Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12940 12941 [12942] 12943 12944 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14384600 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: [AWOO] PREMIUM AWOOZONE put your awoos in here (Happy thread)
« Reply #194115 on: August 14, 2020, 05:57:02 pm »

Elephants
Wrappers
Rappers all the way down
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #194116 on: August 14, 2020, 08:26:20 pm »

If it's the 1920s then it's flappers all the way down

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #194117 on: August 14, 2020, 11:03:54 pm »

Will give this much, if there's one good thing about 2020 it's that there seems to be a small swing revival going (continuing?) on. It's nice to see that slice of the musical world getting some new energy.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #194119 on: August 15, 2020, 05:34:07 am »

I had the first session of my new D&D campaign today, and something magical happened. Something I originakly got into this game for, but that I never managed to properly see until today; my players did something that completely changed the story and the direction it was going in. Instead of going down the direction of the Lovecraft cult ruling the City and going down the path which started with them being accidentally sent for sacrifice, they instead managed to wriggle their way out of it, and began to focus on the seedy underbelly of the City, and suddenly, the entire story has changed. My plan now is to build this city up one odd job at a time, slowly introduce the characters and factions and politics and struggles and messiness of this crumbling, decaying mess of a city. Make it into somewhere that they feel is their home, somewhere they become attatched to. Then, if I can pull it off, a Character that one of the players got a massive grudge on (The bureaucrat who got them almost accidentally sent to be sacrificed) is going to manage to get into poeer in the upper echalons of the cult, disband the City watch and set up their own police force made of fanatics. Slowly, from there on out, have people be arrested. Gangs are flushed out. Friends disappear. The Cult Authority starts chasing the players. And who knows! Maybe it’ll never go in this direction! Maybe it’ll go some completely different way! I love this! I love it when the careful preperation gets destroyed, and instead of the players reacting to the world, it becomes the world reacting to the players. I’m just so happy with how this is going.

This sounds wonderful.

In before nest session "ok so we leave the city" ;)

Will give this much, if there's one good thing about 2020 it's that there seems to be a small swing revival going (continuing?) on. It's nice to see that slice of the musical world getting some new energy.

Swing is objectively the swingiest dance.

Also, I've always wanted to learn to do the Charleston. I think it's called.
Love, scriver~

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194120 on: August 15, 2020, 09:01:52 am »

Not sure if this is really a happy, but I can't think of anywhere else to put it.

Got all four wisdom teeth yanked as well as a molar (broken by a wisdom tooth pushing my teeth out of alignment).  Sitting at home now feeling pretty uncomfortable, but I'm glad that it's finally dealt with.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #194121 on: August 15, 2020, 09:07:42 am »

I loved my wisdom teeth.  they were flush, painless, and besides being a pain to brush the back of, all benefit.

the military forced me to get them removed.  now its easier to brush behind my back teeth. :|
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #194122 on: August 15, 2020, 09:08:19 am »

I only have three wisdom teeth.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194123 on: August 15, 2020, 09:29:16 am »

I had to remove them, all the same day, was easier and more importantly cheaper to do it that way. One was comming out completely horizontal grinding agains the back teeth. That day I bough myself a good squig pie and some fungus beer
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194125 on: August 15, 2020, 09:35:49 am »

fungus beer
What.

It's a reference to warhammer orcs/orkz, who use teeth as currency, make pies from squigs and brew beer from fungus.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194126 on: August 15, 2020, 09:39:37 am »

Oh. That's much less disgusting, but also disappointing.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #194127 on: August 15, 2020, 09:42:12 am »

Mushroom beer does actually exist, though, apparently. Seems to be mostly craft stuff from a quick google, but it looks like there's a few brands on the market, too.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #194128 on: August 15, 2020, 10:36:08 am »

At least it's not Fallen London's fungal wine, which is said to be an acquired taste.  Except the amanita sherry.  No second chances on that one.

I presume that Dwarven Beer, from "cave wheat" is also fungal.  But I don't remember DF's underground flora ever being particularly set in stone; instead being, ah, fertile ground for speculation.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194129 on: August 15, 2020, 11:23:52 am »

Oooohhh I seed what you did there. Lets not plow into that direction.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!
Pages: 1 ... 12940 12941 [12942] 12943 12944 ... 13310