Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13062 13063 [13064] 13065 13066 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14640818 times)

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #195945 on: May 10, 2021, 04:24:18 am »

I got sound-insulating earbuds and a sleep mask. I slept wearing both of them, and I woke up feeling really refreshed. I don't know if it's my current state, where I'm still susceptible to sensory overstimulation due to the whole falling-on-head debacle, but that was good. Best purchase I've ever made. Not sure why I didn't buy them sooner.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #195946 on: May 10, 2021, 04:28:51 am »

I got sound-insulating earbuds and a sleep mask. I slept wearing both of them, and I woke up feeling really refreshed. I don't know if it's my current state, where I'm still susceptible to sensory overstimulation due to the whole falling-on-head debacle, but that was good. Best purchase I've ever made. Not sure why I didn't buy them sooner.
One of the best investments for proper sleep for me was buying ballistic ear protection. Cons: Can't sleep on side proper. Pros: Can't be awoken by fucking foxes fucking

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #195947 on: May 10, 2021, 04:45:29 am »

I woke up early today so my sister could take me to the hospital to check if i actually had cancer in my balls (see my post in the WTF thread to see that a pregnancy test i took came back positive despite me being male) and the doctor told me i did in fact have cancer in my balls nonono i'm just fucking with you all the doctor told me i had nothing wrong with me so to celebrate me cheating death i decided to eat an entire tub of ice cream. So my day has been good so far

Soooo.... Is it gonna be a boy or a girl?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #195948 on: May 10, 2021, 04:50:01 am »

awoken by fucking foxes fucking

I'm sorry, are the foxes in your area so horny that they're somehow having sex, while having sex? Multithreaded fucking?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #195949 on: May 10, 2021, 04:51:48 am »

I guess LW moved to Tsjernobyl, the land of the multiphallic phoxes
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #195950 on: May 10, 2021, 04:53:40 am »

Maybe LW lives in an area where foxes meat for orgies.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #195951 on: May 10, 2021, 05:28:14 am »

I'm sorry, are the foxes in your area so horny that they're somehow having sex, while having sex? Multithreaded fucking?
I have no evidence to the contrary besides the Lovecraftian warbling that gets louder every time I assure myself the limits of mortal volume have been breached

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #195952 on: May 10, 2021, 06:30:18 am »

... anyway, can confirm ballistic ear protection is good sleep investment. Been using gun range hearing protection to sleep with (or just when I want it to be a bit quieter) for years now, after a period of trying and failing to find something with a better price to function ratio (dedicated sleeping aids like that tend to be both expensive and pretty shit at actually blocking sound).

Also, you totally can sleep on your side proper with them on; the trick is to take a spare blanket and basically make a pillow with a hole in the middle to fit the thing, so it doesn't squish the side of your head while still having support for your noggin. Takes some fiddling to get right, but it's not particularly difficult. Extra blankets makes nice multiform shoggoth pillows in general, really.

Other helpful trick I've found with them, particularly once they start to wear out, is to also use a comfy (thin) blanket wrapped around your head (like a hood, basically) that you put the thing over, instead of directly on your ears. Extra cushioning without meaningfully impacting noise reduction that can double as a blindfold if you want to block out light, too, it's nice.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #195953 on: May 10, 2021, 09:28:28 am »

do you guys not have box fans, oooor

I've become dependent on white noise when I sleep, much to my own irritation, so I can't particularly judge.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #195954 on: May 10, 2021, 09:36:38 am »

do you guys not have box fans, oooor

I've become dependent on white noise when I sleep, much to my own irritation, so I can't particularly judge.

Yeah, they help a lot.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #195955 on: May 10, 2021, 10:22:14 am »

Yeah I get really disturbed by the tinnitus-sound when the power's out early in the morning, or when visiting my rural family. The silence is deafening and I hate it! I may have grown up half a mile away from the nearest neighbor, but that ended in middle school and the forest was alive with frogs, crickets, owls, deer... plus wind through the old attic, and the distant roar of a highway which i used to think was a waterfall.

True silence makes me very uneasy, it feels like being blind. Plus the ringing.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #195956 on: May 10, 2021, 10:35:32 am »

Yeah I get really disturbed by the tinnitus-sound when the power's out early in the morning, or when visiting my rural family. The silence is deafening and I hate it! I may have grown up half a mile away from the nearest neighbor, but that ended in middle school and the forest was alive with frogs, crickets, owls, deer... plus wind through the old attic, and the distant roar of a highway which i used to think was a waterfall.

True silence makes me very uneasy, it feels like being blind. Plus the ringing.

Wait is this why my ears ring in complete silence
YET ANOTHER DATA-COLLECTION THREAD FROM MR. "NOT FEDERAL AUTHORITIES."
ArchimedesWojak is very militant against zoophilia due to his deeply held religious beliefs.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #195957 on: May 10, 2021, 10:52:08 am »

I can hear a faint ringing in silence too, but I've experienced it for so long that I simply don't care at all. I can remember being a young kid, probably 6 years old, and still hearing ringing. That's how far back I've been hearing it. It's just normal to me. Probably why I like loud music, come to think of it.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #195958 on: May 10, 2021, 11:55:36 am »

Been letting my tortoise wander around the house a lot lately and it's cute to see how she's picking up some favorite spots to hang out. She's learned a few spots under beds, in a storage unit and in the corner of doors where she can nap in peace. Not always the best at coming back to her viv to warm up though, and she keeps trying to raid the cat bowls. Still like having her clicking and clomping about the place.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #195959 on: May 10, 2021, 12:15:12 pm »

It's my pet belief that the ringing we all hear is the result of all the radiative transmissions passing through & around us constantly:  radio, TV, cellphone, bluetooth, microwave... you name it.
FPS in Gravearmor (850+ dwarves) is 3-6 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.
Pages: 1 ... 13062 13063 [13064] 13065 13066 ... 13312