Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13121 13122 [13123] 13124 13125 ... 13311

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14512759 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #196830 on: November 30, 2021, 02:04:14 pm »

I don't know what it's called, it's just a thing I do.  I have a weird reflex of responding to people with two statements separated by a comma.  I'm pretty sure it's bad English, so I try to avoid it when I notice.
Though I think it does have a certain charm, it doesn't come naturally to me.
This is a good example, I have nothing more to add.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #196831 on: December 01, 2021, 12:20:34 am »

Joining two independent clauses with a comma and without a conjunction is called a comma splice.  There are stylistic uses for it, but it is indeed typically considered poor grammar in any formal context.  It is thus fortunate that forums are not a black-tie affair. 

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #196832 on: December 04, 2021, 09:29:16 am »

I set up a small plastic Christmas tree this year (my normal celebrations of Yule have been limited to mulled wine and the occasional excessive meal), for my 1 year old to witness. She scooted over and began pulling bulbs off and bouncing them across the floor. Little scamp.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196833 on: December 04, 2021, 12:32:09 pm »

Peter asked me to watch pokemon with him. Starting to see the old series with him. I think i've waited from before he has born for this moment. Ash just captured Caterpie, the first pokemon he catches.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196834 on: December 04, 2021, 12:40:56 pm »

Mine watched star wars (Ep1) with me, he was a little scared of some of it but he thought the podraces were amazeballs.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196835 on: December 04, 2021, 12:42:34 pm »

Awesome!
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196836 on: December 04, 2021, 03:38:09 pm »

Peter asked me to watch pokemon with him. Starting to see the old series with him. I think i've waited from before he has born for this moment. Ash just captured Caterpie, the first pokemon he catches.

Mine watched star wars (Ep1) with me, he was a little scared of some of it but he thought the podraces were amazeballs.

I set up a small plastic Christmas tree this year (my normal celebrations of Yule have been limited to mulled wine and the occasional excessive meal), for my 1 year old to witness. She scooted over and began pulling bulbs off and bouncing them across the floor. Little scamp.

wholesome u_u
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #196837 on: December 04, 2021, 04:17:24 pm »

You know what comes next, right? Set the spore up with a N64 emulator and the pod racing game :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196838 on: December 04, 2021, 06:24:30 pm »

You know what comes next, right? Set the spore up with a N64 emulator and the pod racing game :P

I think i have that squirrelled away someplace.

I wanted to get him a switch so he could play older games on whatever the modern version is of the Nintendo store. We used to have an original wii with some of that on it, but it broke.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #196839 on: December 04, 2021, 06:59:12 pm »

That podracing game is so god damn good...

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #196840 on: December 04, 2021, 07:04:31 pm »

It was the bomb, literally.

Really need a remake of it tbh. Just updated to run on newer systems, new graphics, same old game. Like the Halo: CE anniversary addition.

Which I have been playing, on my brand new laptop. It's been great. The flood are terrifying as always. Never get used to them.

New laptop refuses to let EVE Online run though. Launcher works fine, game itself won't launch. Similar problem with its driver update software, which I got through by restarting and telling windows to allow the driver installer to run, but no such pop-up is made for EVE.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 07:07:56 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196841 on: December 04, 2021, 07:41:49 pm »

Fired up the Isle again after a year or so long hiatus from it. Had a nice chill time as a raptor, raising lots of baby raptors and hunting stuff. There's something very satisfying about building up a little pack of players and taking on dinosaurs several times your size.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #196842 on: December 04, 2021, 11:35:07 pm »

Got some friends together for a full-day thrift-shop outing! The gals in the group scored a whole buttload of fantastic coats and sweaters and pants and other excellent apparel, I settled for a pair of button-up shirts, some new ear studs, some five or six volumes of articles from The Onion, and two fringe schlock books about aliens and lunar magic. They should be a delight to thumb through and giggle about, and I'll admit I'm a little tickled to own a book on a magical practice, general malarkey that I take it for.

The third friend found a pair of chambongs- champagne bongs for the expedient consumption of your favorite bubbly. I've promised to buy a bottle of shitty bubbly and to go through it with him in order to break in the things, which should be dreadfully fun in a brilliantly stupid but delightfully harmless kind of way.

Witnessed a parade, ate some bomb-ass chili, got to utilize my retro metal vacuum-sealed thermos for the first time this year to enjoy some mint tea from, discovered chambongs, had lots of lovely conversation with lovely company, ogh, I feel very enriched today.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196843 on: December 05, 2021, 02:00:32 am »

My 12 year old just played his first session of D&D with us, he seemed to really enjoy himself.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #196844 on: December 05, 2021, 05:33:16 am »

:o
« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 10:42:21 am by Caz »
Pages: 1 ... 13121 13122 [13123] 13124 13125 ... 13311