribbean where ice and cold don't really happen, so he could sell them cold drinks, something they hadn't had before.

Presumably for chilling labile chemicals, bacteria, or perishable food during shipment. That last one is probably what they were thinking of.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #189656 on: April 11, 2019, 12:13:40 am »

I usually use ice when I send my ransom victim's body parts to their close ones if they don't want to pay up.
Love, scriver~

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #189657 on: April 11, 2019, 01:40:27 am »

I think its more that if you mail enough packages eventually someone will be silly enough to try.  The US post office has a warning for, among other things, mailing explosives.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #189658 on: April 11, 2019, 02:41:43 am »

I usually use ice when I send my ransom victim's body parts to their close ones if they don't want to pay up.
You're overthinking things.  Just wrap the bunch in absorbent paper to make sure it doesn't leak.  If your purpose is organlegging you dont want to rely on the rather slow regular mail services anyway, use a private transport company (I understand Seaborne Freight is popular in the UK) and ship it alongside bagged ice
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189659 on: April 11, 2019, 05:38:50 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 03:29:09 pm by dragdeler »
let
Pages: 1 ... 12642 12643 [12644] 12645 12646 ... 13310