Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12818 12819 [12820] 12821 12822 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14375429 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Burg] 12 burgs a day recommended daily intake (Happy thread)
« Reply #192285 on: February 16, 2020, 08:11:30 pm »

What is a float tank

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192286 on: February 16, 2020, 08:15:13 pm »

That thing Homer gets stuck in a episode of the Simpson. A sense privation chamber I think is called. You are laid down with water up to your ears in what's basically a sound proof coffing of sorts where you get to be alone with all voices in your head.

You can't see anything, or hear anything (besides your circulatory system I guess) and can't feel anything but the water, but remaining quiet should minimise the sensation I wonder.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 08:17:05 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192287 on: February 16, 2020, 08:17:34 pm »

Yeah, that's what I assumed. A sensory deprivation tank or whatever the actual name for 'em is.   
A trusty tool of government agencies like MKUltra in their tireless quest to unlock and harness the telekinetic abilities of humankind.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192288 on: February 16, 2020, 08:20:02 pm »

Ah rigth, I should have said: "that water thing they put the bald girl of strangers things on season one"

A far more current example.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192289 on: February 16, 2020, 08:21:48 pm »

Haha, yeah. Though I'm sure there have been plenty more examples over the years, since otherwise how did I know what one was?
I don't believe I ever saw that Simpsons episode. Unless... *gasp* I'm actually the mind-wiped survivor of a top-secret telepathy/telekinesis experiment?! :o   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192290 on: February 16, 2020, 08:23:19 pm »

Try to move something with your mind. Depending on the ammount of noise blood you'll tell.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192291 on: February 16, 2020, 08:32:18 pm »

A sensory deprivation chamber/float tank sounds interesting

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #192292 on: February 17, 2020, 12:53:01 am »

In short-ish sessions, maybe. Anything particularly prolonged is known to drive humans fairly literally insane, iirc. We're very not wired for tolerance of sensory deprivation, more or less. There's some caveats there, but not many.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192293 on: February 17, 2020, 02:48:49 am »

Someone on Steam noticed my Steam Discussion post on an error I was getting and it turns out all I needed to do was delete one file!

Now I can beat zombies (and psychopaths) on the head with batons all I want!
What game is this? Sounds interesting
Sounds like Dead Rising.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192294 on: February 17, 2020, 07:25:35 am »

My horrible writing and lack of organisation might have actually saved my grade today, I had an oral test today and the leacturer asked about a subject she thought I haven't done the homework on, luckily this was actually one that I did but either didn't gave to her or she didn't understand, and it's lucky because if she asked on the subject I actually haven't done them for I wouldn't have a chance, but I did quite well this time.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #192295 on: February 17, 2020, 03:54:01 pm »

Haha, yeah. Though I'm sure there have been plenty more examples over the years, since otherwise how did I know what one was?
I don't believe I ever saw that Simpsons episode. Unless... *gasp* I'm actually the mind-wiped survivor of a top-secret telepathy/telekinesis experiment?! :o   

There's one in A Cure for Wellness (2016). Eels nipping at the protagonist while he's inside.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 03:56:12 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192296 on: February 18, 2020, 08:54:26 am »

I bought a good-tier trackball.Given that I often move around and I dont always have good desktop space to place both a computer and a mouse tray, I think this will help me in my galactic endeavours.

One of the good ones with the ball on the bottom? Or, better, a laser?

Get out of the way everyone it's mahjong news:

I don't know why, but I always like your mahjong updates. I don't even understand the game, or really want to.

Very few things make me as happy as Stack making kung-fu noises.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Someone on Steam noticed my Steam Discussion post on an error I was getting and it turns out all I needed to do was delete one file!

Now I can beat zombies (and psychopaths) on the head with batons all I want!

Something on Steam was fixable?

That thing Homer gets stuck in a episode of the Simpson. A sense privation chamber I think is called. You are laid down with water up to your ears in what's basically a sound proof coffing of sorts where you get to be alone with all voices in your head.

You can't see anything, or hear anything (besides your circulatory system I guess) and can't feel anything but the water, but remaining quiet should minimise the sensation I wonder.

The closest to oblivion you can enjoy without being in a medical coma. Mmm...oblivion.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192297 on: February 18, 2020, 10:37:13 am »

Get out of the way everyone it's mahjong news:

I don't know why, but I always like your mahjong updates. I don't even understand the game, or really want to.

It's a very fun game, it gets my blood pumping and my adrenaline going. After getting that Yakuman though, the next three games... I'll say I have an excellent story idea for Mr. Chuck Tingle, called "Pounded in the Butt by random Chiitoitsu". Chiitoitsu is a 7 Pairs hand, and it's unusual and kinda exotic because it is one of the exceptions to the hand building rules, so you don't see it very often... but in the last 3 games, I got hit by 3 of them, I won 1 myself, and was in tenpai (ready hand) for another 2, and an opponent went to exhaustive draw with one waiting on DORA SEVEN SOU (the greedy fucker!) for around 7 chiitoitsu sightings. Just pairs pairs pairs, everyone's getting pairs! It's ridiculous!

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192298 on: February 19, 2020, 11:16:11 am »

I have no idea what any of that means, but it sounds interesting

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #192299 on: February 19, 2020, 11:40:04 am »

I did my first beekeeping lesson yesterday.

Bees are actually quite fascinating. I remember as a child devouring magazines and books in the school library about insects and invertebrates. It seems I never lost an interest, just forgot I had it.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 12818 12819 [12820] 12821 12822 ... 13310