Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13088 13089 [13090] 13091 13092 ... 13311

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14498522 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #196335 on: August 03, 2021, 11:03:11 pm »

She's decidedly poly, which I have no prior experience with.

There are helpful books on this topic now, actually, you can find some decent self-help on the topic I guess.

I am doing a lot better now that I am getting Lots and Lots and Lots of Animal Time. Cat! Dogs! Snek! Fish!!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #196336 on: August 03, 2021, 11:34:50 pm »

Snek? Snek. ... snek?

It's weird, I've actually been kinda' missing having a pet snake around lately. It's been years and years since anyone close to me had one (a 6+ foot boa, at one point it just had its own personal room, haha), but... still. Odd nostalgia pangs for petting (not so) little snek noggin.

... sub zero actual interest in getting one (I am full-fucking-up on responsibilities right now), but there's definitely some fond impressions being recalled more or less out of the blue.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #196337 on: August 04, 2021, 12:10:27 am »

Oh, outstanding idea, Vec! I'm twenty pages into a digital copy from the library by your suggestion.

..Man, wish I knew someone who had a snake. They're really cool critters. I'd have to get over myself and my squeamishness about feeding if I ever wanted one. Really considering some sort of pet these days, though.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #196338 on: August 04, 2021, 12:35:21 am »

Yeah!  My previous housemate had a snek.  I never handled her - I got real nervous when he talked about her being "technically venomous but don't worry" - but I fed her a few times.  There's something cozy about an animal that needs a heat lamp.  She was really narcoleptic, anyway.

Plus I've handled snakes before at a museum, and I have to say it's a cool sensation.  As a particularly tactile person, it's fascinating to feel them move over my arms.  I'm glad that I was willing, as a child, to push past my baseline fear.  I still dream about that feeling sometimes.  It's just so unique!  Along with being as a tree limb, a warm structure coiled around by a happy creature - it feels nice.

Anyway, I'm doing better.  Got my full vaccination, and my mom's been calling me every day since then just to check up.  And other close family members have been eager for my attention too, which means a hell of a lot even if I have to turn them down sometimes.  I think they all think I was "just" depressed, but I'm sure it was a more physiological thing which finally cleared up under one of the ~dozen things I tried.

(It wasn't the old intrusive thoughts, it was more that I couldn't confidently formulate a thought at all - hm, I should mention that to her tomorrow.)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196339 on: August 04, 2021, 06:56:49 pm »

I thought of an evil, but possibly awesome idea: Does anyone remember Teddy Ruxpin?
Oof. I'm old enough that I had a hand-me-down one as a kid. Not soft enough to sleep on, on account of having a cassette player for a torso, but I was pretty fond of 'em! Not sure I'm super into the Internet-Of-Things always online part of this plan, but a toy that takes advantage of compact storage media and small computers to be both soft AND able to sing, tell stories, or converse could honestly be nice. My niece and nephew have stuffed toys that sorta respond to voice, but mostly they just sing songs.

She's decidedly poly, which I have no prior experience with. Objectively, I don't think I have any qualms with this, and it's not my intention to change this (the two points of which I thiiiink about cover my responsibility on the matter?), but it's still a dimension I'm approaching gingerly. If anyone in the poly community has sage advice/warnings/directives for a newcomer they wouldn't mind PMing me (or sharing with the community if that's your speed), I'd love to hear it.
First, congrats on the nice date! Second, I was having issues with DMs, so *dusts off the Pontificating Soapbox.*

Also: Snakes are great! One of my mom's boyfriends had one: a real sweetie who liked to get all twined up in warm hands. I vaguely remember that they peed on me though, which complicated my feelings for a while.

Good things from the last few weeks:

The quails I've been co-parenting with my flatmate have laid their first eggs! And my stars, but there are far too many. Looking to rehome some hens, and find locals interested in eggs ATM, before I move and he drowns in a sea of tiny spotty eggs.

After hunting for months, I landed an apartment with one of my partners! Upper floor of a home, short bike ride outside the city. There's a large unused yard with several raised garden beds, room for a quail run, a spare office room, and plenty of sun. You would not believe how excited I am for cozy domesticity, and sharing the burdens and joys of day-to-day living. Goodness.

Been struggling to land long-term Game Design/UX/Programming work with a studio that allows full-time remote (and *doesn't* employ a gaggle of sex-pests). Got disheartened, asked for help from friends... and now I've got people pulling for me at various neat studios, and keeping eyes out for good offers. Deeply thankful, and thoroughly re-encouraged!

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #196340 on: August 05, 2021, 05:01:18 am »

Oh hey, good to see you Soli. Grats on all the good things!

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #196341 on: August 05, 2021, 06:29:38 am »

Oh, hey man! I didn't even recognise you without the cat butt!
Love, scriver~

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196342 on: August 05, 2021, 06:57:55 am »

Oh, it's just a trendy name for open relationship. For a moment I thought it was some kind of condition or something.

Well, for a lot of young chamos it seems like a good deal. Just make sure of using condoms if you get to that point.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #196343 on: August 05, 2021, 08:33:09 am »

Oh, it's just a trendy name for open relationship. For a moment I thought it was some kind of condition or something.
Nnnooo. Not a trendy name for an open relationship, plenty of poly setups are closed. It's a catchall term for multipartner romantic and/or sexual relationships. Some are open, some aren't. Just depends on the specific arrangements between the folks in question.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196344 on: August 05, 2021, 09:40:42 am »

It all sounds the same for me. If it involves more than two people then is open. I guess yeah ypu are rigth and the people involved could set up limits at any number or defined set of people. At any rate juat enjoy and use protection.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196345 on: August 05, 2021, 09:55:58 am »

Nnnooo. Not a trendy name for an open relationship, plenty of poly setups are closed. It's a catchall term for multipartner romantic and/or sexual relationships. Some are open, some aren't. Just depends on the specific arrangements between the folks in question.

Despite even monogamous setups being ridiculously prone to complication and disaster, some people just want to up the stakes even higher I guess.

Though I'm an emotionally damaged person that can't understand how intimate relationships can even exist at all so my opinion is worth less than nothing on the matter.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196346 on: August 05, 2021, 01:41:44 pm »

Despite even monogamous setups being ridiculously prone to complication and disaster, some people just want to up the stakes even higher I guess.

Though I'm an emotionally damaged person that can't understand how intimate relationships can even exist at all so my opinion is worth less than nothing on the matter.

It has been decided: Relationships is like Jenga, and some people are out there just wanting all the blocks they can hold in their hands :P

alternatively: relationship pokémon
Love, scriver~

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #196347 on: August 05, 2021, 01:49:41 pm »

alternatively: relationship pokémon

that's actually a term that the book i checked out mentions as a behavioral pattern to be mindful of

unrelated- my sneasel is coming along really well and eked out a victory against a fastasfkboi breloom when it had no right to do so, lemme tell you about how thicc this vespiquen is

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196348 on: August 05, 2021, 02:19:35 pm »

I mean, I was just joking, but I could definitely see how wanting to collect every person and then forcing them to fight other people would count as a relationship pattern to be mindful of
Love, scriver~

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196349 on: August 05, 2021, 02:51:23 pm »

Also make them mutate when you expose them to rare mineral nuggets.
Pages: 1 ... 13088 13089 [13090] 13091 13092 ... 13311