Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13114 13115 [13116] 13117 13118 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14376054 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #196725 on: October 23, 2021, 06:57:01 am »

Yeah, LB's in Venezuela right now, which is currently in the process of like... actively collapsing as a state, or something like that. I could shit on the US all day long, but right now even it would be an upgrade from their present environs, nevermind Canada or whatever.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196726 on: October 23, 2021, 07:16:34 am »

Basically what we want is two things. Security and better opportunities.

Security here is a joke. In all of its aspects. There is not physical security, we are in a place were crooks shot death people people death and then rob them because is easier that way. Hey with about 99% of unsolved crimes rate, why not?

Healthcare is a joke too, a bad, sad joke. Hospitals that come straight from Silent Hill, understaffed because the monthly payment is less than 5 dollars for a public worker, people laying on the floors on carton boxes because the equipment is long gone form from overuse or robbery. The few personnel still working in hospitals do it either out of vocation and have another real breadwinner job or are making money on the lowside by selling the few medicines and supplies that ever come in through the outright criminal bureaucracy.

Juridical security does not exist. You are subject to any potential harasment, extortion or forced disappearance by the state or its goons. In practice you belong to them and only the rights they feel like apply to you at any moment.
A few quick examples of people I directly or indirectly knew personally:
- The uncle of my inlaw brother's wife, got gored and dismembered because he did not wanted to sell his meager piece of land were he had lived all his life and planted platains tu survive to some guys harassing him. The very morning after, his body still warm some "law enforcement" officials (national guard in this case) were there declaring outright that the land was theirs now and anyone better accepted it and shut up or else. His niece tried to push for some investigation only to meet a death threat to her and his toddler on the police quarters from a policeman.
- A men that sells fish and have had a moderate success had about 200 police men raid his house because he was "trafficking with gasoline". When he saw by the window the police had a truck filled with gasoline barrels ready to enter his garage he had to negotiate with the head of the procedure, give him 600 dollars and a lot of sport equipment, as well as his car battery and all 4 wheels along other spare parts. Now the guy gets called every so often to fulfill fish orders, for free or else.
- The owner of a mom&pop grocery shop (bodegas we call them) got extorted and had to pay 2000 or else he was going to jail and his family would be murdered because he did not wanted to "sell" his car to some law enforcer officer.
- The owner of a junk yard and his son had to come up with 2000 dollars or they would go to jail because the had a car of "dubious origin" in their yard. It was their own fucking car that was trashed on an accident, they had all the papers to prove it.
- Who perhaps was the last honest policemen in the whole place refused his new commander officer orders of "bring me 100 dollars every day, or else" to each one of the team. He was then sent to a God forbidden town, then imprisoned in his own command building for a while under false charges, finally after being cleared and back to work he was gunned down on an ambush.
- When he was a few months old, my own son was denied essential medicine on a public hospital (a miracle own its own they actually had it at the moment) because we were not card carrying members of the party. Had to buy it on the black market at great expense.
- Two co-owners of a small business got kidnaped and forced to "sell" two apartments they had by police officers. That's it, they were taken at gun point to the Public Registry and signed the papers.
And all this is on top of the own regular crime atrocities. I could go on, and on, and on.... I have avoided most trouble by keeping my head down when I wasnt crippling poor and then by simply not going out at all for nothing that is not work related.

Financial security, oh boy... the official government don't have to take you at gun point nowere, they probably still will if they feel like it. But its easier to sign a paper and poof, that propriety is minha now. And if you protest much? To the jail with you. This was in theory destined to big industries (which they then consistently destroyed like the bunch of stupid criminals they are) but its a cart blanc to basically anything they want.

Our own money is worth less than monopoly money, literally, that is why we use the dollar, despite being illegal in paper to own it even, the ruling cartel encourages it now because Venezuela has become the biggest laundering operation in the history of mankind and probably in the history of everything.

