Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13112 13113 [13114] 13115 13116 ... 13311

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14518995 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #196695 on: October 14, 2021, 09:04:54 am »

When life gives you lemons, ask why you cant have limes instead...

Youre doing good.  Emigration is natural.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #196696 on: October 14, 2021, 09:33:49 am »

A friend of mine decided to start painting minis as a hobby a couple months or so ago, and has taken to it rather well. She actually got contacted on Reddit for a commission even!

Spoiler: Gem trolls (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dryads (Summer) (click to show/hide)

She's looking for advice and critiques for getting better, so if anyone has some good resources, that'd be appreciated as well

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #196697 on: October 14, 2021, 09:35:34 am »

I hear Canada is not the promised land many think it is.

No place is perfect, but it takes either a highly ignorant understanding of the world or a highly privileged position in the world to make a claim like this.

Better perhaps to understand the preconceived notions that lead someone to call it a promised land or, perhaps in the context of people in 'highly privileged positions', understand its shortcomings? Perhaps there are prejudices at play in the nation for particular vulnerable groups? There might even be a discussion here about potential immigration limitations if we're talking specifically about LordBaal's aspirations.

Let's be nice now.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196698 on: October 14, 2021, 09:53:09 am »

Kagus in the warhammer thread there are some painters as well, migth want to ask their opinions. I see those minis are masterfully painted with menacing spikes of awesomeness.

And thanks None, but I do have a thick skin and a full history of failures on my back so its fine to talk abruptly. However is better if one back up its claims with data and facts rather than feelings or earsay, yes, but any input is fine and would not deter us.

We are aware no place is the promised land and that bad things happen all the time to people everywhere regardless of anything, we are just lucking looking for a place with better odds so we can have more chances and space to work towards other things than simply not (starving less successfully) each month.

The main issue with our leave was always money and between the car we got and this job that hopefully will not be longer the issue.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 10:02:09 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196699 on: October 14, 2021, 11:56:29 am »

My understanding is that it's important to know that e.g. the US is frankly very unsafe for many trans and Black people (and God help the homeless), which can be true at the same time as we recognize that the standard of living is better for the "average" citizen than it might be in other places. Our country has a fuckton of inequality which we definitely sweep under the rug of "look at how good we have it compared to those other countries."

The UN has done various reports on our country emphasizing that for our marginalized citizens, folks are basically living in a police state, not a democracy. We have routine violations of basic human rights and have refused to sign onto most agreements about protecting our most vulnerable citizens. We have a ridiculously high infant mortality rate, especially for Black children, compared to most other countries with our "average;" and incarcerate more people than anyone else by a long shot, then drive a profit off of their imprisonment.

Anyway: point is, LordBaal could genuinely be better off here (or in Canada), at the same time as people could really be suffering here. Both things can be true at the same time.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196700 on: October 14, 2021, 12:15:54 pm »

As Vector points out, things can and do are very different for each migrant. Things like how you entry to the country, your level of education, of dexterity on the language of the country, contrast in your religioin and the main one whetever you are goin, even your looks and of course your wallet and were are you going to in that country, with a fair share of luck and your drive and desire to integrate make up for completely different experiences and outcomes for each one, not even taking into account the disparity of the nationals of that country.

We also have looked into all this and again Canada came on top, but this is algo generally speaking. Nothing can prevent say, we go there and end up with a neighbour that hates latinos, kids, latino kids or worst, nerd dads that love warhammer!

The fundamentals we found is that while very obvious, entering illegally puts you in a disadvantage but many do it because otherwise they could not be able to do so.

Another mayor point is willing to integrate or at least respect local traditions and laws is vital, for this you need a comprehensive knowledge of the language and local laws, customs and history. However not everyone in every neighborhood, town or region is open to the idea of you moving in, so in some places this migth be harder or take longer or even be impossible for some.

Also you must have a drive to actually work and avoid bringing issues with you like alcoholism and drug dependency because that can really destroy everything you have accomplished. Is better to try to solve this before emigrating or if possible right away after moving. I know most people here are not fan of churches, Im not particularly fond either but in this regard church communities can really help a lot if you are willing to work on it too.

These are some general statements that do not cover everyone migrant or every country but if I go into detail probably will end up writing a damn book about this and Im still to finish the one with my nightmares.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #196701 on: October 14, 2021, 01:59:25 pm »

After a year of silence, my favorite game, world of horror, is getting a new update.

This makes me so happiest.
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196702 on: October 14, 2021, 10:20:53 pm »

I finally managed to beat Noita. Got it on my 50th try.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I was really worried for a bit at the end there, cause I angered the gods really badly, and I had to fight a miniboss that looks like Papyus from Undertale, and he almost killed me, but I managed to pull it out. Then I got to the actual final boss and destroyed him with my OP wand, which is the awesome part of the game.

Now, that's the easiest, most basic ending possible. To any of the other endings will require a serious dive into the mystical secrets of the game, and a serious time commitment.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196703 on: October 16, 2021, 04:25:15 am »

Found an old steamer trunk today that needs some work but I think I can get it back into use able shape, the condition is pretty good considering it fell off a tuck and I found it in the middle of a busy road. Also it's constructed in the strangest way with a sheet metal exterior with wooden walls on the interior but the top and bottom interior panels are made of cardboard. Thinking of using it as a tool box when I'm finished fixing it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #196704 on: October 20, 2021, 12:44:44 am »

Been a year and change since the last time I posted on B12, but howdy. I'm happy for a convention (anime weekend Atlanta, hmu if any B12 people are attending 👀) that's occuring next weekend, so that's what's keeping me energized and focused atm.

I'm seeing some new faces as well as many veterans (i.e. Joshua fh, lord baal, vector, and PK, just to name a few of those in the last few replies), so I'm glad to see this forum hasn't lost any of it's lifeblood in the interim ☺️.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #196705 on: October 20, 2021, 12:48:08 am »

Technically all of our lifeblood is kinda splashing around and getting everywhere and pooling up and draining back in but yeah, we're certainly not losing any of it!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #196706 on: October 20, 2021, 03:31:02 am »

Been a year and change since the last time I posted on B12, but howdy. I'm happy for a convention (anime weekend Atlanta, hmu if any B12 people are attending 👀) that's occuring next weekend, so that's what's keeping me energized and focused atm.

I'm seeing some new faces as well as many veterans (i.e. Joshua fh, lord baal, vector, and PK, just to name a few of those in the last few replies), so I'm glad to see this forum hasn't lost any of it's lifeblood in the interim ☺️.
On the 28th, huh.  I'm tempted to say fuckit and go.  I'm vaxxed and will be in full costume anyway, where's the harm?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196707 on: October 20, 2021, 06:13:32 am »

Welcome back ggamer!

Zultan, for a moment I picture an actual stump streaming its PUG games.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #196708 on: October 20, 2021, 09:12:41 am »

Hey, welcome back, ggamer. New face, old hat, lovely to have you around again. It's a good harbor, this place.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #196709 on: October 20, 2021, 10:26:02 pm »

I parallel parked for the first time on Tuesday, and I did it like I’ve done it a thousand times. Genuinely considered taking a photo of it.

also I will be parent in, like, 5 months
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 13112 13113 [13114] 13115 13116 ... 13311