Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12751 12752 [12753] 12754 12755 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14376767 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: [Poi~] Poi is once again permitted (Happy thread)
« Reply #191280 on: November 12, 2019, 06:48:10 pm »

Please update on DM goodness.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #191281 on: November 12, 2019, 07:11:52 pm »

To reiterate: first time :P

I have no idea how the DM's side goes, how to determine loot, how to make enemies.

Plot is my strong point here.

I made a shitpile of notes that were designed to be passed out at random. Three categories: Town, Wilderness, Misc

Now, I laid out a basic plot for them to follow with strong incentives to follow it. For example,  the BBEG offered them 200gp at level 3 just to meet a contact and follow through on a mission. Along the way, the random notes created completely unexpected player reactions that I adjusted the plot for slightly while keeping the same path.

That corrupt nobleman that wanted them to do shifty shit? Yeah he cuts off the heads of the two easily influenced half-orcs that started liking the players too much,because they were hired for a job and overstepped their remit.

The BBEG realized they knew he was having them watched? He steps in and outright explains why they should let him manipulate them. (Honesty works btw)

A big part of DMing is rolling punches into your plans, especially when your BBEG is a prophetic immortal who cannot die until his chosen time.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #191282 on: November 12, 2019, 09:33:55 pm »

BBEG?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191283 on: November 12, 2019, 09:38:36 pm »

BBEG?

Big Bad Evil Guy. Probably has a cape and a long, thin mustache he likes to twirl the ends of around his finger.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #191284 on: November 13, 2019, 12:52:11 pm »

Despite everything, I'm just feeling well. Just... well. And that's nice.

Haven't even taken my meds yet, so that's nice.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191285 on: November 14, 2019, 05:52:39 am »

Just found this. Not 100% safe for work, but one of the best things I've seen recently. I'm really hoping it takes off.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191286 on: November 14, 2019, 01:30:46 pm »

Just found this. Not 100% safe for work, but one of the best things I've seen recently. I'm really hoping it takes off.

I thought this was excellent, but as a 'pilot' I think it could do better, because a pilot wants to show what the show is like when it's up and started, whereas this uses up its entire run-time introducing the setting, characters, and premise. Which was all really fun, but that's not how every episode is going to be, is it? That's really what would make or break the show, and what a pilot is meant to demonstrate. I'm reminded of what was the pilot for the Powerpuff Girls, it was an adventure where Bubble's pigtails are transformed into chicken drum sticks and whipping the shit out of an alien hillbilly; that was fun, and it worked at selling the concept of the show.

It mean, this is such amazing high quality it'd definitely catch people's attention, and Elsie Lovelock is knocking out outta the fucking park as she always does. Now I'm just so curious what the first plotline is going to be like.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #191287 on: November 14, 2019, 02:56:54 pm »

Year or so ago, my favorite hole-in-the-wall Mediterranean / Iraqi restaurant closed down. Super bummed, I'd get chicken kababs, lentil soup, nann bread and black tea for a super simple yet filling and enjoyable meal.

Today we tried a place down the street from there that just opened, and it's almost a carbon copy of the old place. I got pretty much the same meal, and it was equally simple and delicious!
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191288 on: November 15, 2019, 07:42:04 pm »

My boss fought for four months to get my tier of manager some raises and we got some raises just before Christmas.

She's one of the best people.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191289 on: November 20, 2019, 01:07:52 am »

I've started homebrewing game stuff again. Nothing as ambitious as my last attempt at building a system, but it's nice to create.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191290 on: November 20, 2019, 10:53:42 am »

I have a date on Saturday.  :D
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191291 on: November 20, 2019, 10:58:54 am »

I have a date on Saturday.  :D

It's November 23rd.

Also, congratulations.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191292 on: November 20, 2019, 02:06:30 pm »

I never felt so good and so unsure about my skills but I feel great!

I solved a probelom which was basicly my grade for a course from last semester onlywith knowladge I was definitly suppose to think about from before that, and I talk to the lecturer in Monday so Icould probobly get a good grade!
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #191293 on: November 20, 2019, 03:11:51 pm »

Had a date today, it went well. We'll see where it goes, but was promising.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191294 on: November 20, 2019, 08:35:08 pm »

My little guy had outpatient surgery. Had a minor defect from being premature, corrected no problem, recovering beautifully.

All his favorite people like his grandma and aunts and such are coming over to make a giant fuss over him and he gets to play Mariokart as much as he wants, while only consuming the finest of grilled cheeses, applesauces, and iced creams. So he's pretty ok all things considered.
Pages: 1 ... 12751 12752 [12753] 12754 12755 ... 13310