Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12971 12972 [12973] 12974 12975 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14621275 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: [AWOO] PREMIUM AWOOZONE put your awoos in here (Happy thread)
« Reply #194580 on: December 04, 2020, 06:29:56 pm »

I got a shout out in front of the whole company on our christmas season company-wide meeting, in front of like, the CEO n stuff.

I was the only one who got a shout out at all :>

DUNA CLOGGED ALL THE PLUMBING ON THE SIXTH FLOOR WITH AN EPIC POOP. CAN’T EVEN BE MAD.

*round of applause*

I adulted good today, I have taken steps to fix a vacuum cleaner.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194581 on: December 04, 2020, 06:33:58 pm »

I got a shout out in front of the whole company on our christmas season company-wide meeting, in front of like, the CEO n stuff.

I was the only one who got a shout out at all :>

DUNA CLOGGED ALL THE PLUMBING ON THE SIXTH FLOOR WITH AN EPIC POOP. CAN’T EVEN BE MAD.

*round of applause*

I adulted good today, I have taken steps to fix a vacuum cleaner.

One shit to rule them all

I chortled
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194582 on: December 04, 2020, 07:32:05 pm »

Woa dude! That is awesome!
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194583 on: December 04, 2020, 08:49:05 pm »

Every time I see the word chortle, I always think of Fawful from Bowser’s Inside Story

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #194584 on: December 04, 2020, 08:53:27 pm »

surely you mean superstar saga
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #194585 on: December 04, 2020, 08:53:58 pm »

My housemate bought a scale and, despite everything I thought I knew about longterm trauma, I came in at a weight I'm comfortable with.

Which is not to shame anyone.  I didn't do this by force of will, gods know I have no willpower.

Also, I remember from last night that when I suck in my gut I look very good.
All the painful hours of self care (not to be confused with self-care) pay off.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194586 on: December 05, 2020, 06:04:17 pm »

I've been playing some good games lately: Backspace Bouken, Mini Metro, Turmoil, INSIDE, Epistory, and now The Lion Throne, a free Fire Emblem game made by devoted fans of the series, and holy shit is it just everything I always wanted FE to be.

Now, it's not just the quality of the games that I'm pleased with, but the fact that I'm playing at all. It's unusual behavior from myself to freely float from game to game, I often feel I have to force myself to do most of anything that isn't the rockbottom minimum effort idle enjoyment, and starting up a videogame, while lazy, isn't rockbottom minimum effort, and so historically I've had to force myself to start up games before I can realize that I actually liked the games at all.

My life is miserable atm, life feels more meaningless every day, but I got some enjoyable respite out of it through these media.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194587 on: December 05, 2020, 06:39:00 pm »

Does the game INSIDE take place within an organism? That’s the guess I’m getting from the title

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #194588 on: December 05, 2020, 07:32:41 pm »

Why don't you play it and find out?~
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194589 on: December 07, 2020, 12:04:29 am »

INSIDE deserves to be played and not talked about, because it's such a simple and powerful story, it needs to be witnessed firsthand and unspoiled.

I just got done with that fan game I was talking about: The Lion Throne. I'm just speechless at such a pure and excellent Fire Emblem homage. Intelligent Systems themselves couldn't put out something this good, and god they've tried. It's a short game, only 11 chapters, which is puny for an FE game, but the FE experience is wonderfully condensed into those 11 chapters. You only get 12 characters, and all of them are likable and useful. 11 chapters isn't enough for a full 40 levels of character growth, so that's condensed down to 10 during pre-promotion, then automatic promotion, then capping at level 10 there for only 20 levels; and stat growth is rapid as you might imagine.  I love that, one of the visceral appeals of FE is watching my characters develop, and rapid development is even better. You get a few guaranteed conversations between the party members between the missions, and they're all just little delights of great writing. It's so much better to be able to focus all your love on only 12 characters, instead of the veritable parade of nigh-useless and shallow characters you're bound to find in any real FE.

One thing that made the gameplay very enjoyable was the existence of the 'turnwheel' system, which allows you to freely wind back time a set number of times. My biggest gripe about FE was that I always want to play with permadeath active, but I get stressed out at the smallest mistake costing me a character, and then I feel I have to reload a save, or if I'm playing on an emulator, reload a nearby savestate. With the turnwheel system, you can rewind time all the way up to the previous turn if you made a mistake, or if the Random Number God decides he hates you today and causes all your hits to miss and all the enemies to hit even the most inaccurate attacks, and that winds up costing you a character, you don't have to get stressed out! You can rewind time and plan out a different course of action.

I just really enjoyed it. If I had anything to complain about, it would just be that one of the characters you get has a useless feat pre-decided for him. You see, one of the cool new features of the hack is that as characters level up, they get 'feats', meaning a permanent bonus to a stat of your choosing. This character had HP as his feat, when I would have preferred nigh-anything else, so that used up one of his feats and small disadvantages like that snowball over time, and he wound up being the runt of the litter by the end of the game, barely able to remain viable against the fodder enemies. That was kind of a waste of a cool character IMO.

Another complaint would be that many chapters had enemies spawn in at a rapid pace, which is cool I like that, but the final level has them teleporting in to unpredictable locations, so I had to redo that level after memorizing their placement and being ready for them, which I feel is not strategical at heart, as I'm not using using tactics so much as I'm just huddling everyone together to get ready to gangstomp the enemies the moment they spawn before they have a chance to move. But still, I wound up liking that final level, the boss was cool.

Maybe I'll keep myself immersed in the FE fangame community, they have some good shit floating around.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #194590 on: December 07, 2020, 10:12:35 am »

I feel like I totally got over my minor depression at this point.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194591 on: December 07, 2020, 11:52:19 am »

Wow hooo! Time to celebrate!
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #194592 on: December 07, 2020, 01:40:06 pm »

Started cooking my own food because I want more variation (My family agrees on only a handful of meals ever since I went vegetarian). I'm discovering the sheer convenience of cooking a meal for four people and storing the leftovers.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #194593 on: December 07, 2020, 06:09:04 pm »

I'm discovering the sheer convenience of cooking a meal for four people and eating all of it.

I feel this is more my style

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194594 on: December 07, 2020, 06:44:18 pm »

I'm discovering the sheer convenience of cooking a meal for four people and eating all of them.

I feel this is more my style
This.
Pages: 1 ... 12971 12972 [12973] 12974 12975 ... 13312