Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13087 13088 [13089] 13090 13091 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14383657 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #196320 on: July 29, 2021, 08:51:44 am »

Salads without cilantro are nothing to me... NOTHING! My wife calls herself lady Cilantro jokingly. She loves it too and we are having a hard time to the point we stoped making salads and other things because not having it.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #196321 on: July 29, 2021, 09:13:52 am »

In English, cilantro is the leaves/spice-form, but the plant is coriander, right?
Love, scriver~

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #196322 on: July 29, 2021, 09:54:59 am »

In South African English it's all just coriander. Seeds? Coriander. Leaves? Fresh coriander. Plant? Coriander plant. I had no idea what cilantro was the first time I read the word.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196323 on: July 29, 2021, 10:08:54 am »

Here the whole thing is cilantro. The leaves are "hojas de cilantro", literally cilantro leaves. The seed "semilla de cilantro", againg cilantro seed. "Planta de cilantro" would be cilantro plant but nobody calls it like that for everyday use, but just cilantro.

Tea from the seeds is used to calm the stomach.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #196324 on: July 29, 2021, 12:20:47 pm »

Cilantro was a good battle brothers seed I tjink
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #196326 on: August 02, 2021, 04:19:18 pm »

Oh, date number two went great, by the way! We hit the barcade this time, she's the reigning high scorer of one of the consoles there. I brought a bunch of blooms/buds from my overeager catnip plant for her cats, so I joke that I brought her flowers, hehe. The gal is both earnest and pretty rad, I feel rather fondly for her.

She's decidedly poly, which I have no prior experience with. Objectively, I don't think I have any qualms with this, and it's not my intention to change this (the two points of which I thiiiink about cover my responsibility on the matter?), but it's still a dimension I'm approaching gingerly. If anyone in the poly community has sage advice/warnings/directives for a newcomer they wouldn't mind PMing me (or sharing with the community if that's your speed), I'd love to hear it.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196327 on: August 03, 2021, 01:20:19 am »

I'm one of those poor unfortunate souls who has the cilantro=soap gene. I can't seem to taste it in hot sauces, though, so that's a bonus, I guess?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196328 on: August 03, 2021, 06:26:36 am »

Max is that an advice for None?

And None, what the heck is poly? Why are you approaching her with ginger? Better use cilantro.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #196329 on: August 03, 2021, 06:35:14 am »

Poly is almost certainly polyamorous, someone interested in having multiple romantic and/or sexual partners. Don't really have any advice outside of the generic, which is just communication communication communication -- be open and honest (as possible, given other considerations) with each other and don't get embroiled in drama horseshit.

It's definitely possible to have a stable and happy poly relationship if that's in question (old friend of mine has been part of a poly triad for over a decade, now, just as a single example out of plenty), but like all relationships you gotta' put in the work for it and the multiple partners getting involved can definitely make things more complicated. Play it by ear, work out if you're comfortable with things and with what, so on and so forth. If you like 'em, it'll probably be worth the effort!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196330 on: August 03, 2021, 07:14:03 am »

I think bringing her cats drugs is spicy enough, no need for ginger or cilantro.
let

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #196331 on: August 03, 2021, 08:22:37 am »

Best I can do is basil, although my basilfriends are not growing so strongly, the spider mites really took it out of them.

Yeah, polyam or polyromantic, I'm not really sure how people prefer to call it. It'll take work, of course, but that's expected. Y'can grow a garden anywhere, I like to say.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #196332 on: August 03, 2021, 09:22:43 am »

so my cat isnt starving, because it will eat the dry if it has to but prefers not to, but it goes ape shit over eggs and tuna and oils, such as butter or avocado oil.

Am I underfeeding it?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196333 on: August 03, 2021, 11:16:34 am »

so my cat isnt starving, because it will eat the dry if it has to but prefers not to, but it goes ape shit over eggs and tuna and oils, such as butter or avocado oil.

Am I underfeeding it?

Or the oils just make it taste good?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196334 on: August 03, 2021, 12:02:05 pm »

I went on vacation for a week and it was good. It is also good to be home.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 13087 13088 [13089] 13090 13091 ... 13310