Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13180 13181 [13182] 13183 13184 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14377060 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #197715 on: August 03, 2022, 04:38:08 pm »

Like, most of them!
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #197716 on: August 03, 2022, 07:05:29 pm »

And it's based.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197717 on: August 03, 2022, 07:48:40 pm »

I'm not trans, but I'm kinda glad so many people here have turned out to be over the years. I feel like a better person than I might have been if I knew literally zero trans people and got hit with the sort of anti-trans sentiment common elsewhere. This forum has helped me keep an open mind to all sorts of things, and I'm grateful for it.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197718 on: August 03, 2022, 08:57:08 pm »

I've had an online friend come out as trans to me recently.  Like out of the blue after a few months of not much I get a steam message of "I'm trans now btw"

We mostly just shitpost each other about the random shit we do on the interwebs or play a handful of games together, we generally don't get all that personal.  Like I couldn't really tell you much of anything about them nor they much about me.  I just reply "that's cool"

They gave me a "thanks" and it never really gets brought up again.  It's not that I think any lesser of them or anything, it was just a little strange.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #197719 on: August 04, 2022, 10:07:20 pm »

God, I love how many of lower boarders from way back all turned out trans.
I mean, being honest, I should have realised it sooner. I utterly failed to realise that looking in the mirror and wishing you looked like a girl for literally as long as you remember is a really fucking big sign. Should have at least sent me on the questioning path.

With regards to the whole thing, I gather it's some sort of odd phenomenon where people who fail to realise they're trans sort of clump together. Maybe we've got similar personalities formed by going through the same thing, or maybe without even realising it we all relate to one another due to similar experiences, or maybe it's not correct and some kind of frequency bias.

Still, it's nice to know I'm not alone, even if it's just online. I don't know anybody else who's trans (At least, as far as I'm aware) in person. Closest I have is a friend who says they just straight up have no care about it at all.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #197720 on: August 04, 2022, 11:38:26 pm »

Yeah, doubt anyone here that only knows trans folks online is alone. Don't know of any in my immediate area, either, but the flip side of that is that I'm pretty sure someone that was open even a little about being trans in the shithole I live in would be very literally murdered, so that's... not surprising.

Had offline friends or family friends end up pretty much everywhere else on the lgbt-etc. spectrum (once they managed to gtfo, anyway), but if there were any that were trans, the hatred around here buried it deep as a survival mechanism :-\

... I honestly can't remember there even being a point the concept bothered me, though, even with all the crap around where I live and when I was young. There was definitely some insensitive jokes and junk that got inherited for a while, but actual enmity was just... nah. Never really made sense to hate folks for being trans (or... basically any other gender permutation or sexual-preference-that-doesn't-involve-non-con, for that matter), and no one in my life ever managed to even make a coherent argument for doing so, nevermind a convincing one. Encountered plenty of certainty there was something wrong about it, but if they had reasons at all they were pretty obviously horseshit, either on the face of it or with trivial amounts of research. Probably helped that no one I particularly trusted tried, but eh...

Any case, I've definitely found trans-friendly-ish places online are just... generally much nicer places to hang around, as a rule. There's probably exceptions, but everywhere I've found myself spending much time around has had that as a characteristic.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197721 on: August 05, 2022, 07:05:48 am »

That's probably because any place that don't make a fuss about how people identify but how people are and treat each other is bound to be nice? I mean, you all could be aliens or AI for all I care, you are still wonderful lads.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 09:22:36 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #197722 on: August 05, 2022, 07:31:50 am »

I'm not trans, but I'm kinda glad so many people here have turned out to be over the years. I feel like a better person than I might have been if I knew literally zero trans people and got hit with the sort of anti-trans sentiment common elsewhere. This forum has helped me keep an open mind to all sorts of things, and I'm grateful for it.
Yeah.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #197723 on: August 05, 2022, 07:44:18 am »

I'm in the same boat. When I was younger I was on a different forum which had a lot of queer folks around and I'm certain that interacting with them (while going through Christian schooling) opened my mind a lot about not only other peoples' sexualities, but also helped me understand my own much clearer.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #197724 on: August 05, 2022, 08:24:54 am »

And transpilled

ciscels be seething over transchads

Assigned Chad at birth
Love, scriver~

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #197725 on: August 05, 2022, 08:59:34 am »

And transpilled

ciscels be seething over transchads

Assigned Chad at birth
The M in AMAB stands for Megachad

EDIT: More mildly bemused, I was down to see the nurse today for an ECG and she decided she might as well do my bloods then and there rather than have me come down next week. Since the forms hadn't been printed already she had to print them. She thought there was a mistake since they were asking for FSH, LH, estradiol and everything. Had to give a quick explanation that no, there wasn't a mistake, they were testing my hormone levels.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 07:06:09 pm by Great Order »
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #197726 on: August 05, 2022, 11:05:41 pm »

A girl fell asleep on my shoulder

And in a totally non-sexual way that meant a lot to me.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #197727 on: August 05, 2022, 11:27:23 pm »

She trusts you to not slice her open, eat her insides, and wear her skin as a cost.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197728 on: August 05, 2022, 11:29:37 pm »

Very cute. I envy.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #197729 on: August 05, 2022, 11:53:38 pm »

And in a totally non-sexual way that meant a lot to me.

That is very nice.
Pages: 1 ... 13180 13181 [13182] 13183 13184 ... 13310