Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12900 12901 [12902] 12903 12904 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14549320 times)

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
Re: [FBK]🍔 BIG FUBUKING HAMBAHGA 🍔(Happy thread)
« Reply #193515 on: June 21, 2020, 03:35:25 pm »

But happy feathers day regardless

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #193516 on: June 21, 2020, 05:56:00 pm »

The day we realise how plucked we are.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #193517 on: June 22, 2020, 12:30:19 am »

2020 is a waste of our time, because I was told there would be a handbasket

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #193518 on: June 22, 2020, 12:33:50 am »

Yeez, dont make a hen out of that
Love, scriver~

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193519 on: June 22, 2020, 01:19:39 am »

Hindsight is 2020.

Actually this whole 2020 clusterfuck is somehow ... working out for me really well.

First, I get to work from home now, and no longer work in a call center. This has improved my mental wellbeing, I don't have to talk to asshats on the phone anymore, as well as saving me time and money on commuting and helping me avoid the inevitable winter colds/flu I would be exposed to if I was working in the office. Also the role change is going to look good on the resume.

Second, the shitty person who had the lease on my house really dropped the ball, due to coronavirus financial issues, but I have no sympathy because he's a douche and pretty much brought it on himself by lying to the real estate and trying to avoid paying rent. *I* was still paying him, and the real estate found that out, kicked him off the lease, now the real estate wants me to be the leaseholder. Since I pay my bills. I was thinking of moving because the primary tenant was an asshole and also pocketing a fair bit more than the rent on these rooms are worth, but now i don't have to move, i get the rent cheaper and can control who else lives here, finally. EDIT: pretty sure I mentioned here once or twice that I didn't get a say in which other roommates live here. Well somehow I've managed to come out on top of that one.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 01:33:36 am by Reelya »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193520 on: June 22, 2020, 01:29:20 am »

I am kinda hoping that the financial implosion looming large over the horizon manages to be the doomsday scenario needed to kill the oligopoly players, and return the market to the form it was intended to be in, once again.

And, humorously--- I have lost >20lbs on the "No, going to the store poses an unconscionable risk to my residents, so I just won't go, and will instead pretend I am impoverished and eat lawn weeds" diet.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193521 on: June 22, 2020, 01:37:00 am »

Oh btw the good news is that they want me to sign the lease tomorrow. It's been in limbo for a while due to the situation with the previous leaseholder. Now I have to get electricity and gas on. Luckily, i technically work for an electricity and gas company right now.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #193522 on: June 22, 2020, 05:04:37 am »

I found an for rent add for a pitoresque little yard house in the old part of town, I'm thinking I have to apply. The add didn't make clear if they just wanted short stay visitors or was open to longer renters, though. But it's not like there's any harm in asking.

It's overpriced, of course, but so is everything in this town.
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #193523 on: June 22, 2020, 05:18:53 am »

I found an for rent add for a pitoresque little yard house in the old part of town, I'm thinking I have to apply. The add didn't make clear if they just wanted short stay visitors or was open to longer renters, though. But it's not like there's any harm in asking.

It's overpriced, of course, but so is everything in this town.
In a pintoresque little yard house there lived a Mörelander. Not a nasty, dirty, Smålander cottage, filled with
the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy Norwegian house with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a Mörelander house, and that means comfort.
It had a perfectly round door like a porthole, painted green, with a shiny
yellow brass knob in the exact middle. The door opened on to a tube-shaped hall like a tunnel: a very comfortable tunnel without smoke, with panelled walls, and floors tiled and carpeted, provided with polished chairs, and lots and lots of pegs for hats and coats - the Mörelander was fond of hats and coats.

The tunnel wound on and on,
going fairly but not quite straight into the side of the hill - The Hill, as all the
people for many miles round called it - and many little round doors opened out of it, first on one side and then on another, because the Morelander loved little round doors.

No going upstairs for the Mörelander:
bedrooms, bathrooms, cellars, pantries (lots of these), wardrobes (he had whole
rooms devoted to clothes... again, he LOVED hats and coats), kitchens, dining-rooms, all were on the same floor, and indeed on the same passage. The best rooms were all on the left-hand side (going
in), for these were the only ones to have windows, deep-set round windows
looking over his garden and meadows beyond, sloping down to the river. The Morelander loved windows, and he loved the left side of his house for this. He didnt love the right side because of the lack of windows and because of its uncommon Non-Euclidian geometry.

This Mörelander was a very well-to-do lutefisk salesman and his name was Scriver.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 06:54:02 am by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193524 on: June 22, 2020, 09:48:59 am »

Well, a house with non Euclidean geometry would certainly explain the high price

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #193525 on: June 22, 2020, 09:53:27 am »

Well, a house with non Euclidean geometry would certainly explain the high price
Technically all houses have a non-Euclidean geometry
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193526 on: June 22, 2020, 09:55:31 am »

Technically all houses have a non-Euclidean geometry
I thought this universe only has Euclidean geometry, though

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #193527 on: June 22, 2020, 09:59:32 am »

You just haven't looked at things from the right perspective
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #193528 on: June 22, 2020, 10:00:28 am »

Hardspace Shipbreaker is my new favourite morning game. It's wonderfully relaxing to sit back, chill out on my day off, and carve up spaceships slowly.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #193529 on: June 22, 2020, 10:01:36 am »

You just haven't looked at things from the right perspective
Yeah she has to look at it from a certain point of view. Usually the higher ground helps
Pages: 1 ... 12900 12901 [12902] 12903 12904 ... 13312