Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13119 13120 [13121] 13122 13123 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14549580 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #196800 on: November 18, 2021, 11:02:56 pm »

I started playing Dokapon Kingdom with some random guys online, who've quickly become cool friends. Dokapon Kingdom is a Mario Party-style party game, but with a story mode that is roughly 100x longer than the longest game of Mario Party, and game mechanics that encourage trolling, backstabbing, and bastardry. It's a lot of fun, even if it is very difficult to actually finish a game due to being so absurdly long, and the incredible malicious randomness of the game that can make people rage quit easily.

We get together whenever we have some free time in the evening, and it's never a dull moment. Really makes my day.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 11:04:31 pm by JoshuaFH »

Flying Teasets

• Bay Watcher
  • another nation, or a non-governmental entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #196801 on: November 19, 2021, 05:45:31 pm »

I've learned something about house wiring today! And it looks like modernizing the sockets won't be a problem. A small start, but I'm happy.
Not here at the moment

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196802 on: November 19, 2021, 06:08:10 pm »

After trying to play the free Star Citizen expo today, I am happy that I never sunk money into this.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196803 on: November 19, 2021, 06:17:46 pm »

110v or 220v? The hardest part of modernizing sockets would be if the sockets are so old the sizes of the boxes/plates screwholes dont fit on moden ones. Also if there is need of rewiring and the pipes are metalic.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2021, 06:20:22 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Flying Teasets

• Bay Watcher
  • another nation, or a non-governmental entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #196804 on: November 22, 2021, 06:18:52 am »

110v or 220v? The hardest part of modernizing sockets would be if the sockets are so old the sizes of the boxes/plates screwholes dont fit on moden ones. Also if there is need of rewiring and the pipes are metalic.

110v. I'd be happy if the wiring wasn't one of the things built improperly by the original builders. At least the place hasn't collapsed.
Not here at the moment

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196805 on: November 22, 2021, 08:11:56 am »

Ouch... sounds like heavy job. But is a nice feeling doing it properly
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #196806 on: November 24, 2021, 04:25:25 pm »

Troll monk wrassled a megaraptor while their friends hit it with sticks and punched it to death. I'm not sure if any game that lets you wrassle a megaraptor is a good one, but it's got to be close.

Low Magic Age is the name, still in EA, home ruling away level adjustments makes for some wonderful hilarity.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #196807 on: November 25, 2021, 06:54:16 am »

To put an end to private investors buying houses to rent them out at exorbitant prices, or just keep them unoccupied specualting on prices rising further, the city of Rotterdam has decided that it is no longer allowed to buy a house in the city districts with mostly social rental housing, unless the buyer will actually move in and live there.

About time. Housing prices are going through the roof over here, and housing shortages are insane. 12-15 years waiting time to rent an appartment in the affordable sector isn't exceptional. Children are sometimes forced to keep living with their parents until they're well over 30 years old.

Let's hope more cities follow the example.

Take that, Blackstone, and keep your filthy paws off our social housing.
Meanwhile in London the lawmakers can't seem to fathom the difficult concept of "don't buy house you won't use"

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196808 on: November 25, 2021, 06:28:35 pm »

I finally started up Valkyria Chronicles, after sitting on it for years and years and telling myself I was going to play it someday, I finally did start playing it. That's a wow moment right there.

I really like it, it's a fun strategy game. It has extremely questionable AI where enemy units will occasionally get confused and run back and forth doing nothing, or enemy mortars will bomb their own units, and those units will make no effort to move from the location that is getting bombed by their own side and just accept death. The AI also does absurdly bullshit things occasionally, like headshotting one of my partially hidden units, with perfect accuracy, from across the map, with a tank shell for a one hit KO. Or doing the same with thing Lancers, units that use handheld explosive missiles, whereas my Lancers can barely hit the broad side of a barn. It's enough to make you really paranoid.

But otherwise, it's pretty decent. It's just hard enough that you have to take it seriously because you'll get punished for strategic errors, but not hard enough that I'll tear my hair out retrying the same mission over and over. Yet. There seems to be just enough variety in unit types to make it interesting, and each of those unit types feels necessary and useful; it's almost like a 3D Advanced Wars.

The story... well it's inspired by WW2. The tone and feeling of the story oscillates hard enough to give you whiplash. A lot of scenes are gratuitous, grotesquely, loathsomely wholesome. Like, holy shit, so wholesome it makes me sick with how saccharine it feels. Then in the next scene we're walking through anime Auschwitz as it exterminates anime Jews, here named Darcsens. Then we can read a newspaper blurb that states that baker schools are shutting down due to the war. Then in that same newspaper it states that the only things more numerous than war orphans are the number of orphans who'll grow up under-educated and impoverished. Jesus Christ game.

I feel like that some of the game design didn't go through rigorous enough oversight to make sure it actually worked or made sense. Like you unlock a little tank you can use at the end of one mission, and in the next mission I'm hoping to, you know, actually use the tank and get a feel for how it works... but the next mission is designed so your tanks are trapped behind an arbitrarily placed impassable wall, and then the next mission after that doesn't use your tanks at all. Like holy shit let me use the little tank I unlocked.

Right now, I might be at a very crucial level that determines whether I hate the game or not. I tried it once, and there's an enemy base to capture, that's the only objective, and I captured the base.... and then the mission doesn't end, I'm surprised by Ambush Spawns (a first so far in the game) and I don't have any more command points so I have to let them move, and they instantly oneshot my main character and game over me. I consider it a hallmark of bad game design to punish the player for information that they couldn't possibly know beforehand, and force them to memorize the level in order to win.

We'll see though how my opinion bears out.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #196809 on: November 26, 2021, 03:57:56 am »

Oh man Valkyria is a nostalgia trip and a half

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 02:00:34 pm by dragdeler »
let

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #196811 on: November 26, 2021, 11:37:23 am »

I know right. Snow is only cool when there's enough for decent snowball fighting and igloo building
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #196812 on: November 26, 2021, 01:25:24 pm »

But to get to that point you also have to shovel it and deal with people forgetting how to drive in it at first.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #196813 on: November 26, 2021, 01:36:44 pm »

What? Your country does not have shovel slaves or capital punishment for bad drivers?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196814 on: November 26, 2021, 01:52:59 pm »

He said he'd "deal" with them, allright?! sheesh keep it lowkey
let
Pages: 1 ... 13119 13120 [13121] 13122 13123 ... 13312