Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12695 12696 [12697] 12698 12699 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14377459 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: [Poi~] Poi is once again permitted (Happy thread)
« Reply #190440 on: July 13, 2019, 06:29:38 pm »

Yeah, belated thanks for sharing that.  Hit me right in the briarheart.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190441 on: July 14, 2019, 07:31:18 am »

Missed most of the bands but I still had my fill of social interaction, plus a pretty damn tasty vegan chilli dog.
Then later on I headed back into the city and had a friggin' amazing phish burger from my favourite fast food chain. I can still smell it on my fingers. Mmmm.   

Also I was wearing my big waterproof jacket, so I was able to fit the book I'm currently reading in a pocket - did a fair bit of reading on the train both ways!   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #190442 on: July 14, 2019, 08:13:14 am »

Out of curiosity, what is the appeal about gigs for you?

I went to an outdoor thing last night and I don’t rightly see why people like to be deafened and blinded and have other people ruin it (a child behind me was blowing a god-awful monotone whistle incessantly and, despite everyone I could see in the two rows in front of me glancing round to see if its owners were going to do anything, I think it would’ve been frowned upon if I made the little shit choke on it) even when they play good music.

Did see some good fireworks afterward though.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190443 on: July 14, 2019, 04:59:16 pm »

Gosh, that doesn't sound terribly pleasant. If there are children at a gig to begin with (an oddity) they'd bloody better be well behaved!
I'm not sure what kind of music you're into, but seeing bands live with beer and good company is a whole world away from just listening to their music on its own.
Also I'm not sure about being "blinded", most venues I go to stick to a reasonable level of stage lighting (with some notable exceptions), but I would definitely recommend earplugs if one plans on going to loud gigs on the regular.

That probably didn't make much sense because I am half asleep, but here is my Happy this morning: just had a friggin' awesome dream. Cool cyberpunk setting, lots of adventure, reckless bravery, friendship, phat loot, aesthetics, a desperate rescue attempt, heaps and heaps of crazy sci-fi weaponry, robots, diplomacy and, of course, a lot of extreme violence.
What more could one ask for?!
Booze is Life for Yoink

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190445 on: July 14, 2019, 06:16:45 pm »

Wrong thread my dude. The discrepancy between dreams and reality saddens me deeply.     
Booze is Life for Yoink

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #190446 on: July 14, 2019, 06:20:01 pm »

Yeah, I'unno about gigs but I've been to a couple fairly high level classical performances, and live definitely does have its own charm. Actually seeing folks play in person can be pretty impressive. Vids and whatnot do pretty well but the combined sensory experience of live is just... different.

Still sorta' remember watching this one world-class pianist bang out tchaikovsky on stage, though I've forgotten their name. Dude actually played tchaikovsky just for fun -- they were one of the performer's favorite composers -- and it was a friggin' treat to watch. Guy's hands were basically art in motion and the music was great t'boot (it was tchaikovsky, he-who-used-field-artillery-as-an-instrument, of course it was).

Venue did mean most of the people in the audience were pretty chill, though, so yeah :P I have been to a couple outside live shows but I remember nothing about them and there's basically zero chance I'll ever go to another one unless I move away from florida at some point, heh. Do distinctly remember much preferring indoor shows, especially with proper acoustics (ala nice classical performances). Shit sounds a hell of a lot better in a room designed to make it sound better, go figure.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #190447 on: July 15, 2019, 10:20:03 am »

I was part of a hackathon last week, and while that was honestly nice just as a vacation from ordinary work, my team even won the hackathon.  I got a little trophy, and most surprisingly, even a cash prize.  That really made having to take a 6 hour trip to Los Angeles worth it.

The only downside is now I'm worried I'll have to actually implement our team's idea, but I'll cross that bridge when we get to it.  Multiple person IoT automation rules work way better in a nice little prescripted demo than in reality.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #190448 on: July 15, 2019, 12:31:50 pm »

I ran roughly 2 miles in 11 minutes.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #190449 on: July 15, 2019, 02:51:14 pm »

A (reasonably inebriated) woman asked if she could touch my beard last Friday. After giving it a good feel, she proclaimed that it was "amazing" and proceeded to stare at it in awe while her friend clucked and scoffed about all the bearded men coming out of the woodwork.

Made me feel 'preciated, y'know?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190450 on: July 15, 2019, 02:57:35 pm »

Oho, my beard? Which one?

*pepper sprayed, tackled by police, tased repeatedly, then tased while bring pepper sprayed and tackled*
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #190451 on: July 15, 2019, 03:17:05 pm »

Oho, my beard? Which one?

*pepper sprayed, tackled by police, tased repeatedly, then tased while bring pepper sprayed and tackled*

Maybe those police were drunk on the job. One might say they were beer'd.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #190452 on: July 15, 2019, 03:47:28 pm »

stop wineing
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190453 on: July 15, 2019, 07:21:58 pm »

Vodka you even talking about?
Booze is Life for Yoink

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #190454 on: July 15, 2019, 07:23:31 pm »

Looking forward to some stout puns. It’s the cure to what ales me.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 12695 12696 [12697] 12698 12699 ... 13310