Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13111 13112 [13113] 13114 13115 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14537816 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #196680 on: October 13, 2021, 09:12:48 am »

I don't know how itcame to this, but I allmost never want chips anymore.  If I eat like 4 packs in in a year, that's like a lot, most times I can't get myself to empty them. Maybe it's because we allways have boring flavors at home, and since there are some at home I don't grab any when at the store.

I miss the honey roasted peanuts though, those things vanished as they came, out and into nothing.
let

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #196681 on: October 13, 2021, 09:29:44 am »

The disappearance of junk cravings tends to go away when you've got proper nutrition going on

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196682 on: October 13, 2021, 10:40:55 am »

I...?  Im not sure I eat that well, and I still crave junk food... But Idk all the things I see at the store I'like meh...  You could feed me frizzamines all day though, but chips, cookies, candy etc... meh

Also: is it me or did beer taste better 3 years ago?
let

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #196683 on: October 13, 2021, 10:47:35 am »

Might not be your imagination; pre and post-Covid supply lines for things are borked

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #196684 on: October 13, 2021, 11:31:14 am »

Taste buds also weaken/change with age, for what that's worth. Might be the same thing, you're just interpreting it differently.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #196685 on: October 13, 2021, 04:39:28 pm »

I mostly just stick to tortilla chips as chips go these days as delivery engines for that most excellent spicy salsa, hummus, or bean medley in absence of tortillas proper. Perhaps healthier than greasy potato chips, probably still not great. Would love to be that person that just munches on an apple or a few baby carrots or something, but 'raw fruits and vegetables' is one of those fulsome allergies I grapple with.

Taste buds sure do change, sweetness becomes less desirable as you move into adulthood. Unless you're one particular good friend of mine, in which case sweetness is always good. I can't quite fathom it, but to each their own.

Beer's always been good 'round these parts, but, well, we have a lot of that good craft stuff.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196686 on: October 13, 2021, 04:51:11 pm »

I have some really good news. I got a job with a abroad company (over internet, work from home) which will pay enough to actually leave here in less than a year and half. Its legit as I questioned another Venezuelan working with them since February. When I was confirmed to got the job, just cried for a good five minutes out of euphoria.

This truly seems like the end of a lot of misery for my family.

And no, is not making sexual webcam shows or a call center of any kind. Is a honest to God job.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #196687 on: October 13, 2021, 04:58:59 pm »

That's incredible! I hope you exceed and you/your family get the comfort and opportunities you deserve.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196688 on: October 13, 2021, 06:05:48 pm »

HOORAY. BIG HOORAYS.

Also, where are you thinking of moving to? If it's anywhere in states I will come and buy you a beer, for sure.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196689 on: October 13, 2021, 07:17:30 pm »

Original plan has mutated to getting to Chile, which is the closest to a developed country on south america, is not as difficult to get in and has the large plus of having working Canadian, USA, Australia, New Zeland and many more embassies. Our first target is Canada but all the other countries are good as well!

Some day I will visit you dunas, but the beer will be on me!
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #196690 on: October 13, 2021, 09:15:12 pm »

I hear Canada is not the promised land many think it is.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #196691 on: October 13, 2021, 11:47:21 pm »

Eh, I think it's worst for first peoples folks (whose situation gets referred to as "ongoing genocide" without much exaggeration, apparently), mostly? Parts that are fairly harsh on immigrants, too, but generally not as bad as a lot of places stateside. It's definitely got better PR than performance, though. Still, probably less hard on an immigrant family than the US would be.

... honestly, I'm mostly unsure of exactly where a good spot to flee to is, nowadays. Internet and pervasive pocket video recorders have brought to light a lot of shit in the relatively better places that used to fly under the radar.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196692 on: October 14, 2021, 08:20:06 am »

Wait for it.... Canaanda

badum tiss
let

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #196693 on: October 14, 2021, 08:47:55 am »

No place is perfect, but it takes either a highly ignorant understanding of the world or a highly privileged position in the world to make a claim like this.
Love, scriver~

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196694 on: October 14, 2021, 09:01:53 am »

We observed several rankings on the standard of living of A LOT of countries, plus I have talked with no few people from a lot of the top countries for vivid and grounded references, and even with acquaintances or family when possible and Canada consistently scored pretty high on all fronts, specially security, education and health which is what we are after for our little guy.

On all those fronts we made a lot of research and have a list of the best options.

Countries like Japan also qualify high but language barriers would be harder so is either a place with English and/or Spanish. While I am currently learning Portuguese at a pretty fast rate (not that is something particularly difficult to do for a spanish native speaker, both languages are like 60% identical) and French at a pretty slow rate, I would not feel confident enough to emigrate to any of their respective countries until I grab a level equitable to what I have of English.

My wife is learning english at glaciar speed. But at least is constant, like learning a word every few days.

It doesn't [b/]have to [/b]be Canada, but it would be awesome if it is.
Pages: 1 ... 13111 13112 [13113] 13114 13115 ... 13312