Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12659 12660 [12661] 12662 12663 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14384705 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: [Burg] 12 burgs a day recommended daily allowance (Happy thread)
« Reply #189900 on: April 30, 2019, 04:08:46 pm »

Its like they looked at that one live-action Grinch movie
More like the live-action Cat in The Hat movie

Oh god I see your point.

But that wasn't Jim Carrey, though. I have hope for occasional lack of cringe.

Spoiler: Also (click to show/hide)
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #189901 on: April 30, 2019, 04:26:31 pm »

Ok come on the Grinch had moments of comedy gold. Lots of them.

I'm hoping this also has Jim Carrey hamming it up in a similar fashion, thereby making brief moments of it tolerable.
I like that Grinch movie.  But he's supposed to look gross.  Sonic is not.

I think they might have bought the Sonic CGI from another movie?  Or the basic effect of his fur at least.  The blur when he runs has also showed up in, off the top of my head the Flash TV show, and I remember it looking similar in that...  Likewise the military characters and sets have to be super common in Hollywood and easy to reuse.  And since its a CGI main character you don't need to book a super big star that will ask for a lot of money.  I think their plan for this movie might be to not spend any money at all, then anything they earn is pure profit...
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189902 on: April 30, 2019, 05:30:58 pm »

I can't wait to watch it. I doubt I will be sober at the time.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #189903 on: April 30, 2019, 06:05:40 pm »

That looks distinctly like a skinny robotnik. To hell with that nonsense.

Actually, just to hell with all of it. Mobius or riot. actually you could probably bribe me with a rabbot but I see no cyborg bunnygirls in that trailer so to hell with all of it
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189904 on: April 30, 2019, 06:09:00 pm »

That looks distinctly like a skinny robotnik. To hell with that nonsense.

Actually, just to hell with all of it. Mobius or riot. actually you could probably bribe me with a rabbot but I see no cyborg bunnygirls in that trailer so to hell with all of it

Sounds like Sonic is an alien. He's gonna save "your" planet.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #189905 on: April 30, 2019, 09:54:47 pm »

I forget exactly what tree it was, but some fellow we knew in the marina had managed to get his hands onto a hefty chunk of some ultra-dense tropical lumber. He thought it looked pretty snazzy, so he made a dockstep out of it.

Well, one day the dock finger twisted a little bit from a wave, and the dockstep fell into the water. It sank.

Wood's a funny thing.

Mangrove, maybe? I think that's supposed to be stupid dense for wood.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189906 on: April 30, 2019, 11:10:14 pm »

This fills me with so much joy.
DID YOU TAKE MAH EMEWOLDS EGGMAN?!?!?

*looks at sanic*
BWOAGSHIT NEVERMIND, JUST WANNA GO HOME NOW!

(wooden earrings)
I don't know, those don't look entirely hygienic. The porous wood absorbs so much moisture and germs, they might not be as safe as ones made of biocidal metal.
Walnut is a super duper stable wood, it's one of the only ones I have access too which I would ever consider for a piercing, and it's been slathered in a beeswax+mineral oil coating we variously call honey butter, wood butter, wood balm, and so forth, additionally the pores on the pieces used for the pins are at the ends of the wood, not along the section touching the inside of the piercing.

I am kinda sorta extremely familiar with several wood species in particular, and generally have an extremely rich understanding of wood overall.

You would be right to be concerned if this was like, untreated pine, or birch, or even one of the pretty fruit woods (pear, apple, peach, etc) as they are not nearly as stable and friendly to work with as walnut... but then, nothing really is.

It's ... challenging to work.. but you could also try Osage Orange.  Even with a clear urethane finish, it glows bright neon yellow and dark tan.  Lovely wood.  It's commonly known as hedge apple. It may or may not be wild in your area. (it is in my area.)

Depending on how much it would cost to ship, I could try scavenging roadsides for windfalls of suitable quality. You clearly already have a full wood shop for dressing it.
I would love to play with your wood, but I need to build a kiln before that sort of thing, I have no handy location to get wood dried down to the proper moisture level in a decent amount of time yet.

Right now this is the kinda shit that gets me all horny to play with: https://www.thelumbershack.com/3-Black-Walnut-Kiln-Dried-Lumber-Boards-Taxidermy-Base-Wood-Slabs-15665-15667-47774.html

Playing with some really interestingly aged bits of pine for some handles lately, they're coming in with this really rich orangey tan color instead of the usual sandy beige and that makes the growth rings show up with a nice caramel gold sort of activity in the light.

Smells fantastic when you start rasping and filing and sanding it, got a nice sorta crisp almost tangy kinda pine sap scent instead of bullshit air freshener nonsense, though I wish they made these fucking shinto saw rasps in a half-round form: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WG9c3o56x2A

Though now I'm kinda pondering how well I could assemble the various coping/scroll saw blades I have sitting around since I upgraded to these pegas skip tooth beauties.

When you build one, let me know. There's no shortage of wild osage orange around here, and other than being nearly impossible to work when green, splitting or splintering aren't usually applicable concerns with it.  (That stuff can jam up CHAINSAWS when it is green!)  However, heartwood splitting is always a concern with windfalls, so I will have to look closely when sourcing. Just let me know when you get a spot ready, I will go hunting hedge rows.  Summer is also when the electric power coop does line work, and they often rip out hedge trees to do that. I might be able to score root burl. We'll see.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #189907 on: May 01, 2019, 05:47:03 am »

I took one good, long stare at a single frame of the Sonic movie. Looking at a single frame of the Sonic movie trailer felt like staring up the seventeen unholy nostrils of Cthulu. No other words can describe the mix of horror, dread, fear, and an odd kind of gleeful satisfaction at the knowledge that there is nothing anyone can do to save this fucking trainwreck now.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #189908 on: May 01, 2019, 06:18:13 am »

Everyone's talking smack about the Sonic trailer and I just found it funny and goofy, i.e. exactly what they were aiming for. Kinda reminds me of Who Framed Roger Rabbit, somehow, although it's been years since I saw that.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189909 on: May 01, 2019, 06:41:39 am »

Everyone's talking smack about the Sonic trailer and I just found it funny and goofy, i.e. exactly what they were aiming for. Kinda reminds me of Who Framed Roger Rabbit, somehow, although it's been years since I saw that.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit had Jessica Rabbit though! ...

and GOD HELP US if Rouge the Bat gets the same treatment that Sonic did.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189910 on: May 01, 2019, 06:52:18 am »

Seemed relevant:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And finally, was it so hard? :
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #189911 on: May 01, 2019, 06:57:24 am »

I was young and foolish when I read this. I thought I would just Google "Realistic Rouge the Bat" and find some creepy uncanny valley representation to contribute to this mental image.

I am much older now.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #189912 on: May 01, 2019, 06:57:50 am »

And finally, was it so hard? :
Huh. That's definitely a significant improvement, though it probably wouldn't do anything about the teeth et al issue.

I am much older now.
I... didn't see much spontaneous age inducing material? Google searches can be different, though.

... also apparently there was at least one Sonic/Megaman crossover comic. If I still remember that when I get back from work I'm totally going to figure out how to read it.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 07:01:19 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189913 on: May 01, 2019, 08:15:15 am »

Who Framed Roger Rabbit had Jessica Rabbit though! ...

Sally Acorn?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #189914 on: May 01, 2019, 08:31:21 am »

I dunno. What if they gave her pants in order to deal with the salaciousness of vest+nothing?

... wait a tick, they've apparently already done that with newer stuff. Burn the world, I say. Burn it all.
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 12659 12660 [12661] 12662 12663 ... 13310