Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12678 12679 [12680] 12681 12682 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14383060 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: [fuk] Endlessly shooting bombs for lootboxes (Happy thread)
« Reply #190186 on: May 26, 2019, 04:18:23 am »

So, went out with a friend to the vegetarian/vegan food festival in Oslo yesterday. Looots of people, many of the somewhat bizarre variety, but there were some fun food and drink samples. Plus we got a free goodie bag for being part of the first 250 people to show up!

However, once inside the festival grounds, we found out that most of the fun food stands were pay-for-a-meal type, and not everyone took card readers with them... I hadn't even considered stocking up on cash, since everything had been advertised as "free samples"... And the food stands, being festival food stands, were overpriced as fuck. We're talking about $15 for a baked potato (no bacon bits or such, since it's a vegan festival!).

And then the fun stands I wanted to check out managed to run out of food after a couple hours and couldn't take any more orders.

I didn't meet any of the vegans, let alone meat any, but we had a good time just the same and managed to get a good deal on some actually tasty meat substitutes. Don't think I'll be heading back today, even though they're doing another run of it.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #190187 on: May 26, 2019, 04:26:27 am »

Re: Dark Humor~ 'Oh, hmmm, I just noticed my {mother-in-law/drunk asshole uncle/creepy cousin} is in the picture so I put a dot on their face to remind you who they are but it seemed too vague so I circled their face but it overlapped other people too much so I put a smaller one inside it around their face and basically, yeah, the one with the bullseye? Not my concern.'

Fun pair of design studies.

As for people who willingly deny themselves the pleasure of things like beerburgers, toasty BLT's, thin crust pepperoni and cherry tomato pizzas, or home cooked chicken n' dumplings?

Well, I don't think there is such a thing as a non-bizarre variety of those people.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 04:28:46 am by Max™ »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #190188 on: May 26, 2019, 04:32:49 am »

My friend said that there are effectively three kinds of vegan... Those who grew up with the diet (like I did) or otherwise just sort of gravitated towards it, those who are into it because it's trendy, and those who are hardcore animal rights activists.

She added; "It's only possible to reasonably interact with one of those three".

Luckily, the other two tend to be pretty good about advertising which group it is they're in.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #190189 on: May 26, 2019, 04:53:49 am »

Yup, and look, I love animals, they're my favorite little people. From the big derpy border collie/pit mix downstairs to the creepy little knitting circle of spitting spiders that roam the corners of  the room each night helping take care of recluses and gnats and stuff for me.

Once we're able to just culture up a chunk of perfectly marbled wagyu or alluringly red marlin? I can't see a good reason to keep wasting resources and time to traumatize a big hunk of mostly non-tasty stuff which has it's own little set of experiences and drives before hacking it apart to pick out the tastiest bits before going right back to work with the next little bit of information and tissues we tricked into assembling a new animal around some choice cuts all over again.

We aren't there yet, but once we are, I say hey, you still wanna complain about a process which eliminates every possible aspect of experience, pain, and trauma from producing a juicy hunk of meat? Well, it's clear what sort of thing you are, even if the "noble cause" type of vegans weren't compelled to announce that shit to feel special, but getting all uppity and ragey over cultured meat? Nah, sorry sweetheart, you're a very deluded species of food animal trying to announce how toxic you are to the rest of us, we get it, at least cows do cute things like listen to music or spin rope toys, what good is an unashamed and vocal vegan again?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #190190 on: May 26, 2019, 05:10:03 am »

And until we're there, we can of course still advocate for better living conditions for animals. I mean, shit... If for no other reason, animals raised in better conditions produce better meat/eggs/dairy.

But there are folks who kinda take it to extremes. Like the one carrying around a poster of a pig and pestering my friend about what she was gonna eat tonight, at a vegan festival.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #190191 on: May 26, 2019, 05:56:51 am »

As for people who willingly deny themselves the pleasure of things like beerburgers, toasty BLT's, thin crust pepperoni and cherry tomato pizzas, or home cooked chicken n' dumplings?

Well, I don't think there is such a thing as a non-bizarre variety of those people.

All those things sound fucking delicious. Also I'm making pepper jack fried cheese sticks tonight.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #190192 on: May 26, 2019, 07:30:51 am »

And until we're there, we can of course still advocate for better living conditions for animals. I mean, shit... If for no other reason, animals raised in better conditions produce better meat/eggs/dairy.
The trick is worse conditions don't tend to produce bad meat/eggs/dairy, and do tend to be cheaper. Less good, maybe, but still plenty edible. Lotta' folks kinda' look the other way when it means they get (easier/more regular/etc.) access to still-delicious food at a reduced price. Even if it means a quality hit, if the hit isn't sufficiently hard.

Fastest way to cut down on that would probably be figuring out how to do cultured "meat" that matches industrial farming for taste and beats them on price. If relatively shoddy conditions aren't providing that cost advantage and are being at-minimum met on quality, they lose any particular point of existing. Lotta' farms probably go out of business but *shrugs*
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190193 on: May 26, 2019, 11:38:37 am »

Last lecture in the course.
Before it starts:AHHH! I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT OR HOW TO DO THE PROJECT, I gotta join a team.
After lecture: AHHH! I DON'T HAVE A TEAM, but I got a project idea that looks interesting and doesn't sounds too hard, and a lot of time.

In general this semester went well so fa, and if I don't get screwed over by something very specific tomorrow, it will probably be good until the end.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #190194 on: May 26, 2019, 01:25:36 pm »

went well so fa
Ah, yes, a sofa is a very good project, hopefully they don't pivot towards tables.
In a time before time, I had a name.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #190195 on: May 26, 2019, 05:41:19 pm »

I live in a rural area, so most of my food comes from said area. Most people here are either Farmers who don’t comprehend any kind of procesed meat if they can’t process it themselves or they’re Kevin. The rest of us mostly tag along supporting them. I don’t know anyone here who does full-on industrial Farming, since in the long run it makes the soil completely unusable for farming, so you can be fairly certain that your food is good. Unfortunately, the Butcher is closing down, so that mightn’t hold true forever.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #190196 on: May 26, 2019, 09:21:33 pm »

Watching sekiro playthrough. Guardian ape fight is legit as hell.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190197 on: May 27, 2019, 03:36:12 am »

Listening to drone, drinking Stone's Green Ginger Wine (highly recommended, perfect for a chilly winter evening!) and bit-by-bit writing up the amazing dream I had last night. How nice.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190198 on: May 27, 2019, 09:53:05 am »

The trick is worse conditions don't tend to produce bad meat/eggs/dairy, and do tend to be cheaper. Less good, maybe, but still plenty edible.

Farm raised fish is usually more like a fish-flavored jello than food. But generally, yeah. Plus, we can have vat-grown people meat.
Pages: 1 ... 12678 12679 [12680] 12681 12682 ... 13310