Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12908 12909 [12910] 12911 12912 ... 13311

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14509747 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: [AWOO] PREMIUM AWOOZONE put your awoos in here (Happy thread)
« Reply #193635 on: July 01, 2020, 05:09:08 pm »

Doin' a fourth of july thing in FFXIV, involving America-themed bard music.

Got the Most American Song Possible to work, played on a trombone. NSFW.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #193636 on: July 01, 2020, 08:34:51 pm »

I have come to the ultimate conclusion that I am asexual and aromantic. There’s always been something about both romance and sex that I’ve never really gotten, they’ve always been things that other people are interested in. I don’t get crushes, and I’ve never once in my life looked at something and thought ‘I want to have sex with that’. So I suppose the antidepressants have been helping.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #193637 on: July 01, 2020, 08:48:32 pm »

Hey, high-five. The more of us who discover themselves, the sooner we'll be able to coup the Sexuals and establish and eteranal sexless dystopia state!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193638 on: July 01, 2020, 08:54:12 pm »

Hey, high-five. The more of us who discover themselves, the sooner we'll be able to coup the Sexuals and establish and eteranal sexless dystopia state!

Spoiler: Excuse me but (click to show/hide)
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #193639 on: July 01, 2020, 08:59:03 pm »

Never has a more apt combination of words been uttered.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #193640 on: July 01, 2020, 09:18:42 pm »

Slannesh can mataphorically suck it.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #193641 on: July 01, 2020, 09:22:28 pm »

Seriously.  It's "She who thirsts", not "She who is ever satisfied".
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193642 on: July 01, 2020, 09:32:56 pm »

Naww... We dont need the junior anti-sex league or anything. 

I would just be happy with a change in the status-quo, where "But the kind of sex I do!! The kinds of sex I do!!! IT's SUPER IMPORTANT TO ME!"  is seriously looked down on as being absurd, and people stop, simultaneously and collectively, being any of the following.

Machismo Man is Macho, and builds his identity around preening and trying to impress Super Feminine Woman.
Super Feminine Woman builds her sense of self-worth around how much she can bend Machismo Man around her little finger, while simultaneously decrying the pathetic sexism he expresses like a cliche. (The paradox of this condition is completely lost to her.)
Cliche homosexual male builds his sense of identity exclusively around his interest for other homosexual males (and not around, say--- the various bits of his personality that make him unique.)
Cliche homosexual female builds her identity similarly to homosexual male, but seems a little more stable about it.
Incel Man whines incessantly about how Feminine Woman claims to want him, but then ignores him systemically-- Goes on to make a total ass of himself in a comical hyper-parody of Machismo Man.
Incel Girl whines (but not as disgustingly) about how all men are pigs.

and instead we have this to replace it:

Sexual people assert that they have sexual impulse, and assert their preference, but they do not make it the central edifice of their lives, because the notion of what kind of sex you like is simply not important in an asex dominated society, and thus lacks the political gravitas seen in the "Machismo Man and Feminine Woman" socionormative dynamic. (EG, people do not get fucking stoned to death for not liking a specific kind of sex, because asex-normative people "Just don't fucking care what you like or not, it is not important to them." As long as it does not cause a horrible disruption or cause someone/thing physical or emotional harm, it's all the same thing, and they personally just dont want any of it, so you are free to have all you want, just dont involve them in it.)

Junior anti-sex league is going too far.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193643 on: July 01, 2020, 09:38:37 pm »

Naww... We dont need the junior anti-sex league or anything. 

I would just be happy with a change in the status-quo, where "But the kind of sex I do!! The kinds of sex I do!!! IT's SUPER IMPORTANT TO ME!"  is seriously looked down on as being absurd, and people stop, simultaneously and collectively, being any of the following.

Machismo Man is Macho, and builds his identity around preening and trying to impress Super Feminine Woman.
Super Feminine Woman builds her sense of self-worth around how much she can bend Machismo Man around her little finger, while simultaneously decrying the pathetic sexism he expresses like a cliche. (The paradox of this condition is completely lost to her.)
Cliche homosexual male builds his sense of identity exclusively around his interest for other homosexual males (and not around, say--- the various bits of his personality that make him unique.)
Cliche homosexual female builds her identity similarly to homosexual male, but seems a little more stable about it.
Incel Man whines incessantly about how Feminine Woman claims to want him, but then ignores him systemically-- Goes on to make a total ass of himself in a comical hyper-parody of Machismo Man.
Incel Girl whines (but not as disgustingly) about how all men are pigs.

and instead we have this to replace it:

Sexual people assert that they have sexual impulse, and assert their preference, but they do not make it the central edifice of their lives, because the notion of what kind of sex you like is simply not important in an asex dominated society, and thus lacks the political gravitas seen in the "Machismo Man and Feminine Woman" socionormative dynamic. (EG, people do not get fucking stoned to death for not liking a specific kind of sex, because asex-normative people "Just don't fucking care what you like or not, it is not important to them." As long as it does not cause a horrible disruption or cause someone/thing physical or emotional harm, it's all the same thing, and they personally just dont want any of it, so you are free to have all you want, just dont involve them in it.)

Junior anti-sex league is going too far.
I agree with this, I’m surprised to learn that people base their identities around sex, and I don’t like that that (basing identity around sex) is done.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193644 on: July 01, 2020, 09:43:11 pm »

I think the disorientation comes from different perspectives (picture above is a 70mm piece, below a 24mm one). Also the exposure results in extra stars showing up which makes stuff look different than to the naked eye
The lack of scale reference is definitely one thing, and the extra stars also make a difference - it always takes me a bit to readjust whenever I find myself in an area with low light pollution.
But I think it might have more to do with how point sources of varying brightness are captured as extended images of varying size.
For example, to a naked eye, Deneb is unmistakeably the brightest star of the bunch in that area. But on the photo it's just a slightly larger white circle.

Speaking of stargazing - the morning sky has all four major planets strung from east to west. They're very prominent around 4 AM on northern mid-lattitudes, when the sky begins to brighten and stars start to fade. Although capturing them all on one photo would likely require a wide-angle lens. Jupiter and Saturn are right next to one another, though.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #193645 on: July 01, 2020, 09:47:55 pm »

Would love to do that, but we have cloudy skies today :(

I have a picture of mars from yesterday, but 300mm only. Wasnt able to use the telescope because my viewfinder is out of batteries :/
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193646 on: July 01, 2020, 10:23:33 pm »

This popped up in my Youtube recommendations. Never heard of it before, but glad I watched it.
Hahaha gosh, this is pretty fun. At first I was having doubts but the titular character is just too cute.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #193647 on: July 02, 2020, 12:08:22 am »

There’s always been something about both romance and sex that I’ve never really gotten

There's something I also don't get about this and it's it heyooo

Edit: it was supposed to be I I swear :(
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 12:16:51 am by scriver »
Love, scriver~

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #193648 on: July 02, 2020, 12:41:57 am »

I don't think I could get myself to get up at 4am for a shot. Lotta kudos to those who can.

I can't get up at 4am, but I can sure stay awake until then. :P
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193649 on: July 02, 2020, 02:54:57 am »

Taking a picture at 4AM would be easy for me since I'm always awake around then anyway.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 12908 12909 [12910] 12911 12912 ... 13311