Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12700 12701 [12702] 12703 12704 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14382630 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: [Poi~] Poi is once again permitted (Happy thread)
« Reply #190515 on: July 21, 2019, 09:26:25 am »

Uh, the original, I believe - from 1982.
Didn't realise there was a remake, but now you mention it I may have read something about that somewhere.

I think the original was from the ’50s. But yeah, that movie is really good. I unfortunately saw it when I was too young to appreciate anything other than the “I know you guys have been through a lot but I don’t want to spend the rest of this Winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!” line, which is sad because as a psychological horror it is pretty damn good.

The remake I think is set in the Swedish Norwegian camp in the movie,, and I’m intrigued but not actually willing to spend pennies on acquiring, ‘cause I’m a skinflint.

Also, drugs are bad, mm’kay? All of them. Cannabis, caffeine, paracetamol, penicillin. Just don’t do any of them.

That includes the ones your own body makes. Y’all are filthy junkies. Even if I am amused by the Basqueman’s attempts to educate dragdeler when dragdeler doesn’t really want to engage.

I’ve also noticed I like referring to people by where they come from. Is that weird? I think it’s weird. Evidently I’m worried someone will think I’m racist or something.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #190516 on: July 21, 2019, 09:33:35 am »

Nah, it's okay, but I believe their preferred term is basquito
Love, scriver~

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #190517 on: July 21, 2019, 09:43:20 am »

Is that weird? I think it’s weird. Evidently I’m worried someone will think I’m racist or something.
It's not racist, the Basque don't actually exist.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190518 on: July 21, 2019, 10:26:14 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 08:34:37 am by dragdeler »
let

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #190519 on: July 21, 2019, 10:32:17 am »

Everything is arbitrary if you think about it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190520 on: July 21, 2019, 10:35:58 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 08:34:40 am by dragdeler »
let

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #190521 on: July 21, 2019, 03:10:46 pm »

Two fiddy in 8 hours.

Go for 300? Y/N?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190522 on: July 21, 2019, 06:28:54 pm »

310 pushups today. I'm a... A... Fuck idk, I can do a lot of pushups and stuff.

My arms feel noticeably more defined.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #190523 on: July 21, 2019, 09:27:23 pm »

Resist the urge to start doing silly shit like handstand pushups, the wrist strain vs potential workout from bodyweight is a garbage tradeoff. I used to enjoy walking on my hands a lot, then I started noticing I'd wake up in the morning and I could just roll them back and forth to produce an audible KRPOP so I stopped doing that so much.

Same with pushups, after a while you're only really getting tiny amounts of muscle building vs joint and tendon stresses because it's easy to trivialize bodyweight for lots of workouts, but you can do stuff like freeweights, pulley resistance, and so forth to go after parts of those muscle groups which just kinda sit around being bored during pushups. Used to have a fairly obvious pigeon-chest so I set about figuring out how to cover it with muscle when I was really young, got normal looking pecs now but I had to move to weights to actually build them out enough to get there since I wasn't heavy enough for pushups to do shit despite doing all the different stances, centered together, way out past shoulder width, above or below my shoulder height, was nice arm work for a while but that don't help with the sternum bumps dammit!

I did get a bit of a noticeable gain for a while when I was doing those uh, the fucking weird marine ones where you go from like a yoga pose with your ass up and legs straight then slide forward like you're going under a low bar and pressing your torso back towards vertical with your hips down low at the end before reversing... can't remember the name, sunrises or sunups or some shit maybe?

Gotta do them slow as you can manage without shaking and it's a pretty awesome exercise to toss in there.

Now I'm happy I can relax and maintain the shit I built up as a nutty kid and teenager.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #190524 on: July 22, 2019, 05:14:01 am »

I'm not feeling utterly shattered today.

The mirtazapine I've been on for a few days now has been really fucking with my ability to stay awake. The fact that my body seems to be adapting pretty quickly is nice.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190525 on: July 22, 2019, 08:18:16 am »

My anti-anxiety medication's side effect has a hard counter in the form of caffeine.

Evidently it somehow fucks with the adenine receptors in my brain, or causes it to overproduce adenine, or something. Regardless, the caffeine's stopping me from feeling knackered.

Yeah, caffeine is pretty much just "a bit more anxiety than you already had, so now you're awake-ish". Even for people without weird brain stuff going on.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #190526 on: July 22, 2019, 09:32:44 am »

Missing puppy was found and sent home safely. I am relieved!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #190527 on: July 22, 2019, 05:25:25 pm »

There was a wasp on the cork of my drinking bottle when I reached for it, be she was very polite and didn't sting me even though I panicked a bit when she crawled over to my hand (which was when I noticed her) so I gave her some honey and water and put her back outside. It's pretty nightly outside so I hope it's not too cold for her to make it back to wherever she stays.
Love, scriver~

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190528 on: July 22, 2019, 07:52:33 pm »

FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190529 on: July 22, 2019, 08:25:22 pm »

Resist the urge to start doing silly shit like handstand pushups, the wrist strain vs potential workout from bodyweight is a garbage tradeoff. I used to enjoy walking on my hands a lot, then I started noticing I'd wake up in the morning and I could just roll them back and forth to produce an audible KRPOP so I stopped doing that so much.

Same with pushups, after a while you're only really getting tiny amounts of muscle building vs joint and tendon stresses because it's easy to trivialize bodyweight for lots of workouts, but you can do stuff like freeweights, pulley resistance, and so forth to go after parts of those muscle groups which just kinda sit around being bored during pushups. Used to have a fairly obvious pigeon-chest so I set about figuring out how to cover it with muscle when I was really young, got normal looking pecs now but I had to move to weights to actually build them out enough to get there since I wasn't heavy enough for pushups to do shit despite doing all the different stances, centered together, way out past shoulder width, above or below my shoulder height, was nice arm work for a while but that don't help with the sternum bumps dammit!

I did get a bit of a noticeable gain for a while when I was doing those uh, the fucking weird marine ones where you go from like a yoga pose with your ass up and legs straight then slide forward like you're going under a low bar and pressing your torso back towards vertical with your hips down low at the end before reversing... can't remember the name, sunrises or sunups or some shit maybe?

Gotta do them slow as you can manage without shaking and it's a pretty awesome exercise to toss in there.

Now I'm happy I can relax and maintain the shit I built up as a nutty kid and teenager.

Yeah, I'm only still doing absurd amounts of pushups because I haven't got freeweights yet. I'll still do some after I get weights but just enough for minor cardio and to keep form. And I just do plain, shoulder width, ninety degree then raise pushups. No fancy shit. I need muscle fast, not a circus routine.
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 12700 12701 [12702] 12703 12704 ... 13310