Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12702 12703 [12704] 12705 12706 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14373757 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: [Poi~] Poi is once again permitted (Happy thread)
« Reply #190545 on: July 24, 2019, 04:12:55 pm »

Hornets are made of hatred, rage, and untamed  "FUCK YOU DIE" which is a whole other matter.

I pet bumblebees, gently shoo honeybees away, help little paper and mud wasps find new spots live, and just backhand wasps that get too cocky for their own good.

I encounter hornets near my home I'm scouting the site and burning them out, fuck those bastards.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #190546 on: July 24, 2019, 09:23:28 pm »

I like to hang out near their nest and smush a few. Wait a while and the pheromones and dead bodies will attract more to smush. Make a little wasp pile.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #190547 on: July 25, 2019, 01:05:16 am »

I once sprayed a wasp nest in my backyard (can be dangerous) with anti-bug spray from a distance and then quickly ran back home.

They didn't catch me.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #190548 on: July 25, 2019, 06:01:30 am »

So I went to the Rammstein concert yesterday, and throughout the absolute mess that that day ended up being, there was a little shining point of light (above and beyond The Lads rocking out for two hours). This will be packaged in with some ranting because what a diddly-doo-dang day.

When trying to meet up with the people I was supposed to be going to the concert with, I had to take an alternative bus because they didn't think to ask if I wanted to ride along with them (despite staying in the same hotel even) until it was too late and everything was booked. I told them I'd likely be arriving a bit early, and that we could just meet up when they got there.

The bus was a bit late, but I still ended up getting there about twenty minutes before they were supposed to be there. But the cell network was being fucky, so they didn't get the message until about 6 minutes after their arranged arrival time, at which point I was informed that they'd already sat down at a restaurant and were waiting for their food.

I broke off my city-exploring walkabout and headed over to where they were, arriving at the bustling locale after their first round of drinks had been demolished and they were already well into waiting for their food. I figured I'd just have something to drink and not order food, since that would likely just lock us all down (if they bothered to wait for me, that is).

It was still about 15 minutes before I got noticed by anyone, and the poor girl who came over to handle my order was clearly absolutely overwhelmed and also deeply uncomfortable with English (she put in a valiant effort though, even making smalltalk despite the difficulty), but eventually I managed to put in an order for a beer. A while later she came back with a menu, despite my not wanting/asking for one, which I perused because I had nothing better to do (3 of the 4 other people at the table were speaking Polish, the 4th was busy staring at the wall. He's also a twat, so I didn't feel particularly inclined to make an effort to engage him in conversation).

Apparently, the restaurant hadn't even heard about the Rammstein concert until this horde of metalheads and foreigners descended upon the city and filled up every establishment... To say they were woefully unprepared would be an understatement.

20-25 minutes after ordering the beer, the waitress saw me holding the menu she'd given me and asked if I was ready to order. I said I was just waiting on my beer, at which point she said "Oh!" and started explaining that they were having difficulties with beer right now because they'd run out of beer glasses, and that her manager had told her to apologize to the customers for the inconvenience but she was having a hard time keeping track of who she'd apologized to already.

I got my beer a short while later, in a not-for-beer glass, and we all just sat there for a while trying to enjoy ourselves despite everyone at the table being a dick (I'll not excuse myself from that distinction, because while I do make an effort towards non-dickishness, I do have my limits). Eventually the time came to move on, and we tried to pay. The waitress asked if we were paying together or separately, we said separately, and she disappeared.

Much, much later, she showed up again (looking even more frazzled than before) and explained in Polish that she was new there and wasn't able to split the bill, and that the manager was needed to do it. The problem was, he was apparently nowhere to be found. She apologized for the wait and went back to looking for the elusive fellow.

She eventually managed to dig the manager out from wherever he'd been seeking refuge from the storm, and we lined up to pay with the manager working the orders and billing screen while she tried to learn what he was doing and also handling the change. I was last in line and only had the one beer to pay for, so I handed over cash and she gave me my change back (another task which she was obviously not very experienced with, but was trying very hard to keep up appearances). I handed some of it back as a tip (only 5 zlotys, but for a 12 zl beer it was significant percentage-wise) and told her she was doing really well.

The poor thing looked like she was about to start crying and thanked me profusely. And thinking that I might have helped make what was probably a really shitty day a bit better makes me happy.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #190549 on: July 25, 2019, 06:12:24 am »

Quote from: More DF devlog shenanigans
And, um, the divinations doing things sometimes. I went to a shrine, rolled a tin icosahedral die and it was a bad roll and I was cursed to be a snowy owl for a week. So I flew up to a nearby rooftop and pondered tangents.

a little shining point of light

It probably meant a lot. When I was starting out with working the register (being overwhelmed by completely normal friday stream-of-customer conditions at that) the ones who made an effort to be friendly made it a whole deal easier. I can't imagine what her day had been like, being surprised by that size of crowd.
Love, scriver~

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190550 on: July 25, 2019, 06:15:47 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 08:34:15 am by dragdeler »
let

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190551 on: July 25, 2019, 12:53:17 pm »

Flying stinging insects are all terrifying to me, and I avoid them all, don't even bother to check what kind, just leave as soon as I see them

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #190552 on: July 25, 2019, 03:03:40 pm »

-
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 11:15:39 pm by Eschar »

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190553 on: July 25, 2019, 04:40:09 pm »

I like to hang out near their nest and smush a few. Wait a while and the pheromones and dead bodies will attract more to smush. Make a little wasp pile.

"I'm trying to smoke these hornets to death so I can get their honey."

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190554 on: July 25, 2019, 04:50:15 pm »

but... but.... Hornets dont make honey...

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190555 on: July 25, 2019, 04:56:49 pm »

He must mean their girlfriend then. Or is that queenfriend?

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #190556 on: July 26, 2019, 01:52:01 am »

Hornets are sterile but biologically female, except for drones and queens. Or was that ants?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 02:21:00 am by KittyTac »
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #190557 on: July 26, 2019, 02:01:46 am »

Hornets are sterile but biologically female, except for drones. Or was that ants?
But if they have frog DNA they can spontaneously change gender can't they???
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190558 on: July 26, 2019, 03:12:10 am »

Hornets are sterile but biologically female, except for drones and queens. Or was that ants?
So you're saying you have a problem with lesbian workers adopting babies of welfare queens?

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #190559 on: July 26, 2019, 03:26:02 am »

Hornets are sterile but biologically female, except for drones. Or was that ants?
But if they have frog DNA they can spontaneously change gender can't they???
life always finds a way
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway
Pages: 1 ... 12702 12703 [12704] 12705 12706 ... 13310