Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12774 12775 [12776] 12777 12778 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14384532 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: [Awoo] A wolfgirl isn't just for christmas (Happy thread)
« Reply #191625 on: December 18, 2019, 04:39:49 am »

Otsoburuak dira
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #191626 on: December 18, 2019, 03:41:01 pm »

Just remember: there is someone, somewhere out there, aroused by this Thread’s title.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #191627 on: December 18, 2019, 04:44:33 pm »

Just remember: there is someone, somewhere out there, aroused by this Thread’s title.
And strangely enough, it isn't me.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #191629 on: December 20, 2019, 12:19:01 am »

And strangely enough, it isn't me.

Not enough wolfgirls in a sexy elf costume this year?

I never got the appeal of that sort of dress-up, to be fair. But, then again I've never had any sort of normal human relationship, so whatever.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191630 on: December 20, 2019, 08:25:09 am »

I... got a call for a job, kinda starting tomorrow. This is the same people that called me the other day with wild promises of mountains of cash (relatively speaking) and I dismissed as a prank call of sorts or whatever.

If understood correctly, tomorrow would be a tour of the place I'll be supervising and well start in January after the holidays. I don't have high hopes on this as stills seems like a prank or maybe one of the be your own boss pyramidal schemes... but if this turns to be true it would mean going back to a "nomal" life and the end of really, really horrid almost three years of shitty luck. I'll also mean being able to save up more money to the eventual but unavoidable trip to live anywhere else were pete can grow up safe.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 08:26:51 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191631 on: December 20, 2019, 08:45:43 am »

I... got a call for a job, kinda starting tomorrow. This is the same people that called me the other day with wild promises of mountains of cash (relatively speaking) and I dismissed as a prank call of sorts or whatever.

If understood correctly, tomorrow would be a tour of the place I'll be supervising and well start in January after the holidays. I don't have high hopes on this as stills seems like a prank or maybe one of the be your own boss pyramidal schemes... but if this turns to be true it would mean going back to a "nomal" life and the end of really, really horrid almost three years of shitty luck. I'll also mean being able to save up more money to the eventual but unavoidable trip to live anywhere else were pete can grow up safe.

Awesome. Congratulations, if it works out.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191632 on: December 20, 2019, 09:06:20 am »

So I gave my supervisor my resignation letter, which will come into effect on March 1st. I felt I absolutely had to, as I got called into HR, and that was basically the "It's now or never." signal for me. The HR-Language was infuriating by itself, but constructed to try to talk me out of it, and really the only thing that pushed me over the edge was the feeling of inevitability; that it had to happen sooner or later. It was originally going to be set to be effective January 5th, but I felt having some extra time for my team to adapt and to allow myself more leeway for finding new means for myself wouldn't hurt.

Now that it's over, I can look forward to my life again. Or atleast, the hope that I can have a life... ever, atleast once in my life, I'd like to have a life. I don't even know what it's like, I've never had one, I've always been a subhuman persistently clinging to the ambiguous state between living and dead, but maybe now I can live. Maybe.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 09:09:13 am by JoshuaFH »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191633 on: December 20, 2019, 09:12:22 am »

Best of luck with this, Baal. :)

And Joshua, I'm glad to hear that you're taking steps to live for yourself. :)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #191634 on: December 20, 2019, 09:32:26 am »

So I gave my supervisor my resignation letter, which will come into effect on March 1st. I felt I absolutely had to, as I got called into HR, and that was basically the "It's now or never." signal for me. The HR-Language was infuriating by itself, but constructed to try to talk me out of it, and really the only thing that pushed me over the edge was the feeling of inevitability; that it had to happen sooner or later. It was originally going to be set to be effective January 5th, but I felt having some extra time for my team to adapt and to allow myself more leeway for finding new means for myself wouldn't hurt.

Now that it's over, I can look forward to my life again. Or atleast, the hope that I can have a life... ever, atleast once in my life, I'd like to have a life. I don't even know what it's like, I've never had one, I've always been a subhuman persistently clinging to the ambiguous state between living and dead, but maybe now I can live. Maybe.
I sympathize as I've found myself on that position twice over the last year. Best of luck.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #191635 on: December 20, 2019, 10:24:13 am »

Someone lost their phone in the parking lot outside my building earlier. Not really having experience with this sort of matter, I tried fumbling around with ways of getting in contact with the owner before she eventually called her phone and I confirmed that it was safe and sound and arranged a handover.

The thing had apparently been missing for almost an hour, so she was very relieved to learn that a somewhat trustworthy individual had picked it up instead of just leaving it out in the snow at tire-crushing level. Always nice making people happy.

I mean, the downside of this is that today is apparently an awkward day and I was rather much a dork for most of the talking I've been doing, and also someone has now gotten to see my absolutely abysmal handwriting (I took a picture of a note explaining the phone situation, in the event she used shared photo storage and could see it on a different device), but ah well.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191636 on: December 20, 2019, 01:33:17 pm »

I feel like trash today, so I decided to eat trash for lunch. The lady at the drivethru was so pleasant and happy that I felt something good today.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191638 on: December 21, 2019, 12:14:44 am »

Someone lost their phone in the parking lot outside my building earlier. Not really having experience with this sort of matter, I tried fumbling around with ways of getting in contact with the owner before she eventually called her phone and I confirmed that it was safe and sound and arranged a handover.

I had a somewhat related experience, but different end of the stick.

I did some late-night shopping at the supermarket and was coming home while playing a game on my phone, some lanky dude started following me for a bit, and shined a flashlight in my face and on my phone and kept looking at my phone. I should not it was pitch dark, and my eyes weren't dark-adjused due to looking at a bright screen. These were the backstreets between the supermarket and my house however so I was familiar with the route. Kinda freaked me out, so I just kept walking hoping nothing weird was going to happen.

A little later that dude came right up behind me, still with the flashlight glaring and said "hey you" or something similar. I was thinking "oh god what the fuck, I have to deal with some random asshole when I'm just trying to go home" right then.

Then he said "have you seen an iPhone6?", and because of the suddenness I could just manage a bark of "un, no I haven't" or similar. Though after that the incident started to make sense. He's looking for a phone, someone is walking along and that person "just happens" to be looking at a phone: "maybe they've got my phone!", which makes sense until you realize just about every fucking person these days walks around looking at their phone a lot of the time.

Although I have a feeling the guy isn't very socially adept. Have I seen a phone lying around, in the middle of night, in a pitch dark back street, while I'm walking along staring at a brightly-lit screen? And to top that off, the expectation that I'd notice this small block of plastic lying on the ground and be able to note the make and model. A more sensible approach, once he'd realize my cheap Android phone is definitely not any sort of "iPhone" (like that would even be a clue) would be a polite, "excuse me" followed by a "I've lost my phone, it's an iPhone 6, you haven't seen anything like that have you?". Because if he was at least polite I might have offered to try calling the phone rather than running away.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 12:23:55 am by Reelya »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #191639 on: December 21, 2019, 02:27:28 pm »

My cousin lost his phone while drunk one night and ended up in a multi-year romance.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 12774 12775 [12776] 12777 12778 ... 13310