Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12880 12881 [12882] 12883 12884 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14374328 times)

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
Re: [FBK]🍔 BIG FUBUKING HAMBAHGA 🍔(Happy thread)
« Reply #193215 on: May 18, 2020, 07:36:54 pm »

I finally got my driver's license after 2 months of waiting. I have almost no use for it right now, but it's a real, honest-to-god driver's license, so that's nice. The test was on the day before the lockdown started in my country, which is why it took so long.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193216 on: May 18, 2020, 07:42:11 pm »

I finally got my driver's license after 2 months of waiting. I have almost no use for it right now, but it's a real, honest-to-god driver's license, so that's nice. The test was on the day before the lockdown started in my country, which is why it took so long.
Ooh, you'll love this then: my home state is giving out licenses without the driving test, only the written.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193217 on: May 18, 2020, 08:06:56 pm »

I think anybody who already uses a driver's license regularly is worse off for that...
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #193218 on: May 19, 2020, 01:43:44 pm »

Jesus that's terrifying. No actual driving test for your license is just madness
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #193219 on: May 19, 2020, 01:53:37 pm »

I mean, is it, though? I passed my first driving test with all of two times behind a wheel, and all of one short session in terms of vaguely explicit instructions. No learner period, no driving classes, no meaningful experience elseways. Still passed, first try. Woefully underprepared, didn't matter :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193220 on: May 19, 2020, 03:13:04 pm »

I also passed the drivers test easily, however I had a semester of driver's ED, and a very good teacher.

My best friend however got his learner's permit at 25, practiced til he was 27.  Aced the written test every time, and failed the actual driving test 3 times.  And not on silly technicalities either.  One he told me is that he failed on the test track by turning right but turning right into the oncoming lane instead of the proper one, though he blamed that on confusing track layout.  One test he failed I was there for because his family was tired of driving him, so I did instead.  He got to the live road section on a 6 lane road and ran a red on a major intersection because he didn't realize he had to keep the brake petal held down, inched out into the road, then panicked and just went. 

He's still my best friend and he admits he's not a good driver, he usually insists I drive everywhere, but when I am in the car now he is the safest driver I know. There are people out there who ABSOLUTELY need to take live drivers tests in order to learn from those kinds of dangerous mistakes so that they don't make them again.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #193221 on: May 19, 2020, 03:43:19 pm »

I passed on my third driving exam attempt.

Today, coincidentally, I ran a red light. Don't have any excuse for it, just absent-mindedness. Didn't even see the lights until I was already halfway across the crossing.

It's actually the second time this has happened in the last few weeks. I need to get more focused when driving.
Love, scriver~

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #193222 on: May 19, 2020, 04:54:10 pm »

I remember having my driving exam scheduled on the immediate aftermath of a snowstorm, where most of the streets were unplowed. I did a three point turn off of a giant pile of snow. I also failed! (Wrong lane, my foot! There's piles of snow there and the car provided by the driving school was garbo)
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193223 on: May 20, 2020, 11:04:47 am »

Ooh, you'll love this then: my home state is giving out licenses without the driving test, only the written.

I'd like to see surrounding states start refusing to recognize those licenses as valid.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #193224 on: May 20, 2020, 01:00:53 pm »

Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #193225 on: May 20, 2020, 10:54:15 pm »

I've been processing star pictures in a new way that makes them less... black over black. You see more stars, but it ruins the colors (that's a shame on some constellations... I've a very nice picture of Ophiuchus and you can appretiate red giants). Still, they are a bit crisper.

The refurbished reflex camera I ordered hasn't arrived yet. I expect to have better results with that... we'll see...
For now, I continue using the SX730

Here are the pics I processed using this new system. Thoughts?

Edit: something interesting happened after despeckling the lower image in GIMP: now there are *more* stars visible than before. You can even see Delphinus and parts of capricorn.

Time is around 5:30 AM.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 11:53:44 pm by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #193226 on: May 21, 2020, 09:54:48 am »

Come back when you got any of them blurry out of focus UFO pictures   :P
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193227 on: May 21, 2020, 10:02:52 am »

I've been processing star pictures in a new way that makes them less... black over black. You see more stars, but it ruins the colors (that's a shame on some constellations... I've a very nice picture of Ophiuchus and you can appretiate red giants). Still, they are a bit crisper.

The refurbished reflex camera I ordered hasn't arrived yet. I expect to have better results with that... we'll see...
For now, I continue using the SX730

Here are the pics I processed using this new system. Thoughts?

Edit: something interesting happened after despeckling the lower image in GIMP: now there are *more* stars visible than before. You can even see Delphinus and parts of capricorn.

Time is around 5:30 AM.
i like these pictures

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #193228 on: May 21, 2020, 12:42:24 pm »

While I was running, a car slowed down beside me with what looked like a family in it, and a guy leaned out the window and offered me a bottle of water.

I said no, because I was near my house, and you know, COvid-19... is a thing?

Still a very heartwarming gesture. I'm not used to random kindness from complete strangers.
One wheel short of a wagon

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193229 on: May 21, 2020, 10:12:42 pm »

Maybe they were a family of rapists that wanted to drug you? I say you doged a bullet.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!
Pages: 1 ... 12880 12881 [12882] 12883 12884 ... 13310