Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12881 12882 [12883] 12884 12885 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14545160 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [FBK]🍔 BIG FUBUKING HAMBAHGA 🍔(Happy thread)
« Reply #193230 on: May 22, 2020, 01:35:04 am »

The family that rapes together, stays together?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #193231 on: May 22, 2020, 04:07:18 am »

My phone is back! It's back from the dead! All that stuff about it being "beyond economic repair", that was just bullshit. I'm honestly thrilled that it's working now. I guess it'd be a good idea to not drop the thing again, though.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #193232 on: May 22, 2020, 04:32:41 am »

How did you fix it? By dropping it again at the right angle?
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #193233 on: May 22, 2020, 05:16:06 am »

Nah, it's the most boring answer: took it to a phone repair shop, and paid them to do surgery on my phone.

The screen was just gone. It's because I dropped it flat, screen-first, which means the screen got damaged to the point where it would display garbage. It only half-responded to touch input, so that likely indicates a broken digitizer, too. Also, I'm pretty sure that the display connector (and a bunch of other things, I'm betting) got loose, since it stopped displaying anything hours after dropping it. There was nothing saving that screen.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #193234 on: May 22, 2020, 10:29:46 am »

Yeah, I've had my screen replaced before. It was better than getting a new phone, but not by much. The price of the new screen was like a third the price of the phone.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #193235 on: May 22, 2020, 07:40:07 pm »

I did an amateur thing to help me understand how three suns orbiting an unmoving planet would appear in the sky at different times. It's probably inaccurate as hell, but was fun to do!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193236 on: May 22, 2020, 08:02:11 pm »

I did an amateur thing to help me understand how three suns orbiting an unmoving planet would appear in the sky at different times. It's probably inaccurate as hell, but was fun to do!
The planet would have to be very very big to be the bars enter of a system. I am now curious how big. Are all of the starts the same mass? Or differing masses?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #193237 on: May 22, 2020, 08:09:32 pm »

So things are getting interesting. There might be a long locum job elsewhere in another hospital.  Oddly enough the same place that was  approaching me about a junior post a couple of weeks ago (I have my suspicions about that)

... we'll see what happens.  I'm going to try for the perm post. If I dont get it I dont lose anything. So....
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193238 on: May 22, 2020, 09:49:09 pm »

So things are getting interesting. There might be a long locum job elsewhere in another hospital.  Oddly enough the same place that was  approaching me about a junior post a couple of weeks ago (I have my suspicions about that)

... we'll see what happens.  I'm going to try for the perm post. If I dont get it I dont lose anything. So....

Hope it works out.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #193239 on: May 22, 2020, 10:23:43 pm »

We'll see. TBH if I dont get the permanent I'd almost rather do the 6 month temp contract rather than the 2 year one. I mean 2 years is a big commitment. (and yes I know I can quit if I dont like where things are heading but still, at this point I think that lacking something permanent it's better to have something mid-lenght rather than something very long -let alone an indefinite, nonpermanent contract which is the worst of both worlds- .  A mid lenght contract... I think that if things arent going well its not a big commitment to either side. And if things ARE going well, it kind of ensures that both parties will work in good faith as if there's no agreement it ends after six months.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193240 on: May 22, 2020, 11:18:00 pm »

The planet would have to be very very big to be the bars enter of a system. I am now curious how big. Are all of the starts the same mass? Or differing masses?

The stars wouldn't really be orbiting the planet, they'd be orbiting the gravitational center of the system (with a planet happening to be there). The sun in our own system isn't at the gravitational center, it and the inner planets loop around the center in a weird but apparently somewhat stable pattern due to the influence of the larger outer planets. Planets in other systems are usually detected by looking at this wobble, I think, or rather measuring the cyclic change in wavelength caused by it.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #193241 on: May 22, 2020, 11:32:38 pm »

Th4DwarfY1 confirmed as geocentrist

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #193242 on: May 22, 2020, 11:59:30 pm »

NG you should read the Three Body Problem/Remembrance of Earth's Past trilogy

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #193243 on: May 23, 2020, 12:03:31 am »

I also recommend Three Body Problem - it's a quick and easy read.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193244 on: May 23, 2020, 12:12:48 am »

Since the seeds I sewed in the garden just freaking REFUSED to germinate, (but the weeds had no problems growing!) I broke down and bought live plants.

Got them all in earlier today! Look good too!  Nevermind how terrible this image is, the "work phone" has a horrible camera that is ALWAYS out of focus, and takes the most awful pictures, but it's what I had handy.

Spoiler: Garden (click to show/hide)

Did it all with a shovel too.  Still got lots more to do, and I had to repair my shovel today with a home-made handle* after that garbage fiberglass handle gave up the ghost, but I am pleased that there is at least something growing in the garden I have been busting my hump working.

*I had some unwanted trees that needed removal, and one of them was pretty tall and straight, and the right diameter and length.  I chopped it down, then uses a hand-axe to clean it up and shape it, then installed it as a replacement handle for the shovel blade.  Seems to be working so far. Actually working better than the fiberglass one.
Pages: 1 ... 12881 12882 [12883] 12884 12885 ... 13312