Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12701 12702 [12703] 12704 12705 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14381369 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: [Poi~] Poi is once again permitted (Happy thread)
« Reply #190530 on: July 22, 2019, 09:32:16 pm »

I can currently do zero pushups, as I am still recovering from surgery. I'll get back up to doing them someday soon.

In actual happies for me, though, wish me luck tomorrow. I don't want to jinx it, so that's all I'll say.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #190531 on: July 22, 2019, 09:44:47 pm »

I hope Gunner-Chan is aware of the X-Piratez community game going on.  We don't have lasers yet, but I'm very thankful to her for talking about this game.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #190532 on: July 23, 2019, 10:42:37 am »

There was a wasp on the cork of my drinking bottle when I reached for it, be she was very polite and didn't sting me even though I panicked a bit when she crawled over to my hand (which was when I noticed her) so I gave her some honey and water and put her back outside. It's pretty nightly outside so I hope it's not too cold for her to make it back to wherever she stays.
Prolly a mud-dauber if it was so peaceful, I showed the missus how to rescue ones that got stuck in the pool, they'll land to scoop up water and get splashed and stuck so if you just raise your hand up under them they'll stand up and drip dry then start buzzing and warm up then just fly away. You could also lightly blow air past them and help speed it up, but they'd never sting unless you started trying to eat them or some shit. Chill little mudbros who just want some water to build a house.

Saw her showing kids at the pool later, they were like "whoa, you must be like brave as hell" and she was like "shit, I punch bears and eat wolves for breakfast when I'm not being a ninja skydiver stuntwoman!" which is great.
Yeah, I'm only still doing absurd amounts of pushups because I haven't got freeweights yet. I'll still do some after I get weights but just enough for minor cardio and to keep form. And I just do plain, shoulder width, ninety degree then raise pushups. No fancy shit. I need muscle fast, not a circus routine.
Really great thing to mix in there then is what are apparently called hindu pushups lately, it's a nice muscle changeup and a new way to get closer to burnout if you do a few sets before regular pushups.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #190533 on: July 23, 2019, 11:41:49 am »

I got to use the German I've been practicing today.

Got a scam call, responded with "Entschuldigung, ich verstehe nicht deine sprache." They hung up quickly. I like that the word for "hello" is just "hallo". This lets me use the German version while answering the phone and decide which language to use from there.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #190534 on: July 23, 2019, 09:54:38 pm »

The first thing to learn with any language is how to say "I don't recognize the noises your mouth is making". Close seconds are "What does this mouth-noise mean?" and "What mouth-noise do I use to say <whatever>?"

That's a nice trick with the "hallo" that is. :D
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #190535 on: July 23, 2019, 11:24:48 pm »

Huge storm just hit. Lightning, rain, 40mph winds. Pretty rad.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #190536 on: July 24, 2019, 04:42:46 am »

There was a wasp on the cork of my drinking bottle when I reached for it, be she was very polite and didn't sting me even though I panicked a bit when she crawled over to my hand (which was when I noticed her) so I gave her some honey and water and put her back outside. It's pretty nightly outside so I hope it's not too cold for her to make it back to wherever she stays.
Prolly a mud-dauber

No, not that kind of wasp. Just an ordinary wasp-shaped, wasp-srriped waspy wasp of some kind.

Yeah, I'm only still doing absurd amounts of pushups because I haven't got freeweights yet. I'll still do some after I get weights but just enough for minor cardio and to keep form. And I just do plain, shoulder width, ninety degree then raise pushups. No fancy shit. I need muscle fast, not a circus routine.
Really great thing to mix in there then is what are apparently called hindu pushups lately, it's a nice muscle changeup and a new way to get closer to burnout if you do a few sets before regular pushups.

I'm pretty sure it's called Yoga.

I can currently do zero pushups, as I am still recovering from surgery. I'll get back up to doing them someday soon.

In actual happies for me, though, wish me luck tomorrow. I don't want to jinx it, so that's all I'll say.

Make sure to tell us when it's done!
Love, scriver~

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #190537 on: July 24, 2019, 11:25:40 am »

Well, red wasps are technically not mud daubers as they actually make paper houses but they're still chill little dudes when you're rescuing them from a pool.

As for yoga, I have to take your word for it, as I don't know what it actually is, I just know those pushups are great at activating and straining muscle groups normal pushups miss.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190538 on: July 24, 2019, 12:06:53 pm »

Red wasps don't sound like they're yellow and black-striped, though ;)
Love, scriver~

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #190539 on: July 24, 2019, 12:10:41 pm »

... we have red wasps here in MO and I can assure you quite confidently that they are in no way "chill little dudes".

Murder-hearted flying expressions of God's infinite and unending malice and hate of the living is a more accurate description.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190540 on: July 24, 2019, 12:21:35 pm »

mud daubers are the chill ones from my experience. (if any wasp can indeed be considered "chill")

Also, there might be confusion between the smaller red bodied wasps, and the horrible giant monsters (tarantula hawk wasp) further west.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190541 on: July 24, 2019, 12:45:41 pm »

CAZADOR
Love, scriver~

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #190542 on: July 24, 2019, 01:10:45 pm »

Actually I think ours are red Hornets. And we also have some Tarantula Hawk Wasps here. They're relatively peaceful, but I'm hypervigilant about them.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #190543 on: July 24, 2019, 02:40:25 pm »

The one thing I managed to get out of today that was good: After a lot of stress, I finished off a flatbread from my Indian cookbook. It's pretty nice (though needs something to go with). Tastes like a cross between a crepe-style pancake and a naan bread.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #190544 on: July 24, 2019, 02:56:33 pm »

The first thing to learn with any language is how to say "I don't recognize the noises your mouth is making". Close seconds are "What does this mouth-noise mean?" and "What mouth-noise do I use to say <whatever>?"

That's a nice trick with the "hallo" that is. :D

Danke schön!
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!
Pages: 1 ... 12701 12702 [12703] 12704 12705 ... 13310