Recent studies put poverty on a 94% of us, and extreme poverty on a 76%, with both numbers creeping up all the time. Over 5 million of Venezuelans have gone abroad, the vast majority to send money back to their families and the dream of someday return or take their families with them. If by any chance you actually accomplish something and make some honest money here its just a matter of time before you either get a visit of the goons to extort you or their bosses for you to launder money for them or else... and this not taking into account the "vacuna" (vaccine) you have to pay to whoever is in charge in the area (official or otherwise) so you get protection or not robbed by them.

Prices here are as much as any other country now but the salaries are laughable. And while is true some services are not being charged right now (the people that did the metrics quit because poor work conditions and payment) we also have the worst services rates. Slowest internet with a LOT of down times. Electricity service is interrupted everywhere from 1 up to 15 hours or more, sometimes for days, every day. The whole city I live have 1 week without water on pipes because lack of maintenance. Getting cocking gas is troublesome to say the least and many people are simply doing it with timber again.

As you migth picture from all this, people have not much time to progress or else while being worried day after day for its short term survival, this hampers a lot of progress and make opportunities to grow in any area difficult, unless... you join the criminal organization that rules.

That dichotomy, I don't want it for my son. For him to grow up in a place were being a good honest man gets you in death peril at worst or branded you as a fool at best.

Basically that is what we are trying to escape.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2021, 08:57:46 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #196727 on: October 23, 2021, 07:39:53 am »

Yeah, okay, fair, just because Canada has its troubles definitely doesn't mean it's not worth leaving somewhere actively hostile to you.

You definitely have your homework done but also, speaking as someone who lived overseas for a significant chunk of my life (albeit an affluent one) do be on the lookout for communities you can fit in and get support from, even if you don't like your fellow countrypeople's politics. Negligence from the government and unintentional cultural barriers are definitely the worst part of being a migrant IMO and having migrant friends mitigate that somewhat.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196728 on: October 23, 2021, 08:01:15 am »

Thank you for caring for us dude, I really appreciate it! Most of my rl friends are in Chile, and some distant relatives are in Spain, so probably one of those countries migth become a scale to Canada, Australia, USA, New Zealand.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 08:04:22 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #196729 on: October 23, 2021, 02:34:20 pm »

You have this baal. Keep us informed.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #196730 on: October 23, 2021, 09:35:52 pm »

cake.png
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #196731 on: October 23, 2021, 10:23:52 pm »

And a fine cake it is.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196732 on: October 24, 2021, 02:32:03 am »

cake.png
Does it means this earth rotation movement in particular marks the end of another translation cycle since the moment you were expelled from an uterus? If that is so Happy birthday then!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #196733 on: October 24, 2021, 02:43:13 am »

cake.png
Are we still doing this?
Give me a break.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196734 on: October 24, 2021, 02:52:30 am »

Its one of the earnest traditions of this institution of us. That and finding psychotic ways to torture digital hippies with alcoholic happy faces.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #196735 on: October 24, 2021, 02:55:28 am »

Happy birthday KT.

About the previous stuff, congrats LB! I plan to leave Russia eventually. Honestly either the USA or Canada, if Canada turns me back then America it is, every single problem of it that was brought up is present here in much larger amounts.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #196736 on: October 24, 2021, 03:10:22 am »

Russia 2021: We xave many Trumps
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #196737 on: October 24, 2021, 03:59:34 am »

In a mild happy of my own, no longer getting so stuck regarding politics anymore made me not stress out as much. I have pretty much deradicalized into a generic dem-soc.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

TheSteppeWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Надад чонын сэтгэл байна
    • View Profile
« Reply #196738 on: October 24, 2021, 07:44:34 am »

My asymptomatic case of Covid, seems to be done with! :D Finally I can go out much again.
Those who stomp on Mongolian land, will leave their lives on Mongolian doorstep.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196739 on: October 24, 2021, 08:59:29 am »

Great! You can go out to the steppes to hunt with your pack once more!
Pages: 1 ... 13114 13115 [13116] 13117 13118 ... 13310