Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12657 12658 [12659] 12660 12661 ... 13311

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14516564 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: [Burg] 12 burgs a day recommended daily allowance (Happy thread)
« Reply #189870 on: April 28, 2019, 02:53:03 pm »

I installed a new radiator in my Mazda today.  Did it all by myself.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #189871 on: April 28, 2019, 11:38:51 pm »

(wooden earrings)
I don't know, those don't look entirely hygienic. The porous wood absorbs so much moisture and germs, they might not be as safe as ones made of biocidal metal.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #189872 on: April 29, 2019, 03:19:35 am »

Currently subtitling a video for fun. It's really, really gratifying to see the subtitles, the first two minutes' worth, actually work in VLC.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #189874 on: April 29, 2019, 02:04:41 pm »

Arma 3s Global mobilization thingie came out today, which is nice since the stuff I've been reading lately kinda has me into a sorta cold war mood so that should be fun to mess around with later. Though Ill probally want to derust myself a little since it's been a little bit since I played arma.

I gotta at least take a look around the new map though, 419 square kilometers of Germany to explore and shoot stuff in? With an actual section of the inner german border recreated from period documents and things? Definitely wanna see that.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #189875 on: April 30, 2019, 01:51:31 am »

(wooden earrings)
I don't know, those don't look entirely hygienic. The porous wood absorbs so much moisture and germs, they might not be as safe as ones made of biocidal metal.
Walnut is a super duper stable wood, it's one of the only ones I have access too which I would ever consider for a piercing, and it's been slathered in a beeswax+mineral oil coating we variously call honey butter, wood butter, wood balm, and so forth, additionally the pores on the pieces used for the pins are at the ends of the wood, not along the section touching the inside of the piercing.

I am kinda sorta extremely familiar with several wood species in particular, and generally have an extremely rich understanding of wood overall.

You would be right to be concerned if this was like, untreated pine, or birch, or even one of the pretty fruit woods (pear, apple, peach, etc) as they are not nearly as stable and friendly to work with as walnut... but then, nothing really is.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189876 on: April 30, 2019, 01:54:16 am »

Ping Pong Robot Overlords, incoming:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3L8vGMDYD8

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189877 on: April 30, 2019, 02:03:19 am »

(wooden earrings)
Walnut is a super duper stable wood, it's one of the only ones I have access too which I would ever consider for a piercing, and it's been slathered in a beeswax+mineral oil coating we variously call honey butter, wood butter, wood balm, and so forth, additionally the pores on the pieces used for the pins are at the ends of the wood, not along the section touching the inside of the piercing.

I am kinda sorta extremely familiar with several wood species in particular, and generally have an extremely rich understanding of wood overall.

You would be right to be concerned if this was like, untreated pine, or birch, or even one of the pretty fruit woods (pear, apple, peach, etc) as they are not nearly as stable and friendly to work with as walnut... but then, nothing really is.

It's ... challenging to work.. but you could also try Osage Orange.  Even with a clear urethane finish, it glows bright neon yellow and dark tan.  Lovely wood.  It's commonly known as hedge apple. It may or may not be wild in your area. (it is in my area.)

Depending on how much it would cost to ship, I could try scavenging roadsides for windfalls of suitable quality. You clearly already have a full wood shop for dressing it.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 02:30:59 am by wierd »

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189878 on: April 30, 2019, 04:45:01 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 08:45:48 am by dragdeler »
let

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189879 on: April 30, 2019, 04:48:13 am »

root burls are naturally occurring, usually.  Some species are more prone to producing interesting burl wood than others.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #189880 on: April 30, 2019, 09:04:02 am »

I've been ultrabusy with work and finals (yaaay finals x.z) but everytime I see the happy thread, and the name change (both independent of each other), it's a yay because I like Gunner-Chan and many other folks.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189883 on: April 30, 2019, 12:38:51 pm »

This fills me with so much joy.

I'm speechless.

It looks so bad though, I can't wait to see it.

But Jim Carrey tho is going to be great I bet.

EDIT: It looks SO BAD THOUGH
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 12:43:27 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #189884 on: April 30, 2019, 12:41:24 pm »

This fills me with so much joy.
Ah yes, Gangster’s Paradise, the first song that comes to mind when I think of Sanic
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*
Pages: 1 ... 12657 12658 [12659] 12660 12661 ... 13311