Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12696 12697 [12698] 12699 12700 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14376566 times)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
Re: [Poi~] Poi is once again permitted (Happy thread)
« Reply #190455 on: July 15, 2019, 08:49:35 pm »

And we laughed for a moment, and I said, "I never knew"
"That you liked Pina Coladas, and getting caught in the rain
And the feel of the ocean, and the taste of champagne
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #190456 on: July 16, 2019, 08:11:14 am »

I am here to interrupt your alcohol puns before y'all get drunk on power.

I guess I am a speedrunner now? Still waiting for verification on the leaderboards (and if accepted it will make it a world record thanks to there being no other runs of the sort), but I am pretty damn proud of my almost two-and-a-half-hours of suffering.

Will anyone actually see the video? Probably not, but ol' ego still appreciates it being out there.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190457 on: July 16, 2019, 08:39:30 am »

I guess I am a speedrunner now? Still waiting for verification on the leaderboards (and if accepted it will make it a world record thanks to there being no other runs of the sort),

Ah yes, victory by default, the best kind of victory.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190458 on: July 16, 2019, 11:20:43 am »

Hey, way to go! I just started running levels in DUSK last week and I've submitted a few times on levels myself, but competition is limited 'cuz people usually run the easiest difficulty level and not the 'hard' one. There's a bit of a kerfuffle about that on the speedrun discord for the game, but that won't stop me from going fast in those categories.

Two and a half hours though, yeesh. Stuff I'm playing takes like thirty seconds, if that. All too easy to dump an evening into improving that time, though...
There's categories for individual levels, which are all below 10 minutes each unless you get terrible luck. But turns out I enjoy torturing myself.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190459 on: July 16, 2019, 11:48:18 am »

Now go do it live in front of a hundred thousand people at AGDQ. No pressure.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #190462 on: July 16, 2019, 02:33:49 pm »

I did a science today. Humanity now knows a little more about how physical fitness affects social stress.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #190463 on: July 16, 2019, 08:33:12 pm »

I did a speedrun of sorts the other day, in an hour I went from pencil doodles on a piece of wood to a thing that I need to give to my mommy so she'll be all "look how awesome my son is, he's totally the best one of my kids especially the ones who have given me a total of zero awesomely cute little saws" and stuff.

That, incidentally, is my first nib, the little carved ridge between the two upper horns is a feature in various saws, just as a way to break up the transition more artistically.

You can see that I was heavily inspired by one of the master saw wrights from back in the day, nowadays most hand tool fanatics would at least have seen if not recognize a Kenyon handle, and it is indeed a pretty little thing, but I don't like the idea of a direct copy so I tried to make something which wouldn't look out of place in the same crowd. Similarly I liked certain features on the Moses Eadon handles more than the Kenyon ones so I ended up with a sort of hybrid homage to both of them, which we can now enjoy and if so motivated replicate more easily thanks to Two Guys In A Garage and their Saw Handle Library of conveniently scaled designs ready to print out and glue to a handle blank!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #190464 on: July 17, 2019, 06:10:51 am »

I was reminded today of an old saying by, iirc, Janet or someone on this forum. Something along the line of "sometimes you just have to face the world head held high and penis erect". Or possibly something like "Sometimes you have to run straight into the wall head held high and penis erect".

Anyway, it made me laugh. Does anyone remember it or what it actually went like?
Love, scriver~

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190465 on: July 17, 2019, 10:24:15 am »

I guess I am a speedrunner now? Still waiting for verification on the leaderboards (and if accepted it will make it a world record thanks to there being no other runs of the sort), but I am pretty damn proud of my almost two-and-a-half-hours of suffering.

Will anyone actually see the video? Probably not, but ol' ego still appreciates it being out there.
As a follow-up to this, the run was verified and approved, so that means I have a world record now. Yay.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190466 on: July 17, 2019, 11:40:18 am »

As a follow-up to this, the rum was verified and approved, so that means I have a world record now. Yay.
ftfy
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #190467 on: July 17, 2019, 01:05:24 pm »

Exercise is back on track. Already blasted through 100 pushups in five sets an hour apart.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190468 on: July 17, 2019, 02:03:36 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 08:38:19 am by dragdeler »
let

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #190469 on: July 17, 2019, 02:19:12 pm »

I was reminded today of an old saying by, iirc, Janet or someone on this forum. Something along the line of "sometimes you just have to face the world head held high and penis erect". Or possibly something like "Sometimes you have to run straight into the wall head held high and penis erect".

Anyway, it made me laugh. Does anyone remember it or what it actually went like?
It was gunner-chan/janet, yes. The exact quote is "Sometimes all you can do is face danger with your eyes open, and dick erect." Search can pull it up but whatever's going on with quotes not quite aiming right makes it hard to get to the exact post. Seems to be somewhere in the WTF thread.

Fake E: Actually, this should be it.
Sometimes all you can do is face danger with your eyes open, and dick erect.
turns out the timestamp is accurate even if everything else is borked up

Actual E: Nah, link's fucked. Post is several hundred posts prior to where that leads.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 02:20:54 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 12696 12697 [12698] 12699 12700 ... 13310