Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12698 12699 [12700] 12701 12702 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14376253 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: [Poi~] Poi is once again permitted (Happy thread)
« Reply #190485 on: July 19, 2019, 10:56:31 pm »

I remember getting real hardcore about obscure feats like that, at one point I could do a one handed pull up with my right arm, almost one with my left arm, or until I got bored with both palms towards me, and like three quarters as many facing away.

Started trying to do stuff like the fingertip pushups and while I was able I couldn't find a good reason because it's just a half-ass forearm workout, how often do you stab stuff with your fingertips? I mean, excluding Viltrumites like Thragg.

On the other hand I make lots of use of the muscles from the actual forearm work I did, since I don't use vices or whatnot much for work bracing, the only thing that really has decent difficulty is clamping a piece of wood to the fork on my lap bench with one hand while I saw the shape out with the other, my triceps are gonna end up all yoked like Thragg or some shit... which I'm ok with.

The occasional "zhhhrrrnkk-vssshhh-zhhhrrrnk-vsssshhh" from a coping saw is soothing compared to the otherworldly screams some of those saws make when in use, not to mention the crazy dust and space requirements.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190486 on: July 20, 2019, 01:49:42 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 08:38:13 am by dragdeler »
let

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190487 on: July 20, 2019, 02:44:26 am »

This could have just as easily gone in the WTF thread, but my Orange Goblin beanie was just complimented by a stranger, which is not unusual - but I'm on a plane, of all places!
What are the odds of winding up on the same flight as someone else with great taste in music? Nice.
Also I'm finally on the bloody plane, which is a Happy in itself.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #190488 on: July 20, 2019, 07:25:01 am »

My anti-anxiety medication's side effect has a hard counter in the form of caffeine.

Evidently it somehow fucks with the adenine receptors in my brain, or causes it to overproduce adenine, or something. Regardless, the caffeine's stopping me from feeling knackered.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #190489 on: July 20, 2019, 07:50:11 am »

Just, uh. Make sure to consult your doctor on the subject if you haven't already. Working doesn't necessarily mean "not causing kidney failure" or somethin'. Caffeine's usually not super reactive to stuff so far as I'm aware but self medicating (even with a pervasive, socially unquestioned drug) pretty much always adds extra risks.

... also probably be careful what you're getting the caffeine through, heh. Soda's the diabetes route, iirc tea can encourage kidney stones (which if you've never had, you never want and extra never want again if you have), so on, so forth.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #190490 on: July 20, 2019, 08:01:35 am »

I've checked drug interactions. The only thing it interacts with are MAOIs (Which interact with everything, hence why they're used far less often now) and alcohol. The alcohol interaction comes down to a doubling down of the tiredness effect.

The reason I shouldn't be having caffeine is just because it's got a chance, which is small it should be noted, of making my anxiety worse. Nothing to do with the medication, everything to do with my brain not working properly in the first place. And it's either an utterly miniscule risk of the caffeine making my anxiety worse (Which it shouldn't, I've been having caffeine for the first half of this bout of anxiety with some regularity and it did nothing to it) or I feel like I want to sleep all day until my body finally adapts to the medication.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190491 on: July 20, 2019, 08:33:24 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 08:34:45 am by dragdeler »
let

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #190492 on: July 20, 2019, 09:29:57 am »

I don't envy the scientist who had to find the correct dose of sleeping pills for a spider, that wouldn't put it to sleep or kill it.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #190493 on: July 20, 2019, 09:57:19 am »

Maybe the reason it looks like that is because it kept dozing off and starting over
Love, scriver~

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #190494 on: July 20, 2019, 10:03:58 am »

I never liked caffeine that much, I find them spiderwebs quite accurate.
Relevant Video
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #190495 on: July 20, 2019, 01:24:29 pm »

I never liked caffeine that much, I find them spiderwebs quite accurate.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Oh? Are your turds star shaped when you drink coffee?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190496 on: July 20, 2019, 03:49:43 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 08:34:50 am by dragdeler »
let

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #190497 on: July 20, 2019, 08:26:18 pm »

'This is your spider... this is your spider on drugs... any questions?'
*hand raises* "...uh, why do I have a spider?"
'BECAUSE THEY'RE CUTE, shut up, for that you get two extra spiders!'

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190498 on: July 20, 2019, 09:04:51 pm »

Isn't caffeine literally poision that we're immune to only because the dose, being designed for insects, is too low for us? That spider must be so close to death

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #190499 on: July 20, 2019, 09:06:19 pm »

Like, everything is poison. Especially every drug, I guess.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.
Pages: 1 ... 12698 12699 [12700] 12701 12702 ... 13310