Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12684 12685 [12686] 12687 12688 ... 13311

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14522695 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: [fuk] Endlessly shooting bombs for lootboxes (Happy thread)
« Reply #190275 on: June 13, 2019, 09:43:52 pm »

The real facebook was the cats and toast we made along the way?

Ever do something which you know is going to end up failing because it's a unique opportunity to test said failure conditions?

I got a little carried away when I was doodling an outline which would fit the chunk of pine I had handy, had the right grain direction, and avoided a couple of knots/screw holes, and I'm way too fast at cutting the fuckers out to notice I should have left some more material in front of the little shoulder horn. When I was rasping and filing the shape some it hit me that I couldn't let someone else use this one because I can torque the front where the spine should push and just barely hear it starting to crack which I usually can't do with even the more delicate handles I make.

As is, I almost reflexively avoid the sort of motions which would cause those cracks to spread so now I'm going to use this as my regular light saw and see how long it holds up despite the known flaw/stress point.

Kinda sucks because I was finally able to get it cleaned up and ready for finish without sanding, just coarse rasp > medium file > custom made scrapers > big card scraper on the sides. I did buff it with a piece of 800 grit on a dowel because it puts a really pretty sheen on the open texture left by the scrapers and helps highlight any problem areas I hadn't noticed while scraping.

Still, a slight change to the angles between the head and neck will keep the neat proportions without sacrificing durability.

That little change in alignment isn't fatal if you're careful how you push the teeth into your workpiece unless you catch a knot or something, so I'm kinda trying to see if the less direct stresses end up being more detrimental than I expect them to be.

All in all I'm down to about an hour of actual cutting/shaping/cleaning up time unless I get carried away playing with the scrapers or something.

It's fun hearing the little vsssshhhhhhffffffff and watching what looks like dust fly into the air before it starts to flutter down because it's actually tiny little wispy curls of wood shavings.

Sanding is a chore... scraping is almost like a game, trying to get all your little scuffs and file marks sliced off cleanly, switching the scraper around on curves so the different grain directions meet smoothly without tearing, and now and then noticing a perfect little spiral floating down to land on your bench and roll away.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190276 on: June 14, 2019, 03:12:09 pm »

I'm probably quitting Facebook soon.

It's a cancer.
Maybe, but I'm going to keep smearing black salve on mine.
Its events function is too darn useful for one thing...

I don't really have a way to keep in touch with me extended family outside of Facebook but I'll figure it out.

So that's 2 reasons to quit.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190277 on: June 14, 2019, 03:23:19 pm »

I'm probably quitting Facebook soon.

It's a cancer.
Maybe, but I'm going to keep smearing black salve on mine.
Its events function is too darn useful for one thing...

I don't really have a way to keep in touch with me extended family outside of Facebook but I'll figure it out.

So that's 2 reasons to quit.

My extended family is cool, though lol.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190278 on: June 14, 2019, 08:40:46 pm »

Morning, y'all.
Right now my Happy is that I woke up relatively early - 11am - despite last night's festivities, so now I can go grab some delicious bahn mi from a bakery near my friend's house - where I am - before deciding exactly what to do with my day before Blasphemy tonight.

Gotta feed housemates' cat and fish, other than that who knows.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #190279 on: June 15, 2019, 08:06:14 pm »

I haven't had headphones in a week or so and my wife dropped some new ones off to me today. I was super depressed and forgot them til midway thru the day. Then I had a thing to do that was stationary and not near customers so I put them on.

The first note of the first song played and I literally smiled involuntarily. It brutally murdered my depression in it's crib. It was amazing.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190280 on: June 15, 2019, 08:08:09 pm »

Supper happy for you dude!
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #190281 on: June 16, 2019, 02:06:48 am »

Supper happy for you dude!
Supper? Is that because you don't have enough food for a proper dinner? :P
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 02:08:56 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190282 on: June 16, 2019, 05:31:35 am »

Dude... Savage. :o

@Hans: hooray for headphones! I can imagine that feeling after being horribly music deprived. On that note, I should probably stand up and go get mine.

Current Happy: saw Blasphemy and Vomitor last night, both for the first time. Hell fukken yes. Also, friend who came down for the show who I don't see very often expressed enthusiasm to head to another gig on Thursday, with the almighty Destruktor supporting some band called Krisiun.
When I suggested that I kinda thought it was a pipe dream, I wasn't even sure if I was gonna go or not considering it's way the fukk out in Geelong, but now he's on board and suggested roping in another friend as well. Awww yes.
Booze is Life for Yoink

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #190283 on: June 18, 2019, 01:56:16 am »

So who here remembers doot?

The Dooting Revenant, in particular?

Well guess what!

https://slayersclub.bethesda.net/en/article/3Ih5Ik95HYT3beWIumpfko/prepare-to-raze-hell-doom-eternal-arrives-november-2019

The guys behind Doom Eternal made it a preorder bonus skin for the game.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #190284 on: June 18, 2019, 05:39:59 am »

Cold summer days are the best summer days, especially after yesterday's shower.

Also, Steam Summer Sale is due this Sunday. HYPE!
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190285 on: June 18, 2019, 10:00:26 am »

Apparently, according to Wikipedia, the state from which most of my US relations hail counts as Dixieland.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #190286 on: June 18, 2019, 10:15:53 am »

Art project idea: Dixiney Land
Love, scriver~

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #190288 on: June 18, 2019, 04:45:18 pm »

I spoke to the Air Force recruiter and was disqualified by my expunged drug charge.

I spoke to the Navy recruiter and was told to see him next Monday at 10am.

Goddamn right, ima fucking genius. Fuck the Chair Force anyway.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #190289 on: June 18, 2019, 05:17:11 pm »

Fuck the Chair Force anyway.
You'll be eating those words, but not as much as you'll be eating dick.

Welcome to the Navy, son!
Pages: 1 ... 12684 12685 [12686] 12687 12688 ... 13311