Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12937 12938 [12939] 12940 12941 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14560837 times)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
Re: [AWOO] PREMIUM AWOOZONE put your awoos in here (Happy thread)
« Reply #194070 on: August 10, 2020, 09:29:23 am »

Before asking whether someone should make an open-source Sims ask whether there seems to be room in the market for another Sims-like game.
I know a game called Paralives is trying to get in on the 'life simulator' niche and it boasts a supposedly superior building functionality.

The cost is in hand-crafting all the animations. The point in this is that nobody has made anything remotely similar in the amount of content they have, and there are commercial games that have tried, which all fall far short.

Procedural Animation!
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194071 on: August 10, 2020, 10:48:51 am »

Before asking whether someone should make an open-source Sims ask whether there seems to be room in the market for another Sims-like game.
I know a game called Paralives is trying to get in on the 'life simulator' niche and it boasts a supposedly superior building functionality.

The cost is in hand-crafting all the animations. The point in this is that nobody has made anything remotely similar in the amount of content they have, and there are commercial games that have tried, which all fall far short.

Procedural Animation!

The PS5's "hype demo" mentions procedural animation, and presumably gives examples with dynamic handhold location detection and seeking, and later with idle character animation touching a dynamic set element.

Again-- it's a hype demo. Caveat Emptor, with large emphasis on the caveat.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #194072 on: August 10, 2020, 11:30:23 am »

Can't we just pay some poor bloke to live in a motion track suit 24/7 until we have all the animations we need

Also: looks nice! I'll definitely keep an eye on that.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 11:35:10 am by scriver »
Love, scriver~

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194073 on: August 10, 2020, 11:41:45 am »

Can't we just pay some poor bloke to live in a motion track suit 24/7 until we have all the animations we need

It's "incomplete" still, but Two Minute Papers showcases some absurdly cool AI-driven movement.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #194074 on: August 10, 2020, 01:59:02 pm »

It's "incomplete" still, but Two Minute Papers showcases some absurdly cool AI-driven movement.

Think of all the "sit down and drink coffee" animations we can create with this technology!
Love, scriver~

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194075 on: August 10, 2020, 08:22:13 pm »

You know, that could be the profession of the future.   
Where these days people with no real skills can sign up to do annoying things like be "mystery shoppers" or act as test subjects for pharmaceutical studies or whatever, before long you'll be able to sign away your every move over a set period of time in which you wear the provided mo-cap suit and go about your day.   
I'm guessing there'd be one of those daft surveys before hand, to determine just what you do with your days and whether it's what the animation company needs... and how much they'd be willing to shell out for it, of course.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #194076 on: August 11, 2020, 07:29:35 am »

Found accommodation and booked a flight. Barring more unforeseen incidents (which tbh have been a constant) I should be in Ireland next week 🇮🇪
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194077 on: August 11, 2020, 07:31:38 am »

I hear is leprechaun season. If you use lucky charms you can capture one.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #194078 on: August 11, 2020, 11:59:32 am »

Congrats Cmp!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194079 on: August 11, 2020, 12:34:45 pm »

A little happy, since we dont have gasoline anymore a lot of people is riding bikes and we are starting to see the unconceibable on an "oil producing country". Electric vehicles. People is starting small with those little scooters and small bikes but motorcylces are appearing in the streets and sales over the place. So yay for mother earth!

Too bad we are also having a huge oil splillage on the Morrocoy National Park, I think is the largest one in our history. Some say it was the iranians others it was our people. I think it doesnt make difference.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194080 on: August 11, 2020, 12:57:42 pm »

Regardless of who caused the oil spill, it should be remedied

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194081 on: August 11, 2020, 01:19:44 pm »

Sadly, besides some volunteers no one is giving a damn, and the goverment (both of them useless) arent even knowled the problem exist yet...

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #194082 on: August 11, 2020, 01:41:37 pm »

There's also a massive oil spill threatening the biodiversity of Mauritius but it's not really a happy topic  :-\
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194083 on: August 11, 2020, 01:53:22 pm »

Oh yeah, happy! Sorry, Ill sure be extra gloomy the next couple of days/weeks/months... so, happy. Oh rigth, I saw an italian made electric motorcycle that charges both on 110v or 220v for 900 bucks. Is not huge but is a motorcylce proper. Its expensive but I guess is a start.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194084 on: August 11, 2020, 01:55:27 pm »

But think of the oleophilic bacteria! You are going to destroy their habitat!

Or are you one of those "multicellular organisms are more important" people?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 12937 12938 [12939] 12940 12941 ... 13312