Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12883 12884 [12885] 12886 12887 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14540531 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: [FBK]🍔 BIG FUBUKING HAMBAHGA 🍔(Happy thread)
« Reply #193260 on: May 30, 2020, 06:44:50 pm »

So I did an experiment.

My telescope is fairly modest as an astronomical piece, with a relatively low aperture of 90mm. It does have a fairly impressive focal lenght of 1250mm, though. So I thought, hey, what if I used it as a humongous reflex camera prime lens, for terrestial photography?

And, well, I'm still getting the knack of the camera settings, and you have to focus the scope by hand, but even so...  the results are promising.

This is a mountain peak situated some 5km from where I was shooting from.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I had another one in which you could actually see a mountain goat moving around , but I didnt upload those because they were more clearly out of focus.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 06:56:59 pm by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #193261 on: May 30, 2020, 06:58:44 pm »

This is cool.  Space is interesting, but Earth is vastly more accessible
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193262 on: May 30, 2020, 07:46:55 pm »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #193263 on: May 31, 2020, 12:35:10 am »

Tonight I went out to the terrace to take some night pics using my newly acquired knowledge on how to adjust the lens opening. So, the good thing is that I FINALLY took some quite decent pictures of the night sky.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

On the minus side.... those images aren't as clear as I'd like. After a lot of trial and error I figured out the problem: increasing the aperture reduced the needed exposure lenght and iso, but resulted in blurrier pictures (very blurry, if pushed fully open). I am getting closer to achieving a decent balance of all three factors, but still not fully there.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #193264 on: May 31, 2020, 06:44:53 am »

You always make me sing les Miserables chairman
Love, scriver~

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #193265 on: May 31, 2020, 01:08:28 pm »

All the stars in the night sky are actually blurry goats.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 01:10:27 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193266 on: May 31, 2020, 01:13:19 pm »

dont be absurd, they are spherical cows.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193267 on: May 31, 2020, 03:13:26 pm »

They are fireflies, that get stuck in that sticky black thing.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #193268 on: May 31, 2020, 04:21:34 pm »

Silly folks. A giant hedgehog rolled over the thin fabric of the sky, and where its spines punctured the cloth we see light.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193269 on: May 31, 2020, 04:23:07 pm »

Cloth? No, the black thing is clearly the exoskeleton of the Great Space Spider, who carries her glowing eggs on her body, we see those eggs and have called them stars

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #193270 on: May 31, 2020, 04:26:04 pm »

Stars are just an optical illusion when our eyes see something truly black. In actuality what lies beyond our thin, flimsy atmosphere is unbounded deepest void. The sun, moon, and stars are just points which appear to emit light to our unenlightened minds.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193271 on: May 31, 2020, 04:52:17 pm »

Lol, no. That's just your eyes being dirty. You gotta sandpaper those specks off.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193272 on: May 31, 2020, 05:04:31 pm »

A crazy fellow once told me they are giant gas balls burning millions of kilometers away.... pfff... what some people believe.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #193273 on: May 31, 2020, 09:12:31 pm »

Cloth? No, the black thing is clearly the exoskeleton of the Great Space Spider, who carries her glowing eggs on her body, we see those eggs and have called them stars

Wait, so how do we see them all around the sky then? Are we... inside the exoskeleton?

Also, NG confirmed as spider synth.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #193274 on: May 31, 2020, 09:45:32 pm »

I got my new canon lens, which has a wider angle than the 50mm lens I had previously, and more relevantly, is of overall higher quality.

I took some GRAND pictures of the milky way which I will post as soon as I´ve transferred them to my PC.
Pages: 1 ... 12883 12884 [12885] 12886 12887 ... 13312