Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12718 12719 [12720] 12721 12722 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14375867 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Poi~] Poi is once again permitted (Happy thread)
« Reply #190786 on: September 01, 2019, 03:55:37 pm »

I don’t know where to put this, it’s an interesting perspective on the universe

That was some deja vu right there when they mentioned the chinese peasant girl bit. I must have come across this before in one of its many adaptations.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #190787 on: September 01, 2019, 04:51:03 pm »

I also recognized it after a few minutes. Neat stuff.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190788 on: September 01, 2019, 05:34:56 pm »

« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 05:36:59 pm by Reelya »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190790 on: September 02, 2019, 05:25:53 am »

The original copypasta went up to level 7, but the video maker stopped at 6. Here's the original text:

http://cuiltheory.wikidot.com/what-is-cuil-theory

It's kind of a shame since level 7 ends with the punchline:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190791 on: September 02, 2019, 08:40:31 am »

The original copypasta went up to level 7, but the video maker stopped at 6. Here's the original text:

http://cuiltheory.wikidot.com/what-is-cuil-theory

It's kind of a shame since level 7 ends with the punchline:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Thank you for this, the discussion in site is also an interesting rwad

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #190792 on: September 02, 2019, 09:50:39 am »

On the DoK discussion.

That game wasn't even supposed to be a HW title, it's original title was Shipbreakers and it had the cool concept of you leading expeditions to salvage crashed spacecraft on various planets in an RTS style. It was only after Gearbox got the licence and either they approached BBI or BBI approached them that they kinda hamfisted the whole thing into a HW mould, for good or bad. The game itseld was ok, but fairly shallow, which was a shame, could've been a great RTS with some more work put in.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190793 on: September 02, 2019, 10:39:46 am »

On the DoK discussion.

That game wasn't even supposed to be a HW title, it's original title was Shipbreakers and it had the cool concept of you leading expeditions to salvage crashed spacecraft on various planets in an RTS style. It was only after Gearbox got the licence and either they approached BBI or BBI approached them that they kinda hamfisted the whole thing into a HW mould, for good or bad. The game itseld was ok, but fairly shallow, which was a shame, could've been a great RTS with some more work put in.
What does HW stand for?

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #190794 on: September 02, 2019, 10:41:46 am »

On the DoK discussion.

What does HW stand for?
HomeWorld?
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #190795 on: September 02, 2019, 11:04:40 am »

On the DoK discussion.

That is some vital trivia that explains perfectly why that game is the way it is

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190796 on: September 04, 2019, 01:47:25 am »

I picked up a very wide roll of freezer/butcher paper today at Hobby Lobby, along with an economy gallon sized jug of PVA glue. (the latter I use on my 3d printer bed for printing nylon.)

I was worried that I wouldnt be able to properly make my scrub pattern prints, because I learned that the 18" paper is about 1" too narrow for the rear quarter section of the pants. This roll of 30" will do the job nicely! (and it was pretty inexpensive too! Only 15$/roll!)

I had to make custom paper holder wheels for it though because it is coreless-- (The wide format printer uses these little plastic spacer wheels to assure paper alignment in the printer, and they are designed for a 2" core roll.) but that PVA glue came in handy for that. :)

ALSO-- I learned that HP 80 ink (what my printer uses) is dye-based.  That means, at least theoretically, it can print onto cloth.  I see that HP offers a polyester cloth consumable for that very thing, but I suspect that if I stabilized some thin cotton on some of that wide freezer paper, and disable the cutter, I could print on that instead. (The printer can accept "sheets" through the feed roller in the back. It does not have to feed from the roll. That is how I would load stabilized fabric.)

I should see if Hobby Lobby has any Bubblejet Set 2000.  (i've heard of the product, but never actually used it.)

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #190797 on: September 04, 2019, 08:49:41 pm »

Sans from Undertale is in Smash! Just as a mii costume, but still! Now we're one step close to getting Goku!  ;D
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190798 on: September 05, 2019, 10:20:44 am »

I've been anxious and having anxiety attacks for nearly two weeks straight.

Cornered my boss and told him I'm not doing support duty anymore because it's affecting my life, our European dev team isn't making any steps to improve the process, and given I've been stuck in my Google-based bubble (whereas all of the issues stem from everything not related to my work) for my entire time here I don't have the product knowledge necessary to be helpful anyway.

May or may not have a job here soon based on the conversation that is presumably happening now that I've left.

I don't feel good or happy about it. But I feel just a little better and the knot in the pit of my stomach went away for a while. And that makes me at least slightly happy. Doubly so as one of the companies I applied to got back to me today.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190799 on: September 05, 2019, 10:41:22 am »

I had a similar experience today, after going to see the DoN (Director of Nursing) over my coworkers bullshit last night.

I was very civil and tactful- I let her know that based on my co-workers behavior, it was no longer possible for me to work with her, and that all I really need from her is a legitimate apology, and an affirmation that she would not make the kind of insinuations about my work ever again. I recounted exactly what had happened, and suggested that she review the security footage. (We have cameras in all the hallways as legal protection measure, since homes like ours can be on the receiving end of warrantless accusations and lawsuits.  Having footage on hand to disprove such accusations is very helpful.) She said she would do so, but only after mentioning that she had worked with my co-worker as an aid in the past, and never had those kinds of problems-- but that she would speak with her about it tonight.

I may or may not have stirred up a hornet's nest, but I feel better about it also.

Pages: 1 ... 12718 12719 [12720] 12721 12722 ... 13310