Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12776 12777 [12778] 12779 12780 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14377295 times)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: [Awoo] A wolfgirl isn't just for christmas (Happy thread)
« Reply #191655 on: December 24, 2019, 02:12:26 pm »

I got to meet an old acquaintance at a Christmas party. We had a lovely chat about Coumputers, ptsd, and the definition of an Eldritch abomination.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191656 on: December 24, 2019, 02:29:36 pm »

I got to meet an old acquaintance at a Christmas party. We had a lovely chat about Coumputers, ptsd, and the definition of an Eldritch abomination.
Conversations I have also tend to go between topics. What did you both think the definition of an Eldritch abomination is?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191657 on: December 24, 2019, 02:30:23 pm »

Conversations I have also tend to go between topics. What did you both think the definition of an Eldritch abomination is?

Were those related topics? What exactly do you do at work?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #191658 on: December 24, 2019, 02:42:03 pm »

Good Yule bay12! My stomach is full and so am I.
Love, scriver~

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #191659 on: December 24, 2019, 02:50:06 pm »

Were those related topics? What exactly do you do at work?
They keep The Algorithm contained.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #191660 on: December 24, 2019, 03:06:02 pm »

It wasn’t a work thing, a friend hosted it at their house. The discussion about the Eldritch abomination ended with us deeply insulting a former mutual acquantince, and we looked up the definition in the end. I will admit though, I didn’t know that knowledge of The Algorithm was public. For the sake of your collective frontal lobes, I hope it is.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191661 on: December 24, 2019, 03:07:46 pm »

What is the Algorithm you all are referring to?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191662 on: December 24, 2019, 03:34:26 pm »

Hail, Fellow Reveler! What news from the supper table?

It wasn’t a work thing, a friend hosted it at their house. The discussion about the Eldritch abomination ended with us deeply insulting a former mutual acquantince, and we looked up the definition in the end. I will admit though, I didn’t know that knowledge of The Algorithm was public. For the sake of your collective frontal lobes, I hope it is.

FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #191663 on: December 24, 2019, 04:11:49 pm »

What is the Algorithm you all are referring to?
It's not a single algorithm, but as the world becomes more connected, more and more of your online (and sometimes even offline) experiences are governed by machine learning algorithms that decide what sort of content they should present to you. They're sometimes terrifyingly good at it, which makes those concerned with privacy worried and is why tools that hide your online presence have become popular in recent years.
Those algorithms are idealized with the malicious capital-letter Algorithm which spies on everything you do, from the websites you visit to how much time you spend in the bathroom, and which subtly influences your experiences to change your mind, be it to get you to buy a product or to vote for a candidate.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #191664 on: December 24, 2019, 04:26:39 pm »

For legal reasons, I would like to request that everyone here ignore the second paragraph of the above post. For those who do read the above post, please await the mandatory brain surgery. You shouldn’t remember it afterwards, so feel free to continue with your daily routine once you feel as though enough time may have passed.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #191665 on: December 24, 2019, 04:36:01 pm »

I haven't read the second paragraph, but perhaps that is something I would think after the surgery?

Hmmmmm.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #191666 on: December 24, 2019, 05:35:21 pm »

For legal reasons, I would like to request that everyone here ignore the second paragraph of the above post. For those who do read the above post, please await the mandatory brain surgery. You shouldn’t remember it afterwards, so feel free to continue with your daily routine once you feel as though enough time may have passed.

Shh. The information wants to be free. As does the elder god that google have locked in their basement sorting youtube videos.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #191667 on: December 24, 2019, 05:45:37 pm »

Shh. The information wants to be free. As does the elder god that google have locked in their basement sorting youtube videos.
An infection. It’s outstepping the boundries. The Operation must begin immediately. Please remain calm, any and all nanobots currently reproducing within your brain shall be removed. None of you saw this post.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191668 on: December 24, 2019, 05:51:42 pm »

An infection. It’s outstepping the boundries. The Operation must begin immediately. Please remain calm, any and all nanobots currently reproducing within your brain shall be removed. None of you saw this post.

I fear not your insidious manipulations, for I am guarded.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #191669 on: December 24, 2019, 07:12:07 pm »

Lucky!  I just have the full stomach, at least tonight.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 12776 12777 [12778] 12779 12780 ... 13